• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

What was that you said about character assassinations being the media's way of "boring people out of politics"? Oh, now it works in your favour it's no longer valid? Showing us all the hypocrite we all know you to be.....

Won't really make a blind bit of difference to anything as JC still has a very long way to go to win over the 83% of people who can't see him making PM.

What was that you said about character assassinations being the media's way of "boring people out of politics"? Oh, now it works in your favour it's no longer valid? Showing us all the hypocrite we all know you to be.....

Won't really make a blind bit of difference to anything as JC still has a very long way to go to win over the 83% of people who can't see him making PM.
Who are you talking to?
No one has condoned this, just been posted up and discussed if it's spoof or not. It's not. I'm pretty amazed you can take all this in and your only thought is to make up figures on Corbyn's electability. Oddball.

Who are you talking to?
No one has condoned this, just been posted up and discussed if it's spoof or not. It's not. I'm pretty amazed you can take all this in and your only thought is to make up figures on Corbyn's electability. Oddball.

Chump. Where have I made up figures? Oh you mean the screen shot I posted from a newspaper that took the figures from a YouGov poll? That one?

my point was that even if it is true (and it is on the daily mail OS so your research methods clearly need some fine tuning), it won't make much difference to the voting public at large.

Chump. Where have I made up figures? Oh you mean the screen shot I posted from a newspaper that took the figures from a YouGov poll? That one?

my point was that even if it is true (and it is on the daily mail OS so your research methods clearly need some fine tuning), it won't make much difference to the voting public at large.

Your 83% that you just trotted out. Tiny poll a week after he became leader - that's like checking the league tables after one game.
An allegation that the PM has committed necrophillia and beastiality is scandalous but the fact that it's one of numerous aligations made by the Tories' major donator and made in a right wing newspaper makes it interesting on many levels to many people even if it is not of interest to you.

Who are you talking to?

I'm condoning it. If the elected leader of my country has a history of sticking his chap into dead farmyard animals then that's a very clear red line for me. It's just offal behaviour and a complete snoutrage.

I'm condoning it. If the elected leader of my country has a history of sticking his chap into dead farmyard animals then that's a very clear red line for me. It's just offal behaviour and a complete snoutrage.

I think you'll find dead animals don't bleed that much:omg:

Your 83% that you just trotted out. Tiny poll a week after he became leader - that's like checking the league tables after one game.
An allegation that the PM has committed necrophillia and beastiality is scandalous but the fact that it's one of numerous aligations made by the Tories' major donator and made in a right wing newspaper makes it interesting on many levels to many people even if it is not of interest to you.

Word it to suit yourself as usual. Never mind that the allegations were made following a major fall out. They probably are true, but if you think people are going to be flocking to JC, you are mistaken. We've all done stupid things when drunk/high. As long as it wasn't during his time as PM, then I can't see most people caring.

so they weren't "made up" figures then? Figures from a poll you don't want to listen to because they don't suit the colours on your mast. I agree it's an early poll, but it's still taken from some kind of demographic, not "made up".

Word it to suit yourself as usual. Never mind that the allegations were made following a major fall out. They probably are true, but if you think people are going to be flocking to JC, you are mistaken. We've all done stupid things when drunk/high. As long as it wasn't during his time as PM, then I can't see most people caring.

so they weren't "made up" figures then? Figures from a poll you don't want to listen to because they don't suit the colours on your mast. I agree it's an early poll, but it's still taken from some kind of demographic, not "made up".

Really?

If it's true and that becomes verified, then his career as a politician will be over. He'll have no international credibility and he'll be a laughing stock.

Lord Ashcroft might be a bitter grump, but he's not an idiot.

Of course I will word things to back up my argument not yours - that's because I see things in a certain way and those are the thoughts I'll share.

I apologise for saying your figure was made up, it wasn't made up it was just from a tiny poll of people and way too soon to have any value.

In my defence I had just seen the front page of right wing newspaper that slated the Tory PM to such an extent that my first reaction was it must be a spoof and I then got distracted by a Twitter meltdown as people were falling over themselves to comment and pun.

I guess I was just surprised that someone's reaction to claims that Cameron had taken drugs, had sex with a dead pig, was disliked by his closest allies was to repost a poll asking if people would vote Corbyn.

I apologise - your strange distraction tactics distracted me.

You: Rather like Essex man, our friends north of the border have been ignored by the Labour London elite for years which is why they have ended your existence in Scotland.

Me: Essex man has been more Tory than Labour for a long time, I'd say it's more about a mindset rather than being ignored. Scotland I agree that Scottish Labour were on cruise control and the central party took those votes for granted. That will change. The two regions are politically nothing like each other though.

You; The best and most economical option to improve housing, jobs, pay and the elephant in the room, conveniently ignored by the left, immigration. Is of course leave the EU.

Me: leaving EU is not ignored by the left, in fact Corbyn would be more likely to advocate leaving than Cameron. Having all the mainland Europeans leave would free up housing and leave us with a load of unfilled jobs in the short term yes. But capitalism isn't built on ring fencing it's built on expansion. The failure has been in building housing and distribution of the wealth that EU immigration has created.

You: Don't bother with the political myth that it would cost 5 million Jobs, which is nearly one in five. In fact anyone can do their own figures today. Go through your phone and work out how many people you know who would loos their job.

Me: I can't qualify that figure but I think you have your head in the sand if you think that every EU company that trades with the UK will continue to do so if there are paperwork, tax, customs, employment laws, safety laws, etc etc that have to be considered. Companies will avoid red tape if they can and if that means buying in Germany rather than UK then lots will take that option. It will impact on trade, I don't know why anyone would deny that.

