• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Smashing up restaraunts but getting away with it because daddy is rich is a bit worse don't you think?

Actually, no I don't. Your friends are people that you should have some commitment and loyalty to, I expect the same level of commitment and loyalty to me as I give to my friends. I'd say that should resonant across all classes.

What you talk about is just crass, not being disloyal.

Yeah, I do. He might find himself missing a few more friends now as a result, pretty much ostracised by anyone else around that group from that time. Of course, as a very rich man, that's probably not going to worry him too much. Personally, I reckon someone who can grass his own friends up so willingly, on something he also probably took part in, is about as low as you can get.

I agree that Ashcroft will cast a lonely figure among his political pals after this.

The PM has said that he is too busy to sue Ashcroft over the allegations in his book. I would rather he says he will delay suing him rather than not suing him at all. Someone has stated our PM ****ed a pig and if he didn't I would want the rest of the world to know that rather than them all think we have a pig ****er for a PM. Surely he should state he will sue in 2020 when he has more time on his hands and then bring that forward if he has time before then.

I would also hope that the police will be investigating some other claims right now as according to the book Cameron lied to Parliament.

I would also hope that the police will be investigating some other claims right now as according to the book Cameron lied to Parliament.

I believe parliamentary privilege allows them (MPs) to lie, defame. out and say anything with impunity. It would be different if he did untruths in an enquiry etc but not in the Palace of Westminster.

I watched the film 'The Riot Club' last night and I'd say that anyone who has seen it (based around a clique of Etonians at Oxford who bond through debauchery and buying their way out of any consequences) will wonder what else Mr Cameron was required to do to be part of the Bullingdon Club and it's offshoots.

I find it risible that you are using a work of fiction as a springboard for speculation about Cameron's activities. Let's imagine for one second that you are correct (it has to happen once), and Dave has bought his way out of trouble a few times. Is that because the wealthy aren't excused from such consequences by the bedwetters of the left who think the working classes have no mind of their own and can't be held accountable?

Your contempt for the Tory leader is based on your own class envy, and has nothing to do with his policies or his character. Cameron is far from a right-wing conservative - he is inhabiting the same Blairite middle ground as Labour did when they were still a viable proposition, but you cannot see beyond his schooling and his background.

I find it risible that you are using a work of fiction as a springboard for speculation about Cameron's activities. Let's imagine for one second that you are correct (it has to happen once), and Dave has bought his way out of trouble a few times. Is that because the wealthy aren't excused from such consequences by the bedwetters of the left who think the working classes have no mind of their own and can't be held accountable?

Your contempt for the Tory leader is based on your own class envy, and has nothing to do with his policies or his character. Cameron is far from a right-wing conservative - he is inhabiting the same Blairite middle ground as Labour did when they were still a viable proposition, but you cannot see beyond his schooling and his background.
I don't really know what the end of that first paragraph means.
I don't hold his schooling against him. If he chooses to perpetuate this connection but putting himself through initiation rituals in order to stay close to those people and distance himself from others at the university that is a different matter.

What irks me most about the pig ****ing allegation is the fact that he won't stand up to his accuser because he is 'too busy'. What kind of an example does that set? Maybe that is why he is proposing Assad is kept in power too, bit busy to do the job properly.

I agree that Ashcroft will cast a lonely figure among his political pals after this.

The PM has said that he is too busy to sue Ashcroft over the allegations in his book. I would rather he says he will delay suing him rather than not suing him at all. Someone has stated our PM ****ed a pig and if he didn't I would want the rest of the world to know that rather than them all think we have a pig ****er for a PM. Surely he should state he will sue in 2020 when he has more time on his hands and then bring that forward if he has time before then.

Pig ****er yet still more electable than Corbyn. More embarrassment to heap onto those crumbling arthritic shoulders. If he's dead in 2020, can he still be voted for? Genuine question.

Pig ****er yet still more electable than Corbyn. More embarrassment to heap onto those crumbling arthritic shoulders. If he's dead in 2020, can he still be voted for? Genuine question.

There hasn't been a Corbyn-Cameron election and won't be for some time so hold that thought.

Genuine question? Really? No, you can only stand for Parliament if you are alive. There are other criteria but that is probably the most important one so I'm glad I've been able to put you straight on that.

