• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club/Ron have put themselves between a rock and a hard place here. A vague statement will be rightly dismissed as tripe by 99% of the fanbase and a detailed statement could set unrealistic expectations if the bridging finance isn't in place.

It's an absolute shambles all round, but I think Ron is keeping his periscope down until the loan is approved. Then he can ride in like a knight in shining armour and state that he's saved the club he f*****g loves whilst simultaneously ignoring the fact that he's the root cause of it all.

Ron needs to sell the club now or we are as good as finished!!

It’s evidently clear he can no longer finance the club and adding more debt onto an already mass debt is only going to have one outcome unfortunately, regardless of what some fans think of the FF development.

I can truly see the end of SUFC come the 1st March unless Ron sells up now.

Ask yourself why no statement yesterday or today? Post every court hearing we have heard from the club very quickly, but this time nothing. This tells me one of two likely possibilities,

1. He is still struggling to secure the loan and is worried he won’t find the money in time.

Or

2. He’s possibly sold the club and is staying tight lipped until the sale has been announced.

The silence from the club is deafening and to me tells me there is much more to this than they are letting on.
The third possibility is trying to finalise the loan and make statement then. TBH its the only statement that matters. Anything else will not be believed/be rejected anyway. This is where we are. Regrettably. If the statement doesn't say we confirm funds are now in place then not interested.

The club/Ron have put themselves between a rock and a hard place here. A vague statement will be rightly dismissed as tripe by 99% of the fanbase and a detailed statement could set unrealistic expectations if the bridging finance isn't in place.

It's an absolute shambles all round, but I think Ron is keeping his periscope down until the loan is approved. Then he can ride in like a knight in shining armour and state that he's saved the club he f*****g loves whilst simultaneously ignoring the fact that he's the root cause of it all.
Bang on.

The third possibility is trying to finalise the loan and make statement then. TBH its the only statement that matters. Anything else will not be believed/be rejected anyway. This is where we are. Regrettably. If the statement doesn't say we confirm funds are now in place then not interested.
You mean like the statement on 1st October saying the bridging loan would arrive in weeks, not months?

I think he’s run out of people to turn to for money and can you really blame anyone. Who in their right mind would lend that man money anymore with his track record, hence my previous post it’s either sell or we are finished!

Being a bit lazy here as this has, I’m sure, been answered somewhere in the 100s of post hearing posts, but if the loan happens anytime before March 1st do we still have to wait to prove that at the next hearing. I’m thinking embargo being lifted etc.

They put an indicative terms letter in front of the Judge not an agreement in principle. It’s like saying a dog is a cat...
Either way, they don't just give that over without doing a lot of Those words are banned first. It's not like this is the judges' first rodeo either, the document has legs.

All that there is left to discuss is wild theories, can only sit and wait for the ink to dry and parties to be paid. Or not.

Not really much else is there?

Nicely balanced comment, but for me, the very phrase "I'm no RM supporter" raises concerns.. Its a bit like saying "with all due respect"
As for "successful"........ when you're just one hair away from the very bottom of a the toxic cesspit that our beloved leader has sunk us into, its likely that you might be able to rise an inch or two....... before you finally drown in his sh!te. !!
We need to remember where we're at right now, AND move up two leagues before we start talking about successful.
That "person" just laughs at us all, and anything less than 100% opposition to him, is in my view, just enabling and supporting him.
After the previous last few years of FL existence and then the opening to our Phil Brown NL tenure we were rubbish. Maher has built a side now that competes with any side in this division and we have players that want to be successful, so to my mind we are being very successful on the playing side right now.

Being a bit lazy here as this has, I’m sure, been answered somewhere in the 100s of post hearing posts, but if the loan happens anytime before March 1st do we still have to wait to prove that at the next hearing. I’m thinking embargo being lifted etc.
I believe it has to be heard and dismissed in court before the NL will consider lifting the sanctions. That’s how it’s worked before.

Sadly if Rons says I confirm the funds are in place, its a bit like the boy cried wolf. As indicated above people would rightly struggle to believe him and Its all his own fault for constantly being economical with the truth towards such loyal and fantastic fans. If only he could manage to be genuinely upfront , truthful and inspiring, but it doesnt seem something he can learn or capture within his nature as weve learned over years of torment

If it was allowed in business practice we would need the Trust or someone else we trust to verify the evidence. Post on here the signed agreement, show us the cheque, video of Ron depositing it in the right bank account, pictures of Kevin with tears streaming down his face in delight

Or payment in coin with joyous pics of Mrs Blue counting it all up and holding a special day to thank staff and pay off debtors? and send the odd loyal stuff member on a free holiday to Bournemouth

You mean like the statement on 1st October saying the bridging loan would arrive in weeks, not months?

I think he’s run out of people to turn to for money and can you really blame anyone. Who in their right mind would lend that man money anymore with his track record, hence my previous post it’s either sell or we are finished!
The loan is clearly in process (but can, of course, until done and signed still fall apart). Denying its existence won't make it disappear. You will be so disappointed if the loan comes in. Absolutely gutted even if means we are wound up. Your dislike of Ron transcends all.

I look forward to the day Ron sells to a buyer who not only wants to take the club forward but can afford to. If that's tomorrow fantastic. I suspect it will be when the stadium is built.

