• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Right people I hear Lincoln want Theo Robinson back !my question is would you swap him for Woodard in midfield .

I would I liked him to take Lenny place

Hear from where? If they had scout that were lucky enough to see the very few minutes Robinson has played, why would they go back and say we should sign him. They would have to be the worst scouts in history.

Some of those are involved with the first team, and we do actually need rot be able to put out and U23 team
We do send one or two out but our squads aren't so big that we can do it wholesale..

I was not suggesting all of them at once. I dont think think they are exactly getting lots of minutes on the pitch either, and neither are we overrun with Under 23 games. I just happen to hold the view for sometime ( and this is borne out with comparitors with other clubs ) that we dont take enough opportunity to loan out. Ive noticed it for years, as as if we suddenly remember its a good thing to do, rather than part of a comprehensive plan and strategy

Oh dear we have now got to trust in our amazing scouting ability and Phils renowned recruitment judgement, Ron must be weighing this up with sweat pouring down his temple and a bottle of Jack Daniels by now

Am I the only person fed up of being linked with ex players. Does Phil and the guys involved in transfer negotiations just go through our old programmes or look at old team photos?

Robinson can go but don't bring Woodyard back!

Am I the only person fed up of being linked with ex players. Does Phil and the guys involved in transfer negotiations just go through our old programmes or look at old team photos?

News to me that we are being linked with ex players no one knows who Browns targets are and we wont know till Brown hopefully signs them.I just hope the club get it right this time and we sign players who will improve the team Dont want any more Robinsons..

Last edited:

To be fair it's posters on here that keep bringing up ex players. A bit like when they say Brown is off to so and so the last 3 seasons. I'm sure Blues have no intentions of bringing in any of JET, Corr or Woodyard.

I don't think we're actually going for him but if we did get Woodyard he's a lot better than he was when he left us and at 24 he still has a lot of potential so it's a different story to the usual ex-players we go after. Signing ex-players usually goes bad for us because we sign them again once they're past their best days. You wouldn't have that issue with Woodyard, he's played every match for credible promotion contenders in League 2 and it sounds like he's a ball winning midfielder for Lincoln so he could be just what we need.

Makes me laugh how a single speculative post from a fan can morph into a transfer story. Not sure if the people speaking glowingly about Woodyard have ever seen him play because if you had you would know that he is doing really well holding down a place in L2 at the moment. If Lincoln gain promotion there is next to no chance he will be lining up in L1 next year and tells you all you need to know about him being someone who could replace Leonard. He would be well down the pecking order here as it stands (and that is saying something!)

IMO Wright was a bit of a (panic) punt - and frankly I'd be disappointed if the club felt he was good enough to extend his contract beyond the end of the season. Nevertheless he is still a better proposition than Woodyard. Good lads as I am sure they both are.

News to me that we are being linked with ex players no one knows who Browns targets are and we wont know till Brown hopefully signs them.I just hope the club get it right this time and we sign players who will improve the team Dont want any more Robinsons..

Including Brown himself

Not sure if the people speaking glowingly about Woodyard have ever seen him play because if you had you would know that he is doing really well holding down a place in L2 at the moment. If Lincoln gain promotion there is next to no chance he will be lining up in L1 next year

If he's consistently holding down a spot in the side why would he not get in the team should Lincoln get promoted?

Someone on the Lincoln forum collects all the player ratings members give over the season and Woodyard is currently the second highest rated player this season, so the fans must think he's a solid player.

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=52600&posts=1

The fans also seem worried Woodyard will move to a bigger club (Luton) here:

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co...2521&start=1&highlight=Player&highlightmode=1

Of the 18 players snapped up so far in our league, Northampton as you would expect as they are near the bottom, have been the busiest club so far bringing in 3. Fortunately their new wonder signing from Southend cant play and neither is their new import from Poland however Facey on loan from Man City is in the line up

The Philster has brought us in a few good players to be fair, although its difficult to be confident about him and our scouting teams efforts
A sample of the goodies, Ibenfeldt, Cassidy, Innis, Layne, Bennett, Ranger, King, Robinson Kiernan, Barnard, Hines, Nouble, Mooney, King, Amos, Malarczyk, Hunt, Weston, Sokolik, Kamara, Coulthirst, Binnon-Williams, ONeill, Hendrie, Ferdinand, Pigott, Kightly:whistling:

The Philster has brought us in a few good players to be fair, although its difficult to be confident about him and our scouting teams efforts
A sample of the goodies, Ibenfeldt, Cassidy, Innis, Layne, Bennett, Ranger, King, Robinson Kiernan, Barnard, Hines, Nouble, Mooney, King, Amos, Malarczyk, Hunt, Weston, Sokolik, Kamara, Coulthirst, Binnon-Williams, ONeill, Hendrie, Ferdinand, Pigott, Kightly:whistling:

I wouldn't ask him to buy a round. I would end up with a suspect cocktail adorned by a pink brolly!

What is glaringly obvious to me is that a vast majority of these player's were with higher division club's but with no FL experience or player's who had already played in a higher division and were on their way down.

Back