• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Believe someone said Kiefer Moore and that we should be going for him. Well, we don't have a spare £750k. So that's why we're not.

Who might we get rid of Hendrie? Robinson ? Kightly if Burton still want him ? Ted Smith? McGlashan?

Why would we get rid of Ted Smith? He's not on the bench because he's injured, once fit he'll be well ahead of Bishop in the pecking order. I don't think getting rid of McGlashan is a good idea either, he's not good enough to start but if we're a goal down his pace can cause serious problems for a tiring defence.

Going the other way can ,we PLEASE send lots more of our young boys out on loan. Would any of Bwomono, Cotton Coutts Batlokwa , Phillips, Wabo ,Matsuzaka ,Bexon, Bedford ,Walker ,Bishop, Yearwood Ba, et al benefit from a bit more Man football . Like to see some in league 2?

Some of those are involved with the first team, and we do actually need rot be able to put out and U23 team
We do send one or two out but our squads aren't so big that we can do it wholesale..

One of my sources at the club, Jimmy Fibber, tells me that Ron Martin is going to transfer all the players except Oxley, White, Cox and Wabo, sack Phil Brown and get Paul Sturrock to come in and build another team overnight.

It has been done before.

Going the other way can ,we PLEASE send lots more of our young boys out on loan. Would any of Bwomono, Cotton Coutts Batlokwa , Phillips, Wabo ,Matsuzaka ,Bexon, Bedford ,Walker ,Bishop, Yearwood Ba, et al benefit from a bit more Man football . Like to see some in league 2?

Be careful what you would like to see as we could be in League 2 next year. :smile:

Why would we get rid of Ted Smith? He's not on the bench because he's injured, once fit he'll be well ahead of Bishop in the pecking order. I don't think getting rid of McGlashan is a good idea either, he's not good enough to start but if we're a goal down his pace can cause serious problems for a tiring defence.
Absolutely correct re.Ted Smith,but even with his remarkable speed,McGlashans total inability to cross or shoot with any accuracy means he’s a waste of space.

Theyre much more likely to get 1st team football at Man U than Man C !

So ranger sacked. Lenny sold. Wright injured. Most of the others are utter gash. Any idea who might be coming in?

Right people I hear Lincoln want Theo Robinson back !my question is would you swap him for Woodard in midfield .

I would I liked him to take Lenny place

Right people I hear Lincoln want Theo Robinson back !my question is would you swap him for Woodard in midfield .

I would I liked him to take Lenny place

I’d be very happy with that, even if a small amount of the Leonard cash had to go their way too. I’ve said before that Woodyard’s playstyle was very similar to Lenny’s. I wanted us to get him back here a while back as an understudy to Lenny, so now seems a good time to make a move.

Would far rather see us sign lads like this over another injury prone, journeyman name from the past. He’s a decent young player with the potential to improve and provide some resale value too.

I’d be very happy with that, even if a small amount of the Leonard cash had to go their way too. I’ve said before that Woodyard’s playstyle was very similar to Lenny’s. I wanted us to get him back here a while back as an understudy to Lenny, so now seems a good time to make a move.

Would far rather see us sign lads like this over another injury prone, journeyman name from the past. He’s a decent young player with the potential to improve and provide some resale value too.
I agree with you mate ,would love Mr Martin to go back Plymouth get there number 10 please ��

Back