• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

The result of the last general election in this country strongly suggests that isn't the case here - and it is in this country that Jeremy Corbyn is hoping to lead a major party.

Corbyn will probably win this leadership election, but I reckon Yvette Cooper will end up leading Labour in to the 2020 election.

Don't fancy a bet on that by any chance? :unsure:

Don't fancy a bet on that by any chance? :unsure:

Give me some odds then....

Put it this way, it won't take long after Corbyn's win for a campaign to oust him to start. He'll be an IDS for this decade - a leader who doesn't even take his party in to a general election.

Give me some odds then....

Put it this way, it won't take long after Corbyn's win for a campaign to oust him to start. He'll be an IDS for this decade - a leader who doesn't even take his party in to a general election.

No odds I'm afraid.Just a straight tenner (the loser pays SZ).

My candidate would be ABC = Anyone but Yvette Cooper.:smile:

If it is Jeremy Corbyn, good luck to him, I personally don't have a vote.

The labour party lost me ref Tony Blair + Gordon Brown, completely lied to us

Most of us will only influence the party in the Gen Election

Can actually see the party splitting up.

Please look at the standing MPs expensive's as a guide to their honestly

If it is Jeremy Corbyn, good luck to him, I personally don't have a vote.

The labour party lost me ref Tony Blair + Gordon Brown, completely lied to us

Most of us will only influence the party in the Gen Election

Can actually see the party splitting up.

Please look at the standing MPs expensive's as a guide to their honestly

There are hundreds of hard working, totally honest MPs working for us in parliament from all parties. It's too easy to make sweeping statements that they are all dishonest. If someone could show me evidence that they were bad boys then fine, but you can't.

I would have thought that the key point was that despite getting nearly 4 million votes in the last election, UKIP didn't win a single seat from Labour, (not even in target seats like Grimsby).

Many of those Labour voters who switched to UKIP in the North (nowhere near 4 million btw) presumably did so as a protest vote.

RHB is right to imply that many could be tempted back into the fold by a genuine left-wing Labour party.

Why on earth you should think that a "further shift to the left will alienate more and more working class voters" I've no idea.In fact the opposite seems to be happening.

Rubbish, working class voters aren't ban the bomb IRA supporters and most aren't members of the labour party even those that vote labour. They're normal working people doing the best for their families. They don't give a toss about the politics of Jeremy Corbyn. The labour party know this and now are running scared he is going to win. Labour won't appeal to anyone apart from badge wearing lefties living in the 70's - good luck!

Rubbish, working class voters aren't ban the bomb IRA supporters and most aren't members of the labour party even those that vote labour. They're normal working people doing the best for their families. They don't give a toss about the politics of Jeremy Corbyn. The labour party know this and now are running scared he is going to win. Labour won't appeal to anyone apart from badge wearing lefties living in the 70's - good luck!

You forgot 'who dropped this country like hot **** and now only snipe from afar'

There are hundreds of hard working, totally honest MPs working for us in parliament from all parties. It's too easy to make sweeping statements that they are all dishonest. If someone could show me evidence that they were bad boys then fine, but you can't.
I did not state all MPs are dishonest, here is an example (not saying it's dishonest, but come on)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...17000-a-year-on-expenses-for-London-flat.html

Also the MPs expenses bill is now higher than when it was exposed as corrupt, Also have not some Mps be sent to prison for fiddling theirs.

evidence enough I think, apologizes excepted

I did not state all MPs are dishonest, here is an example (not saying it's dishonest, but come on)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...17000-a-year-on-expenses-for-London-flat.html

Also the MPs expenses bill is now higher than when it was exposed as corrupt, Also have not some Mps be sent to prison for fiddling theirs.

evidence enough I think, apologizes excepted

You've shown one article on Andy Burnham which you state is not dishonest. Some MPs have been sent to prison, How many? - there are 650 in Westminster. No evidence at all I'm afraid.

I'm with *** on this all the way. This has been a remarkably reasoned debate, mostly. Why on earth do you think Corbyn was an accident? and as for the reason he is leading the media polls, it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with people signing up to vote. You're entitled to your view, as always, but please don't get too indignant when your view is challenged through lack of substance. No doubt you will now accuse me of persecuting you.

Corbyn was was nominated by people who now openly regret voting for him,so in reality an accident.

He is leading the polls because of Labours Ridiculous voting system which has been recently boosted by 100,000 extra members who IMO are fakes wishing to destroy Labour for a lifetime.

