• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If he was that good another side would of nabbed him by now. There is a reason he still is at Barnet. Ricky Miller scored 40 goals for Dover last season and Posh are already looking to get rid.

Yes the reason being that they gave him a great league two contract, wanted a fair bit of money for him last summer and he didn't want to leave. That may have changed now given where they are - that's purely guess work though.

40 goals in the conference is different to consistently scoring 20+ in the league

sorry the if he was that good someone else would have nabbed him by now doesn't wash. If we thought like that we'd have no ambition to sign good players!

If he was that good another side would of nabbed him by now.

Well therein lies the problem, great players will already have snapped up by another side with a bit more prestige than us so we have little chance of getting them. We have to take gambles because sure bets aren't going to be interested in us.

Also Barnet are League 2, which is a better standard than the conference so I don't think your example is that comparable.

Yes the reason being that they gave him a great league two contract, wanted a fair bit of money for him last summer and he didn't want to leave. That may have changed now given where they are - that's purely guess work though.

40 goals in the conference is different to consistently scoring 20+ in the league

sorry the if he was that good someone else would have nabbed him by now doesn't wash. If we thought like that we'd have no ambition to sign good players!

Consistently haha he has scored 20+ in the league for 2 seasons not exactly a 5 year stretch is it. He's scored 3 this season so look like his consistent 20+ league goal tally could be coming to an end.

Well therein lies the problem, great players will already have snapped up by another side with a bit more prestige than us so we have little chance of getting them. We have to take gambles because sure bets aren't going to be interested in us.

Also Barnet are League 2, which is a better standard than the conference so I don't think your example is that comparable.

40 Conf goals against 23 L2 goals not comparable? It's nearly double the amount, is L2 standard twice the standard of the conference? The team that won the league are only sitting in 6th position...

Consistently haha he has scored 20+ in the league for 2 seasons not exactly a 5 year stretch is it. He's scored 3 this season so look like his consistent 20+ league goal tally could be coming to an end.

I think you're missing the point that he would be an upgrade on what we have available. Ranger and Fortune play the role of holding the ball up for us, one of them has been sacked and the other works hard but has very few goals in him. Akinde, in my opinion would be an upgrade.

As i say that's just my opinion. would be interested to hear some thoughts of who you think would be a good options / options?

Toni Martinez mentioned again in the trade price cars blog, haven't had a chance to speak to the guys there but they are usually in the know.

what does he look like? There was a guy today at b&l, quite a bit of stubble, looked mid 20’s got into a white c63 AMG merc, on his phone and drove off while others were training, did not recognise him.

Getting in players on loan would be fine, look at Shrewsbury this season. The key question is whether Phil Brown's judgement and contacts matches that of Paul Hurst?

I think you're missing the point that he would be an upgrade on what we have available. Ranger and Fortune play the role of holding the ball up for us, one of them has been sacked and the other works hard but has very few goals in him. Akinde, in my opinion would be an upgrade.

As i say that's just my opinion. would be interested to hear some thoughts of who you think would be a good options / options?

We need a change of style, the sideways pass followed by a hoof to a lump up top isn't working and replacing lumps with another lump is not going to force any change in the way we play. We need to go to the loan market to bring a player who can maybe beat someone, turn a defender or just maybe even try to take someone on which can maybe inspire our other good players to start taking people on.

what does he look like? There was a guy today at b&l, quite a bit of stubble, looked mid 20’s got into a white c63 AMG merc, on his phone and drove off while others were training, did not recognise him.

Someone got lost heading for B&Q

We need a change of style, the sideways pass followed by a hoof to a lump up top isn't working and replacing lumps with another lump is not going to force any change in the way we play. We need to go to the loan market to bring a player who can maybe beat someone, turn a defender or just maybe even try to take someone on which can maybe inspire our other good players to start taking people on.

Fair point around the style. I agree i'd like to see more football on the deck, although if it did i think there is a role for a bigger striker too as a plan b.

But do you have any names in mind for who that could be?

Fair point around the style. I agree i'd like to see more football on the deck, although if it did i think there is a role for a bigger striker too as a plan b.

But do you have any names in mind for who that could be?

Unsurprisingly, I don't know what U23 strikers are available for a loan. Would like to see Toni Martinez come in, has been scoring goals for fun for West Ham u23 so will have some confidence in contrast to Akinde who is having he's worst season in a few years so far after coming back from an injury from the side who currently sit at the bottom of L2, imagine very low on confidence. The last thing this side needs is players coming in not confident although they would immediately have something in common with the rest of the squad.

Back