• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

I've met Sadiq and seen him speak to an audience and he comes across well - confident in what he is saying and with a sense of humour. Few politicians are on TV regularly it's always the same faces so TV time is probably a bit unsettling. He will be on more often from now I should think and be able to be himself more. It's good that both parties have likeable candidates so you can vote for one rather than against the other. And I know there are other parties but in London it's a two horse race IMO

I'm sure "Georgeous" George will have something to say about that. :winking:

Btw,I agree with you that ZG is a "likeable" candidate.

He certainly has charisma too, which BJ and KL also had in spades.Not so sure SK does.

I'm sure "Georgeous" George will have something to say about that. :winking:

Btw,I agree with you that ZG is a "likeable" candidate.

He certainly has charisma too, which BJ and KL also had in spades.Not so sure SK does.
Nah, Sadiq is my home boy. Zac needs to come up with some housing policies as that is the biggest issue in London. George just wants attention, we are better of pretending he is not there.

Nah, Sadiq is my home boy. Zac needs to come up with some housing policies as that is the biggest issue in London. George just wants attention, we are better of pretending he is not there.

Spent some time in Tooting myself back in the day (at Rob's flat).

Agree that SK will win (easily IMO) but George is always good for laughs.Certainly has charisma.

George Galloway is a ****. His treatment of Naz Shah was disgraceful.

He's combative and often plays the man rather than the ball but I'd sooner listen to him debate than 99% of the dreary, grey suited non-entities that we get saddled with these days.

In my opinion George Galloway is the left wing equivalent of Nigel Farage. They’re both bullies who try to win arguments by not letting the other person/people speak, and they’re both verging on racist. The only difference as far as I can see is that behind it all GG actually seems to be quite intelligent whereas NF comes over as Tim nice but dim…without the nice.

I also find it interesting when people are praising Jeremy Corbyn for his more “sedate” approach to politics they are also saying that politics would be "a lot duller" without GG. To me that just shows a level of double standards, and frankly his is the kind of excitement I could do without.

In my opinion George Galloway is the left wing equivalent of Nigel Farage. They’re both bullies who try to win arguments by not letting the other person/people speak, and they’re both verging on racist. The only difference as far as I can see is that behind it all GG actually seems to be quite intelligent whereas NF comes over as Tim nice but dim…without the nice.

I also find it interesting when people are praising Jeremy Corbyn for his more “sedate” approach to politics they are also saying that politics would be "a lot duller" without GG. To me that just shows a level of double standards, and frankly his is the kind of excitement I could do without.

They're both genuine left-wingers with vastly different presentational styles.

Don't think I've ever praised JC for his "more sedate approach to politics." Personally I'm more interested in what he says and does than his style as such.Though the low key approach does make a welcome change.

Not so sure I'd describe NF as "dim" either.Dangerous would be my adjective of choice.

He's combative and often plays the man rather than the ball but I'd sooner listen to him debate than 99% of the dreary, grey suited non-entities that we get saddled with these days.

I vote for the bloke who punched him out on the street a while back - he gets my vote everytime and a f****** large drink.

I vote for the bloke who punched him out on the street a while back - he gets my vote everytime and a f****** large drink.

Fair enough, if you can find that guy in the mental hospital attached to the prison he's currently doing time in then you can give him your ****ing large drink. Beating up a 60+ year old man who you have never met just because you don't agree with his politics doesn't get you a drink in my book, it just makes you a cowardly ****.

Actually, he punched an openly anti semitic scumbag who doesn't consider that racist but would have no problem accusing you of being so if the boot was on the other foot.

Basically people can not go around punching others, if you do you are breaking the law. Got to admit there are people that need need a good slap but you must not. Bet their are some (could be many) who would love to slap me etc

Front of the Metro 'Cameron blast at Corbyn the Britain hater' which he based on the fact Corbyn wanted Bin Laden to face trial rather than just killed. Nice out of contexting Dave, I guess the aim to make politics about policy rather than personal attacks is going to be one side. Just carry on with your cheap words of an assault on poverty whilst selling off housing association properties, slashing tax credits and overseeing the massive increase in food banks. Still always best to get headlines attacking your opposite number and hope no one notices that the junior doctors are about to go on strike because you still don't understand how the NHS works.

I believe JC has now passed his "high water mark" and is now on a very slow way out. There are too many horror stories and silly past words from him for him to make any further progress. He has some good ideas and principles BUT too many that are unacceptable to too many people. And he isn't "in the club" so politicians of all parties and their press bully gang will be all over him at every turn.

I believe JC has now passed his "high water mark" and is now on a very slow way out. There are too many horror stories and silly past words from him for him to make any further progress. He has some good ideas and principles BUT too many that are unacceptable to too many people. And he isn't "in the club" so politicians of all parties and their press bully gang will be all over him at every turn.

Think you're going to have to wait until the Welsh/Scottish and local elections next May before any initial judgements of his impact can be made.

And that's the battle. We can just go quitely back from the dark corners we came from or we can stand in the light and correct the utter rubbish that is being banded.

It seems odd to me that a man who doesn't agree with nuclear weapons wouldn't press the button. Really. Is someone who WOULD press the button really a better man than someone who wouldn't. And let us not forget, Cameron wouldn't press the button either, despite any claims he would. That's because finally, and ultimately, its the President of the US who gets to make the call.

It seems odd to me that someone who has spoken with terrorists is being hammered. He was having the same conversations with the IRA as the Government of the day were. As a result we don't have an issue with the IRA. Know, maybe talking to people rather than bombing the crap out of them is more sensible.

And whilst we are at it, did not Cameron belong to a student organisation that wanted to hang Mandela as a terrorist?

There's plenty more....

It's quite easy to correct the lies, but the real discussions should be how families on low incomes are going to cope with the reduction of tax credits, why most job vacancies are part time, why public services are still be slashed (£63m off the police bill, so much for the party of law and order).

You are all being hoodwinked and being asked to spend your time thinking about what may or may have have happened in the past and the personal politics that go with it rather than thinking about the decisions that will effect you in a few months.

Back