• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Corbyn and his old school policies are laughable and will never be backed by the masses,he still hasn't explained how he would pay for his vision,oh apart from hitting the well paid !

Labour are a joke,always have been always will be,their only concern is showering the poor with magnificent benefits whilst taxing the workers more and more.

Look at the two Ed's who were both comical and never statesmen in a million years,how about when Brown called the old lady a bigot!,jeez that was low,Don't forget Tone and his WMD's dossier.

I can see them remaining in the wilderness for decades especially if Jezza gets the job.

For someone who was not going to vote in the last election as you wrote on here, why should you care about politics.

The reason why in your view leaders like JC will get in, is because people like you didnt vote to oppose him and yet happy to slag them off

For someone who was not going to vote in the last election as you wrote on here, why should you care about politics.

The reason why in your view leaders like JC will get in, is because people like you didnt vote to oppose him and yet happy to slag them off

Corbyn was an accident,I supect the reason why he is leading is because of people paying three quid to vote ! By many accounts there has been a sudden increase of around 100,000 coughing up their measly amount,sums up Labour in a nutshell.

Corbyn was an accident,I supect the reason why he is leading is because of people paying three quid to vote ! By many accounts there has been a sudden increase of around 100,000 coughing up their measly amount,sums up Labour in a nutshell.
People on here are having a sensible discussion that is surprising reasoned, why do you keep trying to drag it down a level?

People on here are having a sensible discussion that is surprising reasoned, why do you keep trying to drag it down a level?

Oh i see,

Show me one of my responses which you deem unworthy of this sensible discussion!(from today or yesterday)

You may think I have dragged it down a level but I don't and possibly others don't .

Oh i see,

Show me one of my responses which you deem unworthy of this sensible discussion!(from today or yesterday)

You may think I have dragged it down a level but I don't and possibly others don't .

Ahh!! The agony of choice :smile:

The issue with JC is that we will not win elections for Labour. When was the last genuine left wing Prime Minister elected? The only way you can win elections in British politics now is to be the closest major party to the centre. The reason why DC won the most seats in the last two elections was that he was a touch closer to the centre than the Labour party.

I'm with *** on this all the way. This has been a remarkably reasoned debate, mostly. Why on earth do you think Corbyn was an accident? and as for the reason he is leading the media polls, it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with people signing up to vote. You're entitled to your view, as always, but please don't get too indignant when your view is challenged through lack of substance. No doubt you will now accuse me of persecuting you.

The issue with JC is that we will not win elections for Labour. When was the last genuine left wing Prime Minister elected? The only way you can win elections in British politics now is to be the closest major party to the centre. The reason why DC won the most seats in the last two elections was that he was a touch closer to the centre than the Labour party.

This thread has always been about who the next leader of the Labour Party will be. It has nothing to do with the appeal of some of the candidates to the centre of the electorate.

This thread has always been about who the next leader of the Labour Party will be. It has nothing to do with the appeal of some of the candidates to the centre of the electorate.

There are pages of this thread which look at the electability of the Labour party under different scenarios - I was just adding some comment in relation to that.

FWIW, it is pretty clear JC will win the leadership contest and quite possibly he will win it at the first stage.

There are pages of this thread which look at the electability of the Labour party under different scenarios - I was just adding some comment in relation to that.

FWIW, it is pretty clear JC will win the leadership contest and quite possibly he will win it at the first stage.

I was just being grumpy at another post and it carried over onto yours, sorry:blush:

Your missing the key point, as usual.
If JC becomes Labour leader then the further shift to the left will alienate more and more working class labour voters who are already shifting over to UKIP. 4 million votes in last election - many in traditional Labour area's.

That's a bit of an overstatement. It may well be that labour voters shifted because the Labour Party on offer were not traditional enough to Labour values. All will be revealed come September and the guessing will be over.

Your missing the key point, as usual.
If JC becomes Labour leader then the further shift to the left will alienate more and more working class labour voters who are already shifting over to UKIP. 4 million votes in last election - many in traditional Labour area's.

That's a bit of an overstatement. It may well be that labour voters shifted because the Labour Party on offer were not traditional enough to Labour values. All will be revealed come September and the guessing will be over.

I would have thought that the key point was that despite getting nearly 4 million votes in the last election, UKIP didn't win a single seat from Labour, (not even in target seats like Grimsby).

Many of those Labour voters who switched to UKIP in the North (nowhere near 4 million btw) presumably did so as a protest vote.

RHB is right to imply that many could be tempted back into the fold by a genuine left-wing Labour party.

Why on earth you should think that a "further shift to the left will alienate more and more working class voters" I've no idea.In fact the opposite seems to be happening.

While I agree with Yanis, you're missing the key point, as usual.

The point is that the left is on the march in Europe.Anti-austerity policies are gaining traction.

The result of the last general election in this country strongly suggests that isn't the case here - and it is in this country that Jeremy Corbyn is hoping to lead a major party.

Corbyn will probably win this leadership election, but I reckon Yvette Cooper will end up leading Labour in to the 2020 election.

Back