• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Franco was a horrible, horrible **** though.

By todays standards yes. By 1930's dictator standards no. Even Tangled admits (begrudgingly) his beloved Stalin was far worse.

Just as many, if not more, atrocities would have been committed under the Red flag if the Bolsheviks had won the civil war. Times were different and there never has been such a thing as a Marxist, politically correct utopia. Look at any of the regimes we have witnessed in Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa or Cuba.

Having said that we will all see whether such a system can really work when JC wins the next election:winking:

Have you got a source regarding his refusal to join the shadow cabinet?

I know he decided not to run in the leadership race, and I think that was a sensible decision. As was aligning himself as team-Burnham

Only that he is mentioned along with a host of others in various newspaper articles.

I thought he was ok at PMT today; however the H of P still seems full of braying idiots.

I quite liked the idea of asking questions on behalf of the public and not looking for the confrontation of previous PMQTs. I fear it will not last.

And you should take a look at 40s history. She served in uniform as a mechanic and could strip down an entire engine and put it back together again. Her mother would regularly visit bomb sites which did no end of good for moral and her father would practice shooting a revolver in the grounds of Buckingham Palace in case of invasion. And, I might point out, the royalty stayed in London during the duration of the war ,unlike the gutless De Gualle or the Dutch royalty.

Even when they were urged to relocate to Canada. Don't waste finger sweat on this prat Alan.

FFS Please can you give the Anecdotal evidence a rest, There is nothing substantive in it and, tbh, it just looks like loads of made up stuff to support an ill informed statement.

If you choose to believe it's bull then that is your choice,ask yourself one question which is,I have zero gain to tell the tale.

Maybe you think in this country that sort of story is fake,which makes people like you far more dangerous simply because in your world it doesn't exist that people can obtain so much without working for it.

Well maybe but a couple of months ago he was being touted as the next leader and it's been said he is the one Labour MP the tories fear. Can't do much on the back benches can he?

He can be a good constituency MP and do his job representing his constituents in Westminster, that's what he gets paid for. As for him being touted as the next leader, for family reasons he decided against it for the moment. His time will come, just not right now.

Well maybe but a couple of months ago he was being touted as the next leader and it's been said he is the one Labour MP the tories fear. Can't do much on the back benches can he?

He can stay out of the firing line and continue to learn and develop as a politician.

If you choose to believe it's bull then that is your choice,ask yourself one question which is,I have zero gain to tell the tale.

Maybe you think in this country that sort of story is fake,which makes people like you far more dangerous simply because in your world it doesn't exist that people can obtain so much without working for it.

People lie on the internet everyday despite having 'nothing to gain', which is why anecdotes on the internet should never be taken at face value.

People lie on the internet everyday despite having 'nothing to gain', which is why anecdotes on the internet should never be taken at face value.

Oh, I've seem some whoppers that has the only value of increasing xenophobia and racial hatred. Plenty to gain by "Britain First" and other far right groups who can claim the gullable masses as their own.

Oh, I've seem some whoppers that has the only value of increasing xenophobia and racial hatred. Plenty to gain by "Britain First" and other far right groups who can claim the gullable masses as their own.

However,

My story concerns an English white woman whose only aim is to blag off the state.

I could of said it was a foreigner but that would have been lying.

I don't doubt that people lie on the internet each day....however there were 66,580 large families claiming benefits back in 2013....this according to government figures.

Having worked professionally for years with troubled families I can confirm that there certainly was a mindset amongst many that more children = more benefits.

I don't doubt that people lie on the internet each day....however there were 66,580 large families claiming benefits back in 2013....this according to government figures.

Having worked professionally for years with troubled families I can confirm that there certainly was a mindset amongst many that more children = more benefits.

You will have some on here spitting feathers,I mean honestly people milking the system:hilarious:

Right Winger, Fascist, Subversive - probably a Sun reader as well.
Just thought I'd get in first:winking:

Absolutely true, but only half the picture maybe? Certainly, not all of those were long term unemployed, or in a lot of cases, not even unemployed at all, but in receipt of benefits. I don't disagree with your statement that some do have the mind-set of more kids = benefits, it goes with the compensation culture and insurance scamming that goes on these days.

He can stay out of the firing line and continue to learn and develop as a politician.

And a good one he already is. The original point was whether he had effectively ruled himself out of staying in the shadow cabinet under Corbyn and according to various newspaper articles, the answer is yes.

Back