But in the short term what the *club* needs is the loan sorted and the immediate financial worries settled. And that is short term the news I want to hear.

Sadly if Rons says I confirm the funds are in place, its a bit like the boy cried wolf. As indicated above people would rightly struggle to believe him and Its all his own fault for constantly being economical with the truth towards such loyal and fantastic fans. If only he could manage to be genuinely upfront , truthful and inspiring, but it doesnt seem something he can learn or capture within his nature as weve learned over years of torment

If it was allowed in business practice we would need the Trust or someone else we trust to verify the evidence. Post on here the signed agreement, show us the cheque, video of Ron depositing it in the right bank account, pictures of Kevin with tears streaming down his face in delight

Or payment in coin with joyous pics of Mrs Blue counting it all up and holding a special day to thank staff and pay off debtors? and send the odd loyal stuff member on a free holiday to Bournemouth
I think a statement from Tom saying funds have now been received will satisfy most...your right anything not saying agreement signed and funds released will not suffice.

I think a statement from Tom saying funds have now been received will satisfy most...your right anything not saying agreement signed and funds released will not suffice.
Surely, an honest statement saying exactly what happened and thanking the MP's etc wouldn't be a bad thing, would it ?

I think you have summed up the situation really well, what a mess we are in !
What gets me was our defense related to Covid and the late appearance of paperwork either the day before or on the morning of the hearing........what a way to run a buisness. I have to say I am sceptical regarding the bridging loan as who in their right mind is going to loan £5 million pounds to someone with our owners track record. The interest rate / conditions must be onerous, the mind boggles ! ! !

Well according to @Kat_r RM is loaded, and is just choosing not to pay staff, suppliers, taxman and other such bills. But, then again, that is absolutely rubbish.

I’m no RM supporter, in fact I don’t think you’ll find one amongst our supporter base, but the idea that RM has millions in the bank, sits at home on a throne and decides not to pay people is ludicrous.

RM has always managed to get finance in place, however not always in time, hence why staff have been paid late for years now, we’ve adjourned court cases, then paid on the day of the new date etc. We know he has always robbed Peter to pay Paul, however Peter hasn’t been about as much recently for RM to rob.

He isn’t a fit and proper person because he doesn’t have the funds anymore, however, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The bridging loan is for more than £5m, and is closer to landing than people think. That will keep us ticking along, paying the taxman, the staff, other debts, safety certificates etc and keep us going until the additional finances are released at certain stages during the FF project.

It’s not been great for a while has it, it’s been really bleak at times this season, and thankfully Kev & Co have kept us entertained on the pitch so it isn’t all doom and gloom. Just try to remember with all the talks of protests, and disruption etc that none of the fault lies at the feet of the people pulling on our shirt on a Saturday at pm, or 5:20pm, or midweek matches. A lot of those guys are young, quite a few are just establishing themselves at this level, some of them have never played for a club with the level of support we attract. Remember to leave the frustrations at RM and the off the field stuff at the gates of Roots Halls come kick off time. The players and staff deserve our support, and need it more than ever.

With all the horrible stuff going on off the field, we still have the chance at making it a really successful season, the most successful season in years. We are still in with a shout at promotion and a trip to Wembley. We are still in with a shout of a cup final and a trip to Wembley. Ironically, with everything that has gone on off the field, it could be our best season since the 2015 Wembley play-off final. So let’s get behind the boys, stop the nonsense on here of blaming fans for things, turning everything into a RM bashing thread (Keep the RM bashing to the RM bashing threads and not hijacking others) and do everything we can to help.
Thanks for the update Boy Wonder.

It gives me more hope that Ron can save us now. We can do this! Onto the next tax bill

I think you have summed up the situation really well, what a mess we are in !
What gets me was our defense related to Covid and the late appearance of paperwork either the day before or on the morning of the hearing........what a way to run a buisness. I have to say I am sceptical regarding the bridging loan as who in their right mind is going to loan £5 million pounds to someone with our owners track record. The interest rate / conditions must be onerous, the mind boggles ! ! !
I wouldn't lend him my pen !

Nicely balanced comment, but for me, the very phrase "I'm no RM supporter" raises concerns.. Its a bit like saying "with all due respect"
As for "successful"........ when you're just one hair away from the very bottom of a the toxic cesspit that our beloved leader has sunk us into, its likely that you might be able to rise an inch or two....... before you finally drown in his sh!te. !!
We need to remember where we're at right now, AND move up two leagues before we start talking about successful.
That "person" just laughs at us all, and anything less than 100% opposition to him, is in my view, just enabling and supporting him.

If I didn’t put “I’m no RM supporter” because the post was positive, and not the doom and gloom we’ve been reading for years, then I’d have been accused of being a RM supporter, or RM himself.

Success is relative to the Club, and the situation they find themselves in. Yes, we were an established EFL side, bouncing between League One & Two, and the odd stay in the Championship, but because that’s where we’ve been it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be at Wembley celebrating an FA Trophy win, or a promotion via the play-offs.

Sheffield Wednesday, massive former PL side, now in League One. Ask their fans if they’d celebrate a Papa John’s win, or a League One promotion. Ask Ipswich fans the same question. Winning trophies/titles/promotions still deserve to be celebrated regardless of the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back