• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isaac Hutchinson

I find it quite funny that Ralph and GSM are probably our two best players in the air and both are pretty short.
It’s a development thing firstly….taller young players tend not to have to work at that part of the game at all and don’t develop it because they win him headers without having to jump….it’s also a skill and the timing and ability to get up early and use the other player as leverage is highly difficult….it’s not just as simple as jump higher than the other bloke and you win headers.

I remember saying the first time I saw Ralph that he was incredible in the air and a future player of the year….I still rate him very highly.

It’s a development thing firstly….taller young players tend not to have to work at that part of the game at all and don’t develop it because they win him headers without having to jump….it’s also a skill and the timing and ability to get up early and use the other player as leverage is highly difficult….it’s not just as simple as jump higher than the other bloke and you win headers.

I remember saying the first time I saw Ralph that he was incredible in the air and a future player of the year….I still rate him very highly.
So do most of us. If he could stop breaking bits of himself that would be very nice! Seriously, with Ralph in the side as our LWB regularly we would be top of the National League by now. I'm off topic so I'm going to stand in the corner now with my hands on my head.

Wouldn't get in our current side.
Given we’re two levels below where we were for the majority of time Hutchinson was with us, and Isaac is two years further into his development as a player, it’s highly likely he’d find a way into our current set-up.

In fact, the formation that we’ve been playing in our recent good run, 3-4-1-2, would be the ideal fit for Hutchinson to be the creative force behind the front two and take some of the pressure off Jack Bridge in that respect. He fits it better than Mooney, who prefers to play as a wide forward, and from what I saw in the U23s over his time with us, was more of goal threat than Husin or Fonguck in that position (and goals from midfield is one of the aspects of our performances that many have suggested could be improved). He’d have less defensive responsibility with Miley and Taylor/Husin behind him as well.

Just a shame all of the above is hypothetical, really (and please don’t take the above as a criticism of the players we do have at the club currently, which I’m very pleased with).

Trouble is……there’s more to the game than winning the odd header that you’re not entitled to win……

Given we’re two levels below where we were for the majority of time Hutchinson was with us, and Isaac is two years further into his development as a player, it’s highly likely he’d find a way into our current set-up.

In fact, the formation that we’ve been playing in our recent good run, 3-4-1-2, would be the ideal fit for Hutchinson to be the creative force behind the front two and take some of the pressure off Jack Bridge in that respect. He fits it better than Mooney, who prefers to play as a wide forward, and from what I saw in the U23s over his time with us, was more of goal threat than Husin or Fonguck in that position (and goals from midfield is one of the aspects of our performances that many have suggested could be improved). He’d have less defensive responsibility with Miley and Taylor/Husin behind him as well.

Just a shame all of the above is hypothetical, really (and please don’t take the above as a criticism of the players we do have at the club currently, which I’m very pleased with).
You must be joking! Hutchinson not good enough to lace fonguck boots! I'd have fonguck and husin over Hutchinson all day long! All u have heard is that hes scored the odd goal but I guarantee hes still getting muscled off the ball and falling flat on his arse!! Sorry wasnt good enough for us then and still wouldn't be! Same as kelmen wouldn't have him back either.

You must be joking! Hutchinson not good enough to lace fonguck boots! I'd have fonguck and husin over Hutchinson all day long! All u have heard is that hes scored the odd goal but I guarantee hes still getting muscled off the ball and falling flat on his arse!! Sorry wasnt good enough for us then and still wouldn't be! Same as kelmen wouldn't have him back either.
There are times when less is more @Shrimpet steve , and maybe you should be thinking of using less after your latest critique.

Even allowing for the disparity in minutes played (hutchinson has played approx 50% more minutes) he’s outperforming him in every single discipline for a midfield player.

Although I’d expect him (Hutchinson) to be higher in the creative / technical departments, worryingly for Fonguck he seems to be way off Hutchinson’s numbers for tackling, heading, ball recoveries and challenges won…which I’m sure is a surprise.

853A75DA-D0C2-4862-A15C-F248E5A941D0.png

I guess now I’ll hear the stats mean nothing line….

Listen, it’s not meant to be a competition. He’s an ex player that’s all and as with many ex players people keep an eye on how they’re doing and update the thread that’s all @Shrimpet steve I’m equally sure as an ex player, Isaac always has an eye on a Southend result 👍

Even allowing for the disparity in minutes played (hutchinson has played approx 50% more minutes) he’s outperforming him in every single discipline for a midfield player.

Although I’d expect him (Hutchinson) to be higher in the creative / technical departments, worryingly for Fonguck he seems to be way off Hutchinson’s numbers for tackling, heading, ball recoveries and challenges won…which I’m sure is a surprise.

View attachment 22969

I guess now I’ll hear the stats mean nothing line….

Listen, it’s not meant to be a competition. He’s an ex player that’s all and as with many ex players people keep an eye on how they’re doing and update the thread that’s all @Shrimpet steve I’m equally sure as an ex player, Isaac always has an eye on a Southend result 👍
Which app is this?

Back