• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...Corbyns-a-dirty-word-for-Labour-grandees.html

Does anyone else find it bizarre the way senior Labour officials are ganging up against Corbyn. Why is he even in this party if he is so disliked by at least half of it? Two parties in one if you ask me, seems Labour are determined to self destruct.

The lions share of Labour Party senior officials were forged out of the Blair years so it is hardly surprising that they are speaking out against Corbyn's policies, as they stand to lose out if he is successful. I agree that there are two parties in one but that has always been the case up to a point. I would be amazed it the party managed to self destruct, but they have been known to amaze me before in the past.

Your analysis of working class Labour voters is deeply flawed.Probably because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

There is a growing anti-austerity movement in the UK
(and elsewhere in Europe) and this will inevitably increase with another 5 years of full-blooded Tory policies.JC is ideally placed to lead this movement from the Labour left.

One thing that gets me about you Kippers (and your fellow right-wing Tories) is how come you're all so interested in who wins the Labour party leadership contest?

(I paid minimum or zero attention to the Cameron/Davis debates and couldn't care less who eventually takes over from Camerscum or Farage).

Whilst you sit under a shady tree avoiding the heat of a Spanish summer with your head buried in the Guardian. The rest of us are living and working in Britain. If you stopped to listen to us (dopey Ed made the same mistake) you would find out that rather than anti-austerity, working people are far more concerned about the lazy feckless slobs that drain our benefits and national health system.

Further more the problems caused by mass immigration, the problems caused by being in the EU, large company tax avoidance and corrupt politicians who consistently fail the real working class, has led to the creation of UKIP. You keep dismissing their 4 million votes but it could have, and in the future may well be a lot more. Many people who would have voted UKIP switched to the Tories at the last minute because of the " vote for Nigel and you'll end up with Ed" successful campaign.

Look forward to your smug, patronising, selective and out of touch with Britain, reply

Your analysis of working class Labour voters is deeply flawed.Probably because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

There is a growing anti-austerity movement in the UK (and elsewhere in Europe) and this will inevitably increase with another 5 years of full-blooded Tory policies.JC is ideally placed to lead this movement from the Labour left.

One thing that gets me about you Kippers (and your fellow right-wing Tories) is how come you're all so interested in who wins the Labour party leadership contest?

(I paid minimum or zero attention to the Cameron/Davis debates and couldn't care less who eventually takes over from Camerscum or Farage).

Your missing the key point, as usual.
Firstly, I started the thread and I certainly know more working class voters in the UK than you (I live here remember).
Also, I have access to the same sources of information as you. If I don't know what I'm talking about then perhaps that applies to you as well.
Go polish some badges, you're going to be busy with your anti-austerity marches for a while.

The lions share of Labour Party senior officials were forged out of the Blair years so it is hardly surprising that they are speaking out against Corbyn's policies, as they stand to lose out if he is successful. I agree that there are two parties in one but that has always been the case up to a point. I would be amazed it the party managed to self destruct, but they have been known to amaze me before in the past.

The country needs credible opposition to hold the government to account. If Corbyn wins it will bring years of infighting which will destroy any hope of re-election for a very long time.
Believe it or not, I don't relish that prospect and still fully believe that sense will prevail and anyone but Corbyn will win.

The country needs credible opposition to hold the government to account. If Corbyn wins it will bring years of infighting which will destroy any hope of re-election for a very long time.
Believe it or not, I don't relish that prospect and still fully believe that sense will prevail and anyone but Corbyn will win.

I am not so sure. I think Corbyn will just edge it and then there will be a period of consolidation for him. As for the future, well that is in the hands of the Gods. Last time I saw something like this was when Michael Foot took control. I actually think that Dan Jarvis or maybe even Miiband senior will take over eventually.

I am not so sure. I think Corbyn will just edge it and then there will be a period of consolidation for him. As for the future, well that is in the hands of the Gods. Last time I saw something like this was when Michael Foot took control. I actually think that Dan Jarvis or maybe even Miiband senior will take over eventually.

