• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Since this is a thread about the new leader of the Labour party, I'd sooner talk about Jeremy Corbyn's wonderful speech at Conference today.

"Britain can and must change."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-34385586

(But thanks for the invite to stroll down memory lane).

ps.Thought you were talking about "Call me Dave."

You mean the one he copied and pasted from an old discarded speech originally intended for Miliband?

So you won't acknowledge that you're wrong on the first point, or elaborate on the second? I'm too pleased with three wins on the bounce to really give you the shoeing you deserve.

Apart from the lack of the word sorry, my answer to your first point sounds pretty much like an apology to me.Learn to read between the lines.It's a useful skill.

Apart from the lack of the word sorry, my answer to your first point sounds pretty much like an apology to me.Learn to read between the lines.It's a useful skill.

Not that this is relevant, but one thing I teach my children is that an apology is only an apology if it is clearly understood to be so by the person that was wronged.

If you're going to apologise surely it's up to you to make sure it is clear and unambiguous?

Every newspaper in the country and every talk radio station has carried the story. Is that enough proof?

Certainly "proof" that the media is biased against Corbyn.

Btw,I haven't seen the "story" in The Guardian.Apart from this reference:-

"He explained that the speech was more than 5,000 words long and 350 words were provided by a friend. “I like the way he put them forward. I like the words he used so I used them in my speech. What’s so bad about that?

www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/30/corbyn-i-would-never-use-nuclear-weapons-if-i-was-pm

"He explained that the speech was more than 5,000 words long and 350 words were provided by a friend. “I like the way he put them forward. I like the words he used so I used them in my speech. What’s so bad about that?

He explained that the speech was more than 5,000 words long and 350 words were provided by a friend. “I like the way he put them forward. I like the words he used so I used them in my speech. What’s so bad about that?www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/30/corbyn-i-would-never-use-nuclear-weapons-if-i-was-pm

Indeed, non story with the right wing media out to bash JC whenever they can. Sad, but but I guess they're running a bit scared.

Indeed, non story with the right wing media out to bash JC whenever they can. Sad, but but I guess they're running a bit scared.

Running scared. Hmm, not quite how I would describe it. Strangely silent on the breaking news that Putin is sending troops to Syria, I wonder if he would be so silent if it was the yanks doing the same. Russian troops drawing desert kit as we speak and nothing from the man who would rather jaw jaw.

Totally with you on this, thought the speech was brilliant, and its a form of flattery that people still talk about him, I think " "Call me Dave " is worried and may have underestimated the young people of the day in their views

I had the bad years of how Thatcher undermined the people and her cabinet,and maybe DC is facing the same with the common person, will he serve full term ,he said No, and maybe this is a early way out if things get worse for many struggling people in the UK

UTS

www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/30/corbyn-i-would-never-use-nuclear-weapons-if-i-was-pm

Read your mandatory Guardian link, try telling the people of The Ukraine that the cold war is over?
Not that it matters - he will never ever be PM and everyone including probably Corbyn himself knows this.

Read your mandatory Guardian link, try telling the people of The Ukraine that the cold war is over?
Not that it matters - he will never ever be PM and everyone including probably Corbyn himself knows this.

I thought nukes were to defend us from countries like China.....? Who Osborne is getting to bid for work to build new nuclear power stations. Eh? What is is Tories, are China our friends or should we turn 2bn people into ash? What is it 'cos I'm confused who we're at war with now.

Running scared. Hmm, not quite how I would describe it. Strangely silent on the breaking news that Putin is sending troops to Syria, I wonder if he would be so silent if it was the yanks doing the same. Russian troops drawing desert kit as we speak and nothing from the man who would rather jaw jaw.

Probably because Putin's motivation for this is to rid Syria of ISIS so that Assad can continue in power. Leaving aside why anyone would be happy with Assad staying is power, this is just my guess why JC hasn't said a whole lot.

I thought nukes were to defend us from countries like China.....? Who Osborne is getting to bid for work to build new nuclear power stations. Eh? What is is Tories, are China our friends or should we turn 2bn people into ash? What is it 'cos I'm confused who we're at war with now.

Yeah, the above makes an awful lot of sense? Actually I think I'm really going to enjoy the next few months seeing a lot of Labour MP's squirm under questioning from those nasty right wing journalists. Make your mind up time me thinks, ban the bomb or not?

Yeah, the above makes an awful lot of sense? Actually I think I'm really going to enjoy the next few months seeing a lot of Labour MP's squirm under questioning from those nasty right wing journalists. Make your mind up time me thinks, ban the bomb or not?

Of course. £100bn can be spent better elsewhere.

Corbyn isn't PM yet.It's DC's call (Geddit)?.:smiles:

Back