• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Interesting that your a political history denier. I'm not claiming Baldwin and Chamberlain could care less about my great grandfather, who was killed in an accident in the London docks. Its just at the time in order to win power they had to improve the lives of the starving working classes. Something Churchill overlooked at the end of the war. Labours 1945 victory shocked the world. The people weren't so easily fooled back then, they would have never listened to Murdoch. After six years of war they wanted something for them. The NHS and the Welfare State were fantastic ideas for their time.

I assumed you meant your UIL was in Spain in the 1930's. How come he was a Bevan boy?

Are you not still benefitting from Franco. I mean what if Spain had become another puppet state of the USSR, like say East Germany.

Though I generally agreee with your comments about Labour's post '45 election victory,I get the impression that you didn't do too well in your GCE/CSE History "O" level exams.

(I got a Grade A in Social and Economic History and a Grade B in History,btw).

Not sure why my UIL went down the mines.Probably saw enough killing in Spain.(He died in a motercycle accident in the early 60's -some time before the use of crash helmets was compulsory).

I'm willing to conceed that Franco was more intelligent than he's usually given credit for.Not much else.Spain didn't benefit from Marshall aid, for example,as so much of Europe did, (not GB), precisely because under Franco, Spain was a right wing dictatorship and as such anathema to the Americans,though they established some air-bases here,which incidentally they still control today.Check out Peter Preston's excellent biography of him,btw.

Though I generally agreee with your comments about Labour's post '45 election victory,I get the impression that you didn't do too well in your GCE/CSE History "O" level exams.

Not sure why my UIL went down the mines.Probably saw enough killing in Spain.(He died in a motercycle accident in the early 60's -some time before the use of crash helmets was compulsory).

I'm willing to conceed that Franco was more intelligent than he's usually given credit for.Not much else.Spain didn't benefit from Marshall aid, for example,as so much of Europe did, (not GB), precisely because under Franco, Spain was a right wing dictatorship and as such anathema to the Americans,though they established some air-bases here,which incidentally they still control today.Check out Peter Preston's excellent biography of him,btw.

you really are the worst.

I'm a great believer that history always repeats itself. As a young man your UIL goes of to Spain for his 'Jihad' but refuses to fight for the country he was born in. Now were in the world is that happening at the moment.

Of course, as an athesitic republican, why would he sing "God Save The Queen". He believes in neither.

But if he had sung, then the Mail and Sun and the rest of the scum would have branded him a hyprocrite.

So hey, Jezza, stick to your beliefs, don't pander to Murdoch and co....

And its indicative of the British "press", that this is headline news whereas the descruction of many family budget by the needless and ill thought out reduction in tax credit hardly gets a mention. And for many of you, that will have a direct impact on you or your kids rather than whether someone sang a song or not.

Get a grip, the ****ing lot of you.

I know several people who had a whale of a time under the Labour benefit system,receiving more than working people cannot never be right,having children whilst claiming is another bad thing,yet under Labour this and long term sickness reached epic proportions.

Labour are just spend spend spend.

I know several people who had a whale of a time under the Labour benefit system,receiving more than working people cannot never be right,having children whilst claiming is another bad thing,yet under Labour this and long term sickness reached epic proportions.

Labour are just spend spend spend.

I presume you're not talking about completing the application for child benefit whilst in a maternity ward. Other than that, are you saying that child benefit is a bad thing for everyone, or only for the unemployed?

I presume you're not talking about completing the application for child benefit whilst in a maternity ward. Other than that, are you saying that child benefit is a bad thing for everyone, or only for the unemployed?

I never said that though !

Parents having children whilst long termed unemployed cannot be right,families have child upon child whilst expecting the state to foot the bill.

I never said that though !

Parents having children whilst long termed unemployed cannot be right,families have child upon child whilst expecting the state to foot the bill.

So if a woman falls pregnant when she or her partner are long term unemployed it should be terminated? I'm sure you don't really mean that, do you? Also I doubt that there are huge amounts of unemployed families having loads of children just for the benefits.

So if a woman falls pregnant when she or her partner are long term unemployed it should be terminated? I'm sure you don't really mean that, do you? Also I doubt that there are huge amounts of unemployed families having loads of children just for the benefits.

I know one "lady" who has just had her 5th child,she has never worked,her bloke is in Chelmsford prison and he rarely worked,she has just moved into a brand new 4 bed roomed town house.

Is that your idea of social justice?

If any pregnancy occurs whilst unemployed then the responsibility falls on the parents and they should not expect the state to throw more money in their general direction.

I'm a great believer that history always repeats itself. As a young man your UIL goes of to Spain for his 'Jihad' but refuses to fight for the country he was born in. Now were in the world is that happening at the moment.

Totally off the subject, but I'm a great believer that history will repeat itself unless we learn from our mistakes.

I know one "lady" who has just had her 5th child,she has never worked,her bloke is in Chelmsford prison and he rarely worked,she has just moved into a brand new 4 bed roomed town house.

Is that your idea of social justice?

If any pregnancy occurs whilst unemployed then the responsibility falls on the parents and they should not expect the state to throw more money in their general direction.

FFS Please can you give the Anecdotal evidence a rest, There is nothing substantive in it and, tbh, it just looks like loads of made up stuff to support an ill informed statement.

As this thread is about Jeremy Corbyn I don't want to prolong this chat, but what I would say is that I have no idea about the circumstances of the one case you've quoted, but it doesn't prove that everyone who is long term unemployed is 'at it'.

My idea of social justice is immaterial to this post, and Labour have not been in power now for over five years, so if the State provides benefits for pregnant women, regardless of their status, then it is not Labour's fault. By the way there is a benefit cap in place.

Are you saying those who fought Franco are comparable to IS?

Yes.... foreign fighters who followed the Bolshevik cause. Which was at the time to end a Christian dominated Europe.

By the way your sneering, I'm more qualified than you, Marxist friend Tangled has once again made a fool of himself. Far from hating Franco the USA loved the fact that he was so anti communist. He was even offered the chance to join NATO.

Yes.... foreign fighters who followed the Bolshevik cause. Which was at the time to end a Christian dominated Europe.

By the way your sneering, I'm more qualified than you, Marxist friend Tangled has once again made a fool of himself. Far from hating Franco the USA loved the fact that he was so anti communist. He was even offered the chance to join NATO.

Franco was a horrible, horrible **** though.

Us being the general public. If you are more interested in whether a politician sings a song of allegiance to a monarch that he isn't allied to than you are about policy then I apologise for my high expectations of you.

Whether or not he sung to the national anthem is of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever FYI.

What gives you the right to speak on anyone's behalf in the way you do? I'm sure some people feel strongly about it and others don't. None of them need to have you talk up for them as to what is "of interest" to them.

Back