• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

ruled himself out of leadership race very early on and by all accounts is refusing along with many others to serve in Corbyn's shadow cabinet.

Have you got a source regarding his refusal to join the shadow cabinet?

I know he decided not to run in the leadership race, and I think that was a sensible decision. As was aligning himself as team-Burnham

That's a wildy inaccurate,mis-interpretation of history.

Shame on you.

It's well-known that the editors of the Daily Mail/Express were pro-Nazi (as were many members of the establishment and Royal Family.I'm sure you'll recall those recent pictures of the young-future- Queen Elizabeth doing a Nazi salute).

A three year old copying grownups and that's all you've got.

Refusing to sing the NA,very statesmanlike indeed !

i have never sung the National Anthem as I donot believe in Royalty, however I was at Embankment watching the Queen and Phillip on the barge a few years back, not because I wanted to cheer the queen but to be caught up in the I'm proud to be British factor

You have a hatred for Labour and JC and just seem to follow the pack mentality of digging at him without listening or giving him a chance, I guess your a Sun reader or at worse Mail

In today's world being proud to be British/English doesn't mean your have to swear an oath to Royalty, but embrace the multi cultural country we have become
its a shame the BNP/NF/UKIP makes me feel dirty to fly the Cross of ST George, without feeling they have tainted the flag as their symbol of right wing beliefs

UTS

i have never sung the National Anthem as I donot believe in Royalty, however I was at Embankment watching the Queen and Phillip on the barge a few years back, not because I wanted to cheer the queen but to be caught up in the I'm proud to be British factor

You have a hatred for Labour and JC and just seem to follow the pack mentality of digging at him without listening or giving him a chance, I guess your a Sun reader or at worse Mail

In today's world being proud to be British/English doesn't mean your have to swear an oath to Royalty, but embrace the multi cultural country we have become
its a shame the BNP/NF/UKIP makes me feel dirty to fly the Cross of ST George, without feeling they have tainted the flag as their symbol of right wing beliefs

UTS

But he'll kiss her hand to get 6.5million to fund his office. Statesman like is yet to be seen but it's as clear as a bell that he is a hypocrite.

Corbyn is going to tackle this relentless wave of Islamophobia head on by continuing to cuddle up to Hamas and Hezbollah and protesting against the Israeli football team playing on British soil. He is a ****ing disgrace and tells me everything I need to know about the left in the UK.

Don't tar me with the same brush if you don't mind.

Don't see the problem with not singing the National Anthem, half our national team clearly don't do it.

i don't sing it, don't believe in what the words stand for etc, if you want to fine, no crime if you don't

I Don't stand either (do people still do this ?) when played

I read this this morning, come on in this day and age surely no one has to kiss someones hand, its unbelieveable

The qoute
"But he'll kiss her hand to get 6.5million to fund his office. Statesman like is yet to be seen but it's as clear as a bell that he is a hypocrite."

So if he does not the party will not get the money ? disgraceful.

Then again where does this money come from ? (tax payers I expect), so should not he kiss all our hands ?

A three year old copying grownups and that's all you've got.

I suggest you read up on 30's British history.

It was the left wing who argued against any action or indeed military spending in the 1930's

Further to Rigsby's slur against the left above, I'm proud to say that one my uncles-in-law, fought against Fascism in Spain,as of course,did many who joined the International Brigades to fight against Franco.

The Daily Mail and the Express's support for the Nazis in the 30's, is a matter of historical record,as indeed is that of the Windsors and many of the aristocracy.I'd point you toward Nancy Mitford's diaries for a first hand account of meeting up with Hitler, for starters.

This might shut up a few people who confuse being proud to be British, and honour our war heroes, with being a royalist...

UTS

99.95% of the population have not voted for the guy,his refusal to sing the anthem has instantly guaranteed a few million will Defo never vote for him or Labour.

I fully expect Jezza to be draped in the IS flag very soon

Spectacular own goal.

I suggest you read up on 30's British history.

Further to Rigsby's slur against the left above, I'm proud to say that one my uncles-in-law, fought against Fascism in Spain,as of course,did many who joined the International Brigades to fight against Franco.

The Daily Mail and the Express's support for the Nazis in the 30's, is a matter of historical record,as indeed is that of the Windsors and many of the aristocracy.I'd point you toward Nancy Mitford's diaries for a first hand account of meeting up with Hitler, for starters.

And you should take a look at 40s history. She served in uniform as a mechanic and could strip down an entire engine and put it back together again. Her mother would regularly visit bomb sites which did no end of good for moral and her father would practice shooting a revolver in the grounds of Buckingham Palace in case of invasion. And, I might point out, the royalty stayed in London during the duration of the war ,unlike the gutless De Gualle or the Dutch royalty.

99.95% of the population have not voted for the guy,his refusal to sing the anthem has instantly guaranteed a few million will Defo never vote for him or Labour.

I fully expect Jezza to be draped in the IS flag very soon

Spectacular own goal.
Obviously this is all a hilarious joke but the more the press lay into him for what colour poppy he will where (if they had waited for him to say the answer is red), the amount of women in his cabinet (if they had waited for the complete list to be announced they would have known there are more women than men despite the two female leadership rivals not wanting to be considered), whether he has stolen a sandwich or two (the organisers has stated they were for all the guests and you can see photos of staff handing them to him rather than taking them), whether he sings a song about an undemocratic leader reigning over us (if he had sung those lines they would have hailed him a hypocrite) the more the public realise that the press are desperate to attack him and the childish slights they are resorting to make them seem irrelevant more than him.
Distrust of the media vs distrust of politicians - at the moment the media are not looking capable of holding anyone to account, the panic in their methods just make you wonder how scared they are of the potential of change.

This might shut up a few people who confuse being proud to be British, and honour our war heroes, with being a royalist...

Exactly, I have never sung the national anthem, though have played it a few times. But that doesn't stop me being proud to be British or ungrateful of the sacrifice of the men that fought in world wars to preserve our freedom.

The problem is too many people expect conformity. Mrs Blue suggested it was not statesmanlike to not sing the national anthem. I can't see why this would be so, the world doesn't resolve around someone singing a song. There have been plenty of bad people that claim they love or god or their country and use this as an excuse to do terrible things.

Back