• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Toni Martinez mentioned again in the trade price cars blog, haven't had a chance to speak to the guys there but they are usually in the know.

Imho what we need are players that are doing well in a lower league team who will see a transfer to Southend as a step up and will bust a gut to be successful with us.

We have tried the journeyman ex higher division type players and it's gone badly wrong so far this season, lack of enthusiasm, desire or effort from players on their way out of the game.

Brown was watching him yesterday at the West Ham F.A. cup game along with some of there other young players so you never know..Could be one of the players coming in...Only down side on Toni was his goal scoring record at Oxford on loan was poor..

I know he's been rumoured before on here but what about going in for John Akinde at Barnet?

They themselves are struggling so would probably take a decent offer but he might be keen as it's not too far and could be a last shot at league one for him?

We haven't signed any up and coming talent for years because they cost money. The club was saved and then improved on free transfers/loans.

So unless Ron says to PB/A.N.Other.... Here's a few £100,000 go and buy some young talent it won't be changing anytime soon.

I know he's been rumoured before on here but what about going in for John Akinde at Barnet?

They themselves are struggling so would probably take a decent offer but he might be keen as it's not too far and could be a last shot at league one for him?
That's a great call he would be a great signing for us.He has a really good goal scoring record if Brown could sign him I would be a very happy shrimper..

PB said he hopes to bring someone in today, let see if he does.

Part of me is worried he's going to bring in Kieran Richardson.

I know this sounds crazy, but why don't we go for hungry, fit, fast young players.

The "hungry, fit, fast young players" bit is not the issue- its the words that are missing i.e.

hungry, fit, fast young players who can finish/score goals
hungry, fit, fast young players who can pass and create
hungry, fit, fast young players who can cross the ball/deliver end product

The challenge is everyone is after these players even if the are playing L2 and lower. And currently they will be under contract... question is will we pay fees, maybe 200k?? This would be a big change of policy but maybe the situation demands it..

Or of course we could focus on the loan market (but even more competitive because that's the cheap way to do it and often the players aren't proven at senior level..).

Otherwise hungry, fit, fast young players= McGlashan and similar (not a dig at him- he brings something, has limitations which is why he is a squad player at our level)..

So immobile he scored 26 Goals last season and 23 Goals the season before that what we wouldn't give for a striker with that Goal scoring record...

If he was that good another side would of nabbed him by now. There is a reason he still is at Barnet. Ricky Miller scored 40 goals for Dover last season and Posh are already looking to get rid.

Back