You: Unless you have Neil Kinnock and his wife who have fleeced us for £10 million in the last 20 years you won't find any.
Even human rights lawyers like Cherie Blair will soon find someone else to waste our money on other than Abdul Hamza.

Me: Thanks for the Kinnock figures. Are they made up or based on something real? How much has Nigel Farage benefitted from the same institution - just for balance. And his wife - how much has she benefitted. Though of course she wasn't voted for by anyone, just a convenient way to have an extra 'nose in the trough'.

Nigel 'if you can't beat em join em' Farage - maybe a good comparison would be his 'expenses to the max' attitude to being an MEP compared to Corbyn's virtually zero expenses claimed attitude to being an MP.

This last one is actually relating to Corbyn, hence the reason why I picked up on that.

In terms of expenses claimed Farage is a rogue and Corbyn is a saint. They are the two party leaders so a more valid comparison

I don't know why you ever accuse me of not answering you - I spend more time replying to you than I do replying to my wife. I hope you appreciate the time I have spent on this as it's time I could have spent staring out of a train window, reading a book or sexting one of my girlfriends.

You keep repeating the EU trade myth. Remember people saying that planes would fall from the sky when the clocks went to the year 2000. I remember a guy I know insisting he would close his factory in Rayleigh if he was forced to pay minimum wage.. The factory is still there, his workers are better off and he is still loaded.

look around the room when you read this. Good chance that everything you see will have been imported from all around the world. The cloths your in will have come from the far east or Turkey. We built an empire on trade so I we have had hundreds of years to hone our red tape and form filling skills. What country would not trade with Britain, one of the biggest economy's in the world.

The EU slap a tax on anything imported from Africa or South America. We could easily set up a better agreement and have cheaper food in our supermarkets. In the long run we could actually re-create the some of the jobs lost to slave conditions in the far east, by having stricter rules on goods we import. Tesco's couldn't bully our Dairy farmers or Essex Strawberry farmers if they couldn't buy unfairly produced food from Europe.

Who was you sexting... not Diane Abbott by any chance ?

You keep repeating the EU trade myth. Remember people saying that planes would fall from the sky when the clocks went to the year 2000. I remember a guy I know insisting he would close his factory in Rayleigh if he was forced to pay minimum wage.. The factory is still there, his workers are better off and he is still loaded.

look around the room when you read this. Good chance that everything you see will have been imported from all around the world. The cloths your in will have come from the far east or Turkey. We built an empire on trade so I we have had hundreds of years to hone our red tape and form filling skills. What country would not trade with Britain, one of the biggest economy's in the world.

The EU slap a tax on anything imported from Africa or South America. We could easily set up a better agreement and have cheaper food in our supermarkets. In the long run we could actually re-create the some of the jobs lost to slave conditions in the far east, by having stricter rules on goods we import. Tesco's couldn't bully our Dairy farmers or Essex Strawberry farmers if they couldn't buy unfairly produced food from Europe.

Who was you sexting... not Diane Abbott by any chance ?
I don't keep repeating EU trade myths - you asked me a question on it, complained I hadn't answered and are now complaining that I've answered!
I think leaving the EU will impact on trade, you don't.

No, never dated Ms Abbott, I find her annoying.

There's not one person on this planet that isn't a hyprcrit. That said, a story like this on the front page of an extremely right wing paper is a bit different than the same right wing paper attacking a left wing politician, or the vice versa.

However, we do have to remember this is the Daily Fail, so it might well be complete rubbish.

Not north of watford....

They were national figures.

(edit) Actually,Labour increased their vote share by 3.6% at the G/E.

"Why did Labour increase its vote share in England by 3.6 per cent and see a net gain of 15 seats, while the Conservatives increased their vote share in England by 1.4 per cent yet gained 21?"
http://www.ippr.org/juncture/learning-the-right-lessons-from-labours-2015-defeat

"Contrary to what UKIP would like us to believe, they did not win the hearts of Labour voters in the North of England. Of the people who voted UKIP in 2015, most of them were ex-Tory voters (43%). Followed by people who also voted UKIP last time (19%), then ex-Lib Dems (18%). Only 14% of this years UKIP voters supported Labour at the 2o10 election".

https://medium.com/@alex_randall/th...es-from-who-in-the-2015-election-51714d9ea3a1

(PS I'm indebted to Pubey for these excellent links,earlier in the thread).

I don't keep repeating EU trade myths - you asked me a question on it, complained I hadn't answered and are now complaining that I've answered!
I think leaving the EU will impact on trade, you don't.

No, never dated Ms Abbott, I find her annoying.

It will have a negative impact for certain trade, no impact on some and open up new opportunities for others.

EU supporters only ever point out the negatives on trade.

Really?

If it's true and that becomes verified, then his career as a politician will be over. He'll have no international credibility and he'll be a laughing stock.

Lord Ashcroft might be a bitter grump, but he's not an idiot.

Yes he is!

I can't wait for PMQs this week. I'm expecting the whole Labour backbench to make farm noises the whole time.

Oink Oink!

Yes he is!

I can't wait for PMQs this week. I'm expecting the whole Labour backbench to make farm noises the whole time.

Oink Oink!

Actually I'd like them to put the PM on the spot for things that actually matter and act like adults rather than drunken students on a ****ing rag week. :nope:

Actually I'd like them to put the PM on the spot for things that actually matter and act like adults rather than drunken students on a ****ing rag week. :nope:

Nah. They can do both. They can ask the questions, but there's nothing wrong with a bit (lot) of heckling!

We can say its gutter press etc but the fact it has come from Ashcroft paints it in a different light.
And if you worked with someone and they were accused of drug taking and annoying their mates you'd maybe shrug it off. If they were accused of having sex with a pig they'd never live it down. Just a crazy story.

Back