• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Why's that funny?

That's proof that the current approach with China is working. They are adopting more Western values the more time they spend engaging with us.

China has a long way to go - there's no individual freedom under communist rule after all - but as your hero stated a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
This is a satirical joke though.....isn't it?

Why's that funny?

That's proof that the current approach with China is working. They are adopting more Western values the more time they spend engaging with us.

China has a long way to go - there's no individual freedom under communist rule after all - but as your hero stated a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

It's proof that you're clutching at (rather small) straws.

I've been impressed by the economic progress that China has made.Not by their lack of progress on the human rights front though.

Btw,Chairman Mao has never been a hero of mine-though I've always liked that quotation.

This is a satirical joke though.....isn't it?

No, why would it be?

I argued on the thread about the Chinese visit that forging closer ties was the way to bring about change in China. It'll be a by-product of globalisation. We don't just import their cheap textiles and electronics, we export our ideas and values.

Well here's proof that China is changing, that personal freedoms are being handed back by the state to the individual. Like you I wish it was quicker, but it's far quicker than we as a country developed and granted personal freedom.

No, why would it be?

I argued on the thread about the Chinese visit that forging closer ties was the way to bring about change in China. It'll be a by-product of globalisation. We don't just import their cheap textiles and electronics, we export our ideas and values.

Well here's proof that China is changing, that personal freedoms are being handed back by the state to the individual. Like you I wish it was quicker, but it's far quicker than we as a country developed and granted personal freedom.
Couple of days chillaxing with Dave leads to them changing their one child rule a week later sounds like something Stuart Lee would come up with.

Couple of days chillaxing with Dave leads to them changing their one child rule a week later sounds like something Stuart Lee would come up with.

The essence of the argument is of course by engaging that there is more chance of change and influencing positive outcomes with the chinese....why wouldn't you want that?

The essence of the argument is of course by engaging that there is more chance of change and influencing positive outcomes with the chinese....why wouldn't you want that?
Nothing against dialogue but claiming that a couple of days with our PM lead to China ending its one child policy is absurd. They are ending it because of issues with an ageing population.

Corbyn has been slated in the press and by a few on here for dialogue with unsavoury characters. I have no issue with Cameron doing the same but claiming that it instantly results in a change of social policy.....nah

Do even Tory voters not think that the media attacks on Corbyn are getting a bit ludicrous - like him apparently not bowing "enough" at the Cenotaph on Rememberance Sunday - the main attacker being The Sun, whom if you remember rightly, hacked into dead soldiers mobile phone records.

Utterly pathetic.

Do even Tory voters not think that the media attacks on Corbyn are getting a bit ludicrous - like him apparently not bowing "enough" at the Cenotaph on Rememberance Sunday - the main attacker being The Sun, whom if you remember rightly, hacked into dead soldiers mobile phone records.

Utterly pathetic.

Gah, thought this thread had been put to rest. 90 pages!

:thump::thump::thump:

(But yes, some of the coverage around Sunday was just absurd. They keep looking for reasons to play the man rather than the ball)

Utterly pathetic.

No, I agree, Corbyn showed great respect and stayed to the end which is more than can be said for the rest of them.

While we're on the subject. shouldn't the head of the British Armed Forces have kept his mouth shut about JC's refusal to pull the nuclear trigger at the weekend?

Personally,I expect the Army to do the fighting and the politicians to do the talking.

Thought that was the way it worked in a democracy.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject. shouldn't the head of the Btitish Armed Forces have kept his mouth shut about JC's refusal to pull the nuclear trigger at the weekend?

Personally,I expect the Army to do the fighting and the politicians to do the talking.

Indeed. Maybe he should be more concerned that the Tory Government is slashing military spending.

Utterly pathetic.

It is not even subtle attempts at un-bias reporting....I believe Corbyn went to another event in his borough in the afternoon talking with the vets whilst Cameron and his crew headed off to a VIP Party. Mainstream media is one of the biggest problems within this country. Creates hate and unrest...which is exactly what the powers that be want.

While we're on the subject. shouldn't the head of the Btitish Armed Forces have kept his mouth shut about JC's refusal to pull the nuclear trigger at the weekend?

Couldn't the same be said about Doctors/Nurses (not do the fighting, obviously)?

Having said that, I do agree with the general line that the media are playing the man rather than the ball a bit too much. One of the big problems with democracy. is it's nearly impossible to find out what's happening from an unbiased source. That's why I tend to read the news from several politically opposing sources. the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I saw JC at the cenotaph give a very small nod - I didn't need the media to tell me what I saw. I didn't see him going round te veterans after. Maybe the issue isn't the media but PR. Maybe if he had followed protocol as everyone else we wouldn't even be having this mundane discussion in the first place.

I saw JC at the cenotaph give a very small nod - I didn't need the media to tell me what I saw. I didn't see him going round te veterans after. Maybe the issue isn't the media but PR. Maybe if he had followed protocol as everyone else we wouldn't even be having this mundane discussion in the first place.

Maybe he doesn't care what The Sun and the such report him doing. He just does the right thing...without the need to feed the bias media with snippets of information. Those not So narrow minded research beyond mainstream media...others just accept what Rupert M, David C and all there pals want you to as fact.

Maybe he doesn't care what The Sun and the such report him doing. He just does the right thing...without the need to feed the bias media with snippets of information. Those not So narrow minded research beyond mainstream media...others just accept what Rupert M, David C and all there pals want you to as fact.

Maybe he should. Because like it or not, there are a great number of the electorate who read the "bias" (sic) media.

Couldn't the same be said about Doctors/Nurses (not do the fighting, obviously)?

Having said that, I do agree with the general line that the media are playing the man rather than the ball a bit too much. One of the big problems with democracy. is it's nearly impossible to find out what's happening from an unbiased source. That's why I tend to read the news from several politically opposing sources. the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Doctors and nurses is a bit different since it is mainly over pay and the intention to make them work more unfavourable hours which directly affects their lives. Whether Corbyn would be willing to launch nukes doesn't really have any impact on a soldier's life.

Back