• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Absolutely. I would rather be joyous about our improving position - songs/chants looking to the future will be more likely to get more people joining in I feel.
Totally agree, now we should only look forward. It will hurt Ron more for him to think he has been forgotten overnight. Let’s focus on chants and support for the new owners !!!!

Under RM we went up two tiers in the First 8 years . I think Cosu may well beat that but we are starting one tier lower .....

Those who have supported us for the past 15 years would only know Ron for the bad and the most recent 5 years or so as the truly awful times. Prior to 2009 there was a very good spell under Ron. Not defending just reminding.
Yes, we did. But during that time we knew Ron was gambling with our club (constant financials troubles) and at some point the bubble was going to burst.

Those who have supported us for the past 15 years would only know Ron for the bad and the most recent 5 years or so as the truly awful times. Prior to 2009 there was a very good spell under Ron. Not defending just reminding.

I beg to differ, but as early in 2000 Ron was already up to his shady tricks. It's just not many people noticed them.

An example.

When we drew Canvey Island in the FA Cup Canvey were drawn as the home team. They switched the tie to Roots Hall. (you could do that then) and the game was televised.

That season we had home and away shirt sponsors. My mate owned Wyndham Plastics who were our away sponsors.

There was a major dispute, which turned really serious into the fact that contractually we should play in yellow not blue.

We lost Steve as a sponsor and he bought a non league Welsh club in South Wales, where he lives, whose name escapes me (Ding I believe it was Bridgend Town AFC and he became a director) and backed them instead of us and said then he would never have anything to do with SUFC while Ron was involved in the club.

Last edited:
I beg to differ, but as early in 2000 Ron was already up to his shady tricks. It's just not many people noticed them.

An example.

When we drew Canvey Island in the FA Cup Canvey were drawn as the home team. They switched the tie to Roots Hall. (you could do that then) and the game was televised.

That season we had home and away shirt sponsors. My mate owned Wyndham Plastics who were our away sponsors.

There was a major dispute, which turned really serious into the fact that contractually we should play in yellow not blue.

We lost Steve as a sponsor and he bought a non league Welsh club in South Wales, where he lives, whose name escapes me and backed them instead of us and said then he would never have anything to do with SUFC while Ron was involved in the club.
See your point but it's not like b2b promotions, champs of l1 and turning over Man United can be remembered as "bad times" and that people would be lucky they never got to experience that just because Ron was at the helm. They will go down as one of the best periods we've ever had supporting this club and it happened whilst Ron was overseeing things and that can't be taken away from him.
If COSU ever got close to repeating any of that then that would be truly amazing and I don't think anyone expects them to.

See your point but it's not like b2b promotions, champs of l1 and turning over Man United can be remembered as "bad times" and that people would be lucky they never got to experience that just because Ron was at the helm. They will go down as one of the best periods we've ever had supporting this club and it happened whilst Ron was overseeing things and that can't be taken away from him.
If COSU ever got close to repeating any of that then that would be truly amazing and I don't think anyone expects them to.
Agree on the periods on the pitch, quite rightly, but I would caveat that with despite Ron being at the helm, not because of.

Back