Please stop persecuting me.:dim:

Corbyn was was nominated by people who now openly regret voting for him,so in reality an accident.

He is leading the polls because of Labours Ridiculous voting system which has been recently boosted by 100,000 extra members who IMO are fakes wishing to destroy Labour for a lifetime.

Please stop persecuting me.:dim:

The fact that people regret nominating him doesn't make it an accident. Poor judgement maybe, but not an accident. Do you honestly think 100k people would bother to join the Labour Party just to screw it up?

On your last point - gladly:thumbsup:

The fact that people regret nominating him doesn't make it an accident. Poor judgement maybe, but not an accident. Do you honestly think 100k people would bother to join the Labour Party just to screw it up?

On your last point - gladly:thumbsup:

100,000 at three quid each so 300k,rich Tory supporter would consider that well spent money.

Many commentators have suggested the system was open to abuse.

100,000 at three quid each so 300k,rich Tory supporter would consider that well spent money.

Many commentators have suggested the system was open to abuse.

But 100,000 people being paid to join the Labour Party?, come on, it's not credible. The scrutiny of new members for dodginess has been ramped up as well.

There are hundreds of hard working, totally honest MPs working for us in parliament from all parties. It's too easy to make sweeping statements that they are all dishonest. If someone could show me evidence that they were bad boys then fine, but you can't.[/QUOTE]

I bet you I can.....How about the fact they all voted to give themselves an 11% pay rise whilst insisting the rest of the public sector get 1%

Cutting public sector pensions, some people have been paying into for 30+ years. Of course keeping their full benefits which they receive after just 20 YRS. They came to the conclusion that it would not save the country much money by cutting their own pension scheme.... But of course "we are all in it together"

Voting themselves one years severance pay if they lost their seat at the last election.

Wide spread abuse of the second Mortgage 'perk'..... The practice of 'Flipping' houses is actually tax fraud.

Even our very own Sir David Amess has claimed huge expenses to stay in London. Because as we all know its far too difficult to commute from Southend and do a days work.

Last edited:
I bet you I can.....How about the fact they all voted to give themselves an 11% pay rise whilst insisting the rest of the public sector get 1%

Cutting public sector pensions, some people have been paying into for 30+ years. Of course keeping their full benefits which they receive after just 20 YRS. They came to the conclusion that it would not save the country much money by cutting their own pension scheme.... But of course "we are all in it together"

Voting themselves one years severance pay if they lost their seat at the last election.

Wide spread abuse of the second Mortgage 'perk'..... The practice of 'Flipping' houses is actually tax fraud.

Even our very own Sir David Amess has claimed huge expenses to stay in London. Because as we all know its far too difficult to commute from Southend and do a days work.

My post to davew was challenging his assertion regarding MPs honesty and the fact that I did not believe they were all dishonest. Sensationalising some aspects of parliament's practises is easy, we have all done it, including me, and I understand why that happens. What I was saying, and still am, is that the vast majority of the 650 MPs are personally not dishonest.

To say that our parliament is either corrupt or dishonest is simply not true in my opinion.

You've shown one article on Andy Burnham which you state is not dishonest. Some MPs have been sent to prison, How many? - there are 650 in Westminster. No evidence at all I'm afraid.

Hi you are not reading my posts correctly, I did not state all MPs, all I advised was look at the standing Mps
expenses for a guide.

I have not got a vote for the labour leader contest myself, just advising, of course if you have a vote make your mind up.

Regards MPs going to prison, many more should have gone, what they were a actually doing was stealing.

Rem I am not saying all MPs

Rubbish, working class voters aren't ban the bomb IRA supporters and most aren't members of the labour party even those that vote labour. The labour party know this and now are running scared he is going to win. Labour won't appeal to anyone apart from badge wearing lefties living in the 70's - good luck!

Your analysis of working class Labour voters is deeply flawed.Probably because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

There is a growing anti-austerity movement in the UK (and elsewhere in Europe) and this will inevitably increase with another 5 years of full-blooded Tory policies.JC is ideally placed to lead this movement from the Labour left.

One thing that gets me about you Kippers (and your fellow right-wing Tories) is how come you're all so interested in who wins the Labour party leadership contest?

(I paid minimum or zero attention to the Cameron/Davis debates and couldn't care less who eventually takes over from Camerscum or Farage).

Back