What irks me most about the pig ****ing allegation is the fact that he won't stand up to his accuser because he is 'too busy'. What kind of an example does that set? Maybe that is why he is proposing Assad is kept in power too, bit busy to do the job properly.
Why does he need to do anything at all? As a member of the public I wouldn't want him to waste time embroiled in some legal battle to clear his name over something that may or may not have happened 20+ years ago? From his point of view, the polls show him comfortably ahead post allegations so what is the point?I think you're becoming a bit obsessed to be honest and it's making you look a bit silly.

Yeah, I do. He might find himself missing a few more friends now as a result, pretty much ostracised by anyone else around that group from that time. Of course, as a very rich man, that's probably not going to worry him too much. Personally, I reckon someone who can grass his own friends up so willingly, on something he also probably took part in, is about as low as you can get.

Agreed, but I doubt he's embarrassed by it, otherwise he wouldn't have done it. I doubt he's a very nice person, and probably doesn't give two hoots what anyone else thinks.

Actually, no I don't. Your friends are people that you should have some commitment and loyalty to, I expect the same level of commitment and loyalty to me as I give to my friends. I'd say that should resonant across all classes.

What you talk about is just crass, not being disloyal.

I disagree, to an extent. I agree that loyalty to friends is a good thing, but not when it comes to breaking the law. If a friend was suspected of a crime, and you had evidence that they had done it, not only are you legally required to volunteer the information, I would argue you are morally obliged to do so.

Has DC broken any laws? Probably not, but a) lying to the public about when he knew of Lord Ashcrofts tax status, and also offering him a senior position in government in exchange for case is pretty low indeed.

To me it's also ironic that the person shopping DC is the guy he was making promises to, and lying about. It doesn't really say much for DC's integrity, or even his loyalty to his friends.

Why does he need to do anything at all? As a member of the public I wouldn't want him to waste time embroiled in some legal battle to clear his name over something that may or may not have happened 20+ years ago? From his point of view, the polls show him comfortably ahead post allegations so what is the point?I think you're becoming a bit obsessed to be honest and it's making you look a bit silly.
Not an obsession just still very surprised at the news and the source of the news. What was your reaction when you read it?

What was that you said about character assassinations being the media's way of "boring people out of politics"? Oh, now it works in your favour it's no longer valid? Showing us all the hypocrite we all know you to be.....

Won't really make a blind bit of difference to anything as JC still has a very long way to go to win over the 83% of people who can't see him making PM.
This was your reaction. To talk about someone else. Head in the sand.

Hardly a "work of fiction".It is in fact an unauthorised biography.

Not often you'll find me sticking up for Bliar but the idea that he and Cameron share the same political ideology is just laughable.

Hardly a "work of fiction".It is in fact an unauthorised biography.

Not often you'll find me sticking up for Bliar but the idea that he and Cameron share the same political ideology is just laughable.

No, it is a work of fiction, as confirmed by Laura Wade, who wrote the original play: Link

Now tell me the fundamental ideological differences between Blair and Cameron, as you see them.

I disagree, to an extent. I agree that loyalty to friends is a good thing, but not when it comes to breaking the law. If a friend was suspected of a crime, and you had evidence that they had done it, not only are you legally required to volunteer the information, I would argue you are morally obliged to do so.

Has DC broken any laws? Probably not, but a) lying to the public about when he knew of Lord Ashcrofts tax status, and also offering him a senior position in government in exchange for case is pretty low indeed.

To me it's also ironic that the person shopping DC is the guy he was making promises to, and lying about. It doesn't really say much for DC's integrity, or even his loyalty to his friends.

Except he didn't offer him a senior position in government, hence the reason for Ashcroft's strop.

No, it is a work of fiction, as confirmed by Laura Wade, who wrote the original play: Link

Now tell me the fundamental ideological differences between Blair and Cameron, as you see them.

Since this is a thread about the new leader of the Labour party, I'd sooner talk about Jeremy Corbyn's wonderful speech at Conference today.

"Britain can and must change."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-34385586

(But thanks for the invite to stroll down memory lane).

ps.Thought you were talking about "Call me Dave."

Last edited:
Since this is a thread about the new leader of the Labour party, I'd sooner talk about Jeremy Corbyn's wonderful speech at Conference today.

"Britain can and must change."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-34385586

(But thanks for the invite to stroll down memory lane).

ps.Thought you were talking about "Call me Dave."

So you won't acknowledge that you're wrong on the first point, or elaborate on the second? I'm too pleased with three wins on the bounce to really give you the shoeing you deserve.

Back