• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Yes, like on benefits for the estimated 20,000 people who will lose their jobs if trident is scrapped. That's union figures by the way, not mine.

Of course people will lose jobs, but the money saved can be put to use to re-train and re-employ them and there should also be money left over than can be used for other worthy things e.g. nationalizing the REDCAR steel works, building new hospitals etc etc

Of course people will lose jobs, but the money saved can be put to use to re-train and re-employ them and there should also be money left over than can be used for other worthy things e.g. nationalizing the REDCAR steel works, building new hospitals etc etc

...like the government did(n't) when Coryton refinery closed in June 2012 with 1,000 jobs lost (mine included)? Yeah, right.

They could kit out the submarines and use them to pick up refugees and bring them to Europe.

Trouble with that is they are nuclear powered so good ol Jerry might have a problem with that. We could always reopen unproductive coal fields again I suppose. Maybe relaunch British Leyland.

...like the government did(n't) when Coryton refinery closed in June 2012 with 1,000 jobs lost (mine included)? Yeah, right.

Sorry you + the others lost their jobs. The Gov was the tory / lib dem + yes they treated you all badly, this blog is regarding JC labour views and if he becomes PM.

Sorry you + the others lost their jobs. The Gov was the tory / lib dem + yes they treated you all badly, this blog is regarding JC labour views and if he becomes PM.

I was lucky really, in that I had no mortgage/rent or family at home. So - if I went cold and hungry, at least I had somewhere to do it!

Classic anti Labour reporting in the Standard this evening - if Labour win the Mayoral election then they will have to fight a by-election ('the scorpion sting in the tail') as Sadiq Khan would leave his Tooting seat and 'the Labour leader's London headache will not go away'. What a ridiculous article.

And on the next page a full page header 'Corbyn would rather be in opposition than govern the country' - didn't even bother to read that *****. The printed press really can't be bother to pretend to have anything relevant to say, how sad.

Classic anti Labour reporting in the Standard this evening - if Labour win the Mayoral election then they will have to fight a by-election ('the scorpion sting in the tail') as Sadiq Khan would leave his Tooting seat and 'the Labour leader's London headache will not go away'. What a ridiculous article.

And on the next page a full page header 'Corbyn would rather be in opposition than govern the country' - didn't even bother to read that *****. The printed press really can't be bother to pretend to have anything relevant to say, how sad.

The left has The Guardian, The Independent and the Daily Mirror, plus the BBC and Channel 4, firmly in their pocket. There is no impartial press, but to suggest that they are all in Dave's pocket is bunkum.

Tooting is a given for Labour, it will be just a case of the majority that will be the talking point.

Tooting is a given for Labour, it will be just a case of the majority that will be the talking point.
3,000 majority so not massive. Just the notion that Jez would be worrying about a by-election if the current MP effectively won London for Labour is crazy levels of glass half empty and is frustrating that you have to read such crap to keep up to date on the news.

Jezza won't press the button,what an idiot !,he then quotes 9/11.

Jezza 9/11 was either terrorist or something even more sinister!

Putin is playing a blinder with the West,imagine if Ukraine had the bomb,would Putin have still invaded?

The shadow cabinet are in fighting to a comedy level.

Keep it up chaps,it's brilliant fun watching:hilarious:

Trouble with that is they are nuclear powered so good ol Jerry might have a problem with that. We could always reopen unproductive coal fields again I suppose. Maybe relaunch British Leyland.

Stop being facetious, There was nothing wrong Dead bodies not being buried and rubbish rotting in the streets. Keep that Red Flag flying high.

Stop being facetious, There was nothing wrong Dead bodies not being buried and rubbish rotting in the streets. Keep that Red Flag flying high.

Doesn't make you wonder why Scargill hasn't popped back up again. Would have thought he would be in his element what with this brave new dawn. At least I know why the BBC are bringing back Citizen Smith.

With that logic, Corbyn can't express his view on any event then because he isn't PM. Which therefore means he will never express his views - Genius !

I'm sure he'll be telling people in the SLP today that's he's anti-Trident.However he'll have a huge task to convert the PLP to his views.

Doesn't make you wonder why Scargill hasn't popped back up again. Would have thought he would be in his element what with this brave new dawn. At least I know why the BBC are bringing back Citizen Smith.

Actually he has.Apparently he said when JC won the leadership contest, that he wasn't left-wing enough.Good old Arthur.:smile:

Back