• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, but they haven't changed their manager halfway through the month.

Yes, but they haven't changed their manager halfway through the month.

The majority of the buying was in the first 2 weeks when Brown was here, also 4 have changed their Manager ( including us ). Whilst it is a factor , we have been experts at being last through most windows, including last Summer

So Harrison is one but apparently there is another striker on the way any ideas on the second one?

If we're getting two strikers in then we should think about seeing if Wabo or Ba can get some first team football on loan in League Two or the Conference.

I would imagine we will be looking at someone more experienced for the second striker signing. I very much doubt we’d be pinning our hopes of survival on a 20 year old with only 15 appearances in the Football League.

If we're getting two strikers in then we should think about seeing if Wabo or Ba can get some first team football on loan in League Two or the Conference.

We have regular posts about why don't we send our lads on loan but there are always lots of factors why one might go out and others don't. Its not just a standard thing to do and many clubs feel its better for X or Y to stay with them.

In the case of the PL they have so many players that unlike ours they won't be training every day with the first team and getting on the bench etc.

So Harrison is one but apparently there is another striker on the way any ideas on the second one?

We need a tail, big striker, with plenty of firepower, this one fits the bill. :winking:

hWQoTq.jpg

Right with you until the end - no idea what your age has to do about getting behind the manager! And also when did being in your 30s make you a member of the older generation!?

Age shouldn't have anything to do with it and that's not what I meant, ALL fans should be behind him right from the start. What I meant was those who saw Powell play for us for seven years are likely to be more patient in the short term as they'll feel like it's one of their own coming home. I certainly do, I'm delighted he's back. Outstanding player and outstanding person, I've never wanted anyone to succeed here more than him. Of course there's no room for sentiment and he should be judged on results but certainly not yet, it's going to take him a while to put his own stamp on the team. Comments from certain posters already criticising his potential signings are ridiculous in my honest opinion, CP has been working at Spurs so is it any wonder his first signing is likely to be a Tottenham loanee? If he thinks Harrison will prosper here then that's good enough for me.

Thank you for making me feel young again though.... :winking:

Roy Hollis is still Blues all-time leading goalscorer and I remember him well, especially in partnership with Sammy McCrory. There was more "in the net" than "over the bar" from Roy as I recall.
yes there were and they were and still are legends of SUFC AND ALWAYS WILL BE. We must be around the same age Westie for you too remember them also,they were my childhood heroes along wth Harry Threadgold.

CP is more experienced than Tilly was.

CP has surrounded himself now with quality backroom staff who have been there and done it.

CP loves Southend United and from a manager, that is rare indeed.

He will make mistakes. He will lose games but he will always endeavour to get the absolute maximum from the team.

That will do for me.

Back on thread. I am a little worried about our lack of signings.

I certainly don't blame CP for that.

Age shouldn't have anything to do with it and that's not what I meant, ALL fans should be behind him right from the start. What I meant was those who saw Powell play for us for seven years are likely to be more patient in the short term as they'll feel like it's one of their own coming home. I certainly do, I'm delighted he's back. Outstanding player and outstanding person, I've never wanted anyone to succeed here more than him. Of course there's no room for sentiment and he should be judged on results but certainly not yet, it's going to take him a while to put his own stamp on the team. Comments from certain posters already criticising his potential signings are ridiculous in my honest opinion, CP has been working at Spurs so is it any wonder his first signing is likely to be a Tottenham loanee? If he thinks Harrison will prosper here then that's good enough for me.

Thank you for making me feel young again though.... :winking:

brilliant post, spot on, exactly how many of us feel

No not saying that.

hes been saying it’s rob martins fault that we don’t sign players not Phil browns , in other news he will soon Tell us that Ron martins a skint and a fraud property developer ...

we all get it, phil browns your mate and you get to hang out with people in the know, but please if you are going to spout inside knowledge can it be more creative than the chairman’s a ****. Please tell us something that we don’t already know

hes been saying it’s rob martins fault that we don’t sign players not Phil browns , in other news he will soon Tell us that Ron martins a skint and a fraud property developer ...

we all get it, phil browns your mate and you get to hang out with people in the know, but please if you are going to spout inside knowledge can it be more creative than the chairman’s a ****. Please tell us something that we don’t already know

Riggers and Brown obviously think there's endless money in the budget after Brown splurged the majority of it in the summer.

Ron's not skint. Can't be a fraud of a developer if he owns FF and RH, that makes him one of the most successful ever in this town.

There you go that's a couple of things you didn't know.

Back