• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxford and Rochdale are very much in the mix with games in hand. Saturday's loss is a big problem for us now and I fear could change our season.

It could have been a lot worse due to not playing tonight. To be honest I would have settled for these results before kick off. Let's keep in touching distance as long as we can.... UTB!:happy:

Well we played tonight's game on January 5th and got our defeat in early. I wonder if we would have got a better result if we had played it tonight?

Oxford and Rochdale are very much in the mix with games in hand. Saturday's loss is a big problem for us now and I fear could change our season.

I see what your saying Leo, but even if Oxford & Rochdale both played their 2 games in hand and they all won them both before we play against the Vale on Saturday, we would only slip down to 9th, but we would still be just in the same situation as we are currently in now (2 points off the play off's) so it wouldn't really wouldn't make much difference really.

Besides, if you look at both Oxford's and Rochdale's run in, it's a lot tougher than ours (on paper at least).

Rochdale have to face:

Sheffield United (1st)
Scunthorpe (2nd)
Millwall (6th)
Bradford (5th)

&

Oxford have to face:

Peterborough (8th)
Scunthorpe (2nd)
Bolton (4th)
Bradford (5th)
Millwall (6th)

We never really know at this business end of the season to be truly accurate, but looking at our fixtures versus theirs, I can't see them gaining 6 points (and goal difference) on us over our their tough upcoming fixtures.

I'm quietly confident, that we will gain some ground on them both during March.... but us having 7 games in April though but define our final table position.

UTB

:loyalsupporter:

Last edited:

The wheels have come off for Rochdale, they've failed to win in their last 8 games. Oxford are definitely a threat though, although given their fixtures if they do keep winning we'll start overtaking the teams above us so it won't matter.

I think there'll be many twists and turns before the season is out. It was disappointing that Millwall won last night and replaced us in the playoffs, but its where we are in May that counts.

Bradford don't seem as strong as they were anymore and even if we can't catch Millwall we could well overtake the Bantams. Saturday's game is massive as a win would get us going on a run again, and I believe we then play twice before Millwall do again. If we can get points on the board and leave them with games in hand they have to win, they may well crumble under the pressure.

Some very interesting games tomorrow affecting us :-

Bradford City v Peterborough United
Oxford United v Bristol Rovers
Rochdale v Sheffield United
Scunthorpe United v Fleetwood Town

A win for us and defeats for Peterborough and Bristol Rovers would pretty much rule them out of catching us unless we suffer a massive collapse like last season. Peterborough would be 6 points and Brizzle 8 points behind us both having played a game more.

A win for eaither Scunny or Fleetwood would leave us 5 points behind the other one, so catchable.

I think we have to look out for Oxford and Rochdale coming back into the frame. Although Oxford's fixture backlog with the Checkatrade final to come might slow them down a bit.

Whatever happens I think 3 points for us tomorrow is vital, otherwise we may start to only have two play off places to chase rather than all four.

Although expected, Oxford losing certainly helped us a bit tonight, if we don't get a win against Brizzle on Saturday.

Just watched the Gillingham v Scunthorpe highlights for the penalties, but Scunthorpe's second goal is hilarious! :smile: :-

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10798994/gillingham-3-2-scunthorpe

My god! If I ever complain about Ted or Oxley again remind me of that! :hilarious:

Has as there ever been a hat trick of pens in the league before? Let alone one in the last 15 mins!? As much as I dislike the Gills that was funny! Poor old Scunthorpe, they've been in freefall since we beat them!

Back