• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil needs to move quickly to save his position. We need 20 points from 20 games to be safe. Cant believe Im talking about being safe given all the verbals about the great quality signings to power us to promotion.Most clubs will be after the target of 50-51 points. We need to freshen up quick or Phil needs to move on. Looks like some decent transfers already moving ahead in our league with players coming in from Wolves , Reading and Arsenal on loan.
Interesting to note I and many others here had Gillingham as dead certs to go down, slumping away at the foot of the table. Then hey presto Manager fired and in comes ex player Steve Lovell, and since they have only lost 2 in 14 to go above us. No real change in personnel, just Manager. I am advised they are fitter and train more and are a fairly young side

We didn't pay anything for these lads, we have a direct link with Maldon and Tiptree supplying their manager (Kevin Horlock) the assistant manager, the physio and another coach our old player Paul Abrahams. They also all work for us behind the scenes working with the under 23s under 18s etc. We loan out some of our younger players to them in order for these lads to get some experience against older players and we get first pick on any of their more promising players. For such a small club we have a huge number of coaches and support staff behind the scenes I don't know how we pay them all! https://www.cu-fc.com/club/whos-who-contact-details/

Interesting, do you know why the BBC transfer centre records them both as undisclosed fees ? Alaso do you have mor einfo on your actual scouting set up.?

Apart from Madden, Clarkey and James Hanson join Bury. We play them on 13 Feb. Hanson always a handful. And Keiffer Moore (remember the hat-trick) joining Posh and we play Posh on 3 February. Some serious challenges ahead for our CBs.
Phew thought you meant Leon Clarke for a minute.

Somebody asked Chris Phillips if the striker was Toni Martinez from West Ham but chris didn't know..

He's been prolific for WHU academy - but only 1 goal in 15 appearances on loan at Oxford last season. Would fit in with our prolific strikeforce.

I'd rather give Wabo a chance. Or even Emile Acquah, who seems to average a goal a game in the youffs

Didn't Liam Nash sign for Gillingham from Maldon in the summer. Played against us at the start of the season. Now on loan at Leatherhead.

We have signed our non league diamond in Ba this year. With Ranger gone the top priority will be a big number 9 who can step straight in at this level.......We might have a pleasant surprise by tomorrow

The return of Barry Corr!

The return of Barry Corr!

I hope Gills dont take Nash back too quickly hes banging goals in for fun ! I hope Ba does do well in time but hardly looking like a non league diamond so far. However We are not noted for our ability to recruit whether it be non league or otherwise, We would rate a C-, others are far more successful whether with non league, trainees, lower league players etc. Maybe its our set up that needs urgent overhaul?

I hope Gills dont take Nash back too quickly hes banging goals in for fun ! I hope Ba does do well in time but hardly looking like a non league diamond so far. However We are not noted for our ability to recruit whether it be non league or otherwise, We would rate a C-, others are far more successful whether with non league, trainees, lower league players etc. Maybe its our set up that needs urgent overhaul?

We don't pay money for non league lower league etc. As you know the club is hardly flush with cash so what little it does have it puts into the academy. That's the place that produced Bentley and Payne and the £2m plus we will get for them long term.

Since Ricky Duncan has been in charge we have produce over 20 players who have played at pro level and some like that young lad at Man City who may and its never certain in football go on to big things which again will benefit our club

That's why young lads have chosen us over Col U despite them having a better level academy. That's also why they are currently scraping around in the food bank of the Essex senior league. :winking:

Interesting, do you know why the BBC transfer centre records them both as undisclosed fees ? Alaso do you have mor einfo on your actual scouting set up.?

They don't need a scouting set up -- they just take M&T players, possibly for a small fee.

Earlier this season I saw Rob Dickie, a very impressive CB of Reading, on loan at Lincoln and wrote on here about how we could do with him but now we have any number of CBs available. Has now been transferred to Oxford. Great signing by Oxford and only 21. Phil, they are out there!

Can we tempt Billy Paynter back? He is only 33 and playing non league at Warrington. A chance to reunite him with Cox and recreate their partnership at Swindon which was so successful in the previous decade.

Clarkey and James Hanson join Bury. We play them on 13 Feb. Hanson always a handful.

They've also signed Connor Ripley on loan for the rest of the season. Mind you they have only scored 1 in their last 8 league games so a bit of desperation.

Who might we get rid of Hendrie? Robinson ? Kightly if Burton still want him ? Ted Smith? McGlashan?

Id be happy to part with Ferdinand, Robinson, Wordsworth, Kightly and Hendrie, possibly Klass

I see Northampton have paid an undisclosed fee for Man City defender Shay FACEY, 18 month contract , I assume he will be on the pitch against us. 13 signings so far to League 1, cant wait to see whom the two are we are bringing in before tomorrow

Back