Between Corbyn and slime ball Burnham,Andy today said he wanted Corbyn in his "team" ahhh pass the sick bucket.

Labour have got themselves into a right old pickle,reminds of the state they left this country in.

Miliband Senior will eventually gain control IMO possibly within the next 4 years or so but by then it will be far too late.

Between Corbyn and slime ball Burnham,Andy today said he wanted Corbyn in his "team" ahhh pass the sick bucket.

Labour have got themselves into a right old pickle,reminds of the state they left this country in.

Miliband Senior will eventually gain control IMO possibly within the next 4 years or so but by then it will be far too late.

Its never too late. After years of opposition Tony Blair galvanised the party by doing something different and the electorate liked it enough to keep him in charge for double figure years. You never know what's round the corner in politics, I, for one, didn't expect a Lib Dem as Deputy PM before it happened.

I've read somewhere that the candidate the tories fear the most isn't running for the leadership - that's Dan Jarvis.
I agree that we will probably see him take over but not until it looks likely that you might have a chance of winning.
Someone to set you up and then someone to get you over the line. A bit like John Smith and Tony Blair. Corbyn would be like Michael Foot and send you backwards but at least George Galloway thinks he's worth backing.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...if-jeremy-corbyn-becomes-leader-10429016.html

Miliband Senior is earning loads of money in the USA as a director in a charity, what he is earning seems immoral to be

If you not not a member of the party (I am not) you cannot vote so does not matter what we think, we can only do something in the gen elections . Me personally have lost faith in all party's, but I will still vote in elections normally for an independent. :Worthy:

There is a growing anti-austerity movement in the UK (and elsewhere in Europe) and this will inevitably increase with another 5 years of full-blooded Tory policies.JC is ideally placed to lead this movement from the Labour left.

For those of you who wish to fall about helplessly with laughter, form an orderly queue.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Whilst you sit under a shady tree avoiding the heat of a Spanish summer with your head buried in the Guardian

Actually, I've just come back to SC afer being in France for the last 10 days.I'll also be doing some work for the British Council (Cambridge exams)during the next couple of days.

The rest of us are living and working in Britain. If you stopped to listen to us (dopey Ed made the same mistake)
you would find out that rather than anti-austerity, working people are far more concerned about the lazy feckless slobs that drain our benefits and national health system.

As Chairman Mao used to say "the longest journey starts with the first step." Expect the anti-austerity campaign to get much stronger over the next 5 Tory years.

Further more the problems caused by mass immigration, the problems caused by being in the EU, large company tax avoidance and corrupt politicians who consistently fail the real working class, has led to the creation of UKIP.
You keep dismissing their 4 million votes but it could have, and in the future may well be a lot more
. Many people who would have voted UKIP switched to the Tories at the last minute because of the " vote for Nigel and you'll end up with Ed" successful campaign.

Look forward to your smug, patronising, selective and out of touch with Britain, reply

Remember that you and your fellow UKIP voters represent 15% of the British electorate.You're doomed to failure in a FPTP Parliamentary system.

It appears Jezza was matey with an holocaust denier ,bad form Jezza.
Except that he isn't. He has a policy of negotiation so he gets photographed with all sorts of unsavoury characters.
The person in question organised some conferences that Corbyn went to some years ago. He isn't aligned to him. Non story used by the 'no smoke without fire' people.

Except that he isn't. He has a policy of negotiation so he gets photographed with all sorts of unsavoury characters.
The person in question organised some conferences that Corbyn went to some years ago. He isn't aligned to him. Non story used by the 'no smoke without fire' people.

That's not strictly true though, is it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3202569/Jeremy-Corbyn-accused-cheerleader-anti-Israel-fanatic-glorified-murder-British-soldiers.html

Who believes anything they read in the Dail Fail? :thumbdown:

RC denied any inpropriety in his dealings with this scumbag in a C4 interview last night,short of perhaps putting some loose change for Deir Yassin in a collection bucket.

You're really getting desperate now he looks like winning,aren't you? :hilarious:

Last edited:
Back