• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Thanks for the Kinnock figures. How much has Nigel Farage benefitted from the same institution - just for balance. And his wife - how much has she benefitted. Though of course she wasn't voted for by anyone, just a convenient way to have an extra 'nose in the trough'. Nigel 'if you can't beat em join em' Farage - maybe a good comparison would be his 'expenses to the max' attitude to being an MEP compared to Corbyn's virtually zero expenses claimed attitude to being an MP.

Unlike you to avoid the main point with left wing waffle. At least Farage is doing his best to vote himself out of a job.

Must go.... I'm off to Millwall.

Unlike you to avoid the main point with left wing waffle. At least Farage is doing his best to vote himself out of a job.

You made so many I decided to pick one. Your poster boy not so great when it comes to the value for money stakes. I'd say he has being trying to do himself out of a job by achieving **** all since he got it.

Print off your message and we can go through each of your points at half time if you like.

Sure, but if UKIP didn't exist the Tory majority would have been higher in those same seats. UKIP had a bigger effect on the Tory vote. Labour needs to engage people that feel disenfranchised - and early signs are that is what will happen. Any drift to UKIP was not the defining factor for anyone except Carswell.

Lets if we can find some common agreement;

In 9 seats the Tories gained from Labour, the pattern was repeated to the Labour vote as in those retained by the Conservatives ie Ukip in terms of vote share held the balance.

Whilst I don't disagree that Labour needs to appeal to the disenfranchised, will this not extend UKIP support?

Barna has repeatedly dismissed UKIP on here which is fine....but hypocritical if he believes non labour supporters cant do the same.

You: Rather like Essex man, our friends north of the border have been ignored by the Labour London elite for years which is why they have ended your existence in Scotland.

Me: Essex man has been more Tory than Labour for a long time, I'd say it's more about a mindset rather than being ignored. Scotland I agree that Scottish Labour were on cruise control and the central party took those votes for granted. That will change. The two regions are politically nothing like each other though.

You; The best and most economical option to improve housing, jobs, pay and the elephant in the room, conveniently ignored by the left, immigration. Is of course leave the EU.

Me: leaving EU is not ignored by the left, in fact Corbyn would be more likely to advocate leaving than Cameron. Having all the mainland Europeans leave would free up housing and leave us with a load of unfilled jobs in the short term yes. But capitalism isn't built on ring fencing it's built on expansion. The failure has been in building housing and distribution of the wealth that EU immigration has created.

You: Don't bother with the political myth that it would cost 5 million Jobs, which is nearly one in five. In fact anyone can do their own figures today. Go through your phone and work out how many people you know who would loos their job.

Me: I can't qualify that figure but I think you have your head in the sand if you think that every EU company that trades with the UK will continue to do so if there are paperwork, tax, customs, employment laws, safety laws, etc etc that have to be considered. Companies will avoid red tape if they can and if that means buying in Germany rather than UK then lots will take that option. It will impact on trade, I don't know why anyone would deny that.

You: Unless you have Neil Kinnock and his wife who have fleeced us for £10 million in the last 20 years you won't find any.
Even human rights lawyers like Cherie Blair will soon find someone else to waste our money on other than Abdul Hamza.

Me: Thanks for the Kinnock figures. Are they made up or based on something real? How much has Nigel Farage benefitted from the same institution - just for balance. And his wife - how much has she benefitted. Though of course she wasn't voted for by anyone, just a convenient way to have an extra 'nose in the trough'.

Nigel 'if you can't beat em join em' Farage - maybe a good comparison would be his 'expenses to the max' attitude to being an MEP compared to Corbyn's virtually zero expenses claimed attitude to being an MP.

This last one is actually relating to Corbyn, hence the reason why I picked up on that.

In terms of expenses claimed Farage is a rogue and Corbyn is a saint. They are the two party leaders so a more valid comparison

I don't know why you ever accuse me of not answering you - I spend more time replying to you than I do replying to my wife. I hope you appreciate the time I have spent on this as it's time I could have spent staring out of a train window, reading a book or sexting one of my girlfriends.

In 9 seats the Tories gained from Labour, the pattern was repeated to the Labour vote as in those retained by the Conservatives ie Ukip in terms of vote share held the balance.

Whilst I don't disagree that Labour needs to appeal to the disenfranchised, will this not extend UKIP support?

Barna has repeatedly dismissed UKIP on here which is fine....but hypocritical if he believes non labour supporters cant do the same.
But without UKIP those voters would have voted Tory or Labour or another so unlikely we would have won those seats.

The seat I worked on in Croydon Labour could have won with just some of the Green votes - that was more gutting.

I see that Liz has got her retaliation in > [video=youtube;EZU1wrZbynY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZU1wrZbynY&feature=share[/video]

I'm quite happy for you to dismiss UKIP too. :smiles:

IIRC a lot of people left the Labour party under Blair because it wasn't left wing enough. (I may be wrong, but it's just as likely as people leaving now because Labour is too left wing.) In which case, these original people may well come back.

For clarity, I couldn't care less because at the moment I can't see me voting Labour until Corbyn goes. I'm just pointing out that your argument is through blue (or should that be purple) tinted spectacles.

The shame for me is that I won't vote lib dem because they're just a bunch of idiots, and I will never vote tory. It seems I won't be voting from now on.

You could join with me and vote for `none of these thank you` :sad:

Except those aren't the words they're mouthing - it's clearly the National Anthem which is why Camilla is singing but Charlie boy isn't either! :raspberry:

Out of interest why wouldn't Charles sing the national anthem? I noticed that both William and Harry did at the RWC Opening ceremony, and I'm pretty sure they didn't sing "God save our Grand Mother"!

please could you you explain to me why re-nationalising the railways would be a good idea?

Um....it's popular and will cost relatively little if it's done "line by line" ie when the current franchises run down.

Can you name me one other advanced nation in Europe which has a privatised railway system?

please could you you explain to me why re-nationalising the railways would be a good idea?

Tricky question Neil. It could be argued that the train services in this country were privatised to satisfy an ideology. Maybe true, maybe not, but as a predominantly capitalist country privatisation does have far more attraction to shareholders than to successive governments, spending tax payers hard earnt on them. The real trouble, it seems to me, was how we went about dividing up the responsibilities between State and Private train providers.

I must admit that I know relatively little about the running of train services but I am mature enough to have used train services nationwide in my job both pre and post privatisation. Based on those experiences I really haven't seen huge improvements in the overall service delivery. I have seen a vast improvement in the marketing of trains and maybe in the choice of ticket prices (Virgin are a good example), but in terms or reliability and comfort, not a lot of difference.

I came across the following article a while back and it gave me food for thought on re-nationalisation, both from a State v Private enterprise balance and from my own viewpoint. I still don't have a solid view on whether what we have now is good or bad, but having seen such schemes as PFI, Market Testing and arbitrary privatisation not giving the tax payer a particularly good deal, then maybe there is a case for looking again at re-nationalisation. Obviously, for it to work you need high quality people running the whole thing and obtaining that sort of quality in the public sector would not be easy.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/opi...get-the-railways-back-on-track-11363978428953

Back