• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future It's DONE! COSU Own The Club.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Seeing the improvements in all areas of the club & particularly the connections COSU are making with both fans & local businesses I wonder if we are seeing the input of probably two of the unsung members of the consortium.

Board member David Kreyling & Tom Arnold in their day jobs at CSL focus on working in partnerships to drive economic development & through sport playing a significant role in helping wellbeing & creating stronger communities. I'm pretty sure that at the Meet the Consortium both were pushing the message very hard of engagement in all it's methods.

I suspect, but not ITK, that a deal of the re-engagement through things like the kit launch video & better comms all round are coming from their base. My wellbeing has certainly improved.
Think you have something there Pete. These guys would fully understand how restoring a bit of pride back in the fanbase would uplift things. New kit, new scoreboard and Reception sign all strong visual messages of commitment and positivity. I am sure being so local they hear the 'noise' and have offered plenty of council to Tom as he oversees and timetables the changes to the Club, with both the physical and holistic benefits to the fans very much in mind.

Iv not been on here busy time of year on the farm but it actually happened first home game of the season what chants are in line for the consortium

Spoke to Justin briefly in the boar pre match (see pic) and he was well oiled in the railway post match.

Justin was due to play a charity match today and must have struggled.

John Watson and Dan cowen were also there.

Great to see new chairman and others so visible.

Completely different to the previous incumbent, who was never engaged with fans.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240728_232629_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240728_232629_com.whatsapp.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 115
Just saw this so I have submitted an update. Might need a few to submit to get it corrected though

Attachments

• IMG_5531.jpeg
    IMG_5531.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 180
Having a clean at home and come across these
Seems recycling is to good so any ideas what I can do with them? IMG_1340.jpeg

Spoke to Justin briefly in the boar pre match (see pic) and he was well oiled in the railway post match.

Justin was due to play a charity match today and must have struggled.

John Watson and Dan cowen were also there.

Great to see new chairman and others so visible.

Completely different to the previous incumbent, who was never engaged with fans.
In fairness to The rat early days he did, I remember many saying they had his mobile and how good he was on correspondence . Also when I had to move my S/t from the East to West cannot remember why the club did this , he made sure my oldman who was not the most mobile (Though would have given Gordon Connelly a decent race 😂) got a seat suitable for his needs and met us to ensure we were happy
No one was complaining when he gave free travel to away games
Things went down in the past 7-8 years but prior to that he was engaging just a bull shooter in the end
Not saying he shouldn’t be held to account, but not all was bad, similar COSU making right noises but end of the day they are here to make money, if/ when times get hard then we will see the true identity of the business men x

In fairness to The rat early days he did, I remember many saying they had his mobile and how good he was on correspondence . Also when I had to move my S/t from the East to West cannot remember why the club did this , he made sure my oldman who was not the most mobile (Though would have given Gordon Connelly a decent race 😂) got a seat suitable for his needs and met us to ensure we were happy
No one was complaining when he gave free travel to away games
Things went down in the past 7-8 years but prior to that he was engaging just a bull shooter in the end
Not saying he shouldn’t be held to account, but not all was bad, similar COSU making right noises but end of the day they are here to make money, if/ when times get hard then we will see the true identity of the business men x
Leaving aside your experience of how RM projected his persona in the early days of his tenure I would take issue when you talk about COSU in it to make money. RM was all about the pot of gold which he believed would come home to roost very quickly and the Football Club was very much a means to an end.
I would suggest as successful business men individually then COSU would have far easier ways to make money than invest in running Southend United. COSU are here to save and secure the future of the Club and as openly stated achieve financial stability. I doubt very much if any future 'personal' return on their individual financial input would be considered attractive in an outside commercial venture. These guys really aren't chasing a return but naturally would never bleed themselves dry after all they are funding things in a conventional way not a convoluted one that we have just emerged from. I hope and believe these guys will deliver for you, me and all us Shrimpers in the long term, enjoy the Season

Leaving aside your experience of how RM projected his persona in the early days of his tenure I would take issue when you talk about COSU in it to make money. RM was all about the pot of gold which he believed would come home to roost very quickly and the Football Club was very much a means to an end.
I would suggest as successful business men individually then COSU would have far easier ways to make money than invest in running Southend United. COSU are here to save and secure the future of the Club and as openly stated achieve financial stability. I doubt very much if any future 'personal' return on their individual financial input would be considered attractive in an outside commercial venture. These guys really aren't chasing a return but naturally would never bleed themselves dry after all they are funding things in a conventional way not a convoluted one that we have just emerged from. I hope and believe these guys will deliver for you, me and all us Shrimpers in the long term, enjoy the Season
If you take issue on an opinion then I would suggest you get a thicker skin x
As said early days and they are on the crest of a wave with fans, when tough decisions need to be made , let’s see who stands shoulder to shoulder .
Personally love to see them continue the great work, but if/ when fans grumble how they deal with it will be interesting
Love n peace

If you take issue on an opinion then I would suggest you get a thicker skin x
As said early days and they are on the crest of a wave with fans, when tough decisions need to be made , let’s see who stands shoulder to shoulder .
Personally love to see them continue the great work, but if/ when fans grumble how they deal with it will be interesting
Love n peace
Life is all about opinions and respect your right to express yours. I don't think it's a case of needing to be more thick skinned I just can't concur with the view that COSU's involvement was based on a vision of personal financial gain. Yes I agree they are riding a crest of a wave at the moment and they no doubt will going forward make a decision that will not please some of us but I believe if they continue to engage with the Trust and the wider fanbase they would not create a senerio where they alienate themselves in the same manner as our previous owner. Let's just agree to enjoy the renaissance of the Shrimpers together, let's face it it's long overdue after all! 🤝

Back