• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Spend spend spend eh? Funny how the defecit has rocketed since 2010 but Tories still peddle the line about Labour spending.
780px-UK_National_Debt.svg.png

Just to fill in the picture, the figure was £107bn in 2014. Wonder how big it'll rise to in 2015?

I'm struggling with you filling in the picture with a figure of £107 bn, I do love a leftie fact so can you please explain what the 107 billion represents?....I assume it the level of increase which we are borrowing per annum?

Last edited:
See that's called cold hard facts.

Indeed however in your original post you claimed that spending had rocketed under the Tories, however this is far less than in the years of Labour, in 2002 the figure according to your chart is less than 40 per cent rising to just under 78 per cent in 2010 that's a 38 per cent increase compared to 12 per cent of increase under the Tories....that my friend is a cold hard fact.

Indeed however in your original post you claimed that spending had rocketed under the Tories, however this is far less than in the years of Labour, in 2002 the figure according to your chart is less than 40 per cent rising to just under 78 per cent in 2010 that's a 38 per cent increase compared to 12 per cent of increase under the Tories....that my friend is a cold hard fact.

I do love a right wing distortion of a fact to prove a lie.

The debt has risen to an eye watering level despite Tory claims that is has fallen. It hasn't. A 12% increase is just that...an increase.

Aren't the Tories claiming to cut the deficit which isn't the same as debt?

That 12 per cent figure which is a 1/3 of the Labour figure?????

Last edited:
You are now posting something from 2013?....are you sure you want to use that link?

Again are we talking about debt or deficit?
They consistently allude to the great works they are doing with the economy so surely if they are achieving so much we would see major improvements in debt and deficit?

They consistently allude to the great works they are doing with the economy so surely if they are achieving so much we would see major improvements in debt and deficit?

Well the fact they haven't sold our gold reserves, or left notes at the treasury saying that there's no money left would suggest a huge improvement wouldn't you agree?

Well the fact they haven't sold our gold reserves, or left notes at the treasury saying that there's no money left would suggest a huge improvement wouldn't you agree?
Not really. The note was a very poor joke by an individual who has rightly been made to feel like an idiot ever since. And the current lot have sold off anything they can at knock down prices. So not a great improvement really.

Are you joking? Boris is the Tory poster boy!
He is popular in London but apparently that doesn't travel so well to other parts of the country. Even within the party he is not that popular because he doesn't follow the party line enough. I think that the party machine are also aware that he doesn't work very hard - delegates to much and is more into media appearances than committee meetings.
More lively than your average politician but that seems to be his only real selling point

Not really. The note was a very poor joke by an individual who has rightly been made to feel like an idiot ever since. And the current lot have sold off anything they can at knock down prices. So not a great improvement really.

A joke would be an excellent way of summing up Labours time in charge of the economy.

A joke would be an excellent way of summing up Labours time in charge of the economy.
If it was a joke then you will presumably find a lot more amusement in Iceland, Ireland, Greece, Italy, Spain....it was a time where every country was amused to a large extent. The slowness of the recovery means the joke has worn a bit thin.

Back