• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fans deserve 2 statements asap...

1. Where we are with the bridging finance, when the HMRC debt will be settled and what the bridging finance means for the club and its employees over the coming months?

2. The Chairman's exit strategy. What is the earliest point he exits our club and how does that look?

1. Where we are with the bridging finance, when the HMRC debt will be settled and what the bridging finance means for the club and its employees over the coming months?

2. The Chairman's exit strategy. What is the earliest point he exits our club and how does that look?
We might get a nibble on No1, but I think we can kiss our arses goodbye expecting an answer to No 2.

Agreed, but we’ve got more chance of winning the league this season than getting the second of these. Even the first is only likely after the event.

The loan is clearly in process (but can, of course, until done and signed still fall apart). Denying its existence won't make it disappear. You will be so disappointed if the loan comes in. Absolutely gutted even if means we are wound up. Your dislike of Ron transcends all.

I look forward to the day Ron sells to a buyer who not only wants to take the club forward but can afford to. If that's tomorrow fantastic. I suspect it will be when the stadium is built.

But in the short term what the *club* needs is the loan sorted and the immediate financial worries settled. And that is short term the news I want to hear.
You think I want our club to be wound up? Why on earth would I want that?

Yes I do have a strong dislike for Ron for how he’s destroyed the club and i do not believe a word the guy says so if you want to believe the loan will be on its way in the next few weeks along with a few others on here then you do so. I and a lot of the fan base however have long given up on Ron’s word, I find that way I don’t end up as disappointed by his broken promises anymore.

The guy is a born liar and how a selection of our fans still believe anything the man says truly astounds me.

As I said, the only way out of this mess is for Ron to sell now.

We’ve not received an acknowledgment to the statement (nor other communications) from the club or the owner as yet. We’re naturally disappointed with this.

Discussions are continuous amongst the Trust Board, and we welcome any supporter input via our website, email address, or DM on any social including SZ. We also monitor public conversations on social media and message boards.

We already consider a club statement on proceedings yesterday to be overdue, but if there is no update by the beginning of next week, then the Trust will make a further announcement.

We’ve not received an acknowledgment to the statement (nor other communications) from the club or the owner as yet. We’re naturally disappointed with this.

Discussions are continuous amongst the Trust Board, and we welcome any supporter input via our website, email address, or DM on any social including SZ. We also monitor public conversations on social media and message boards.

We already consider a club statement on proceedings yesterday to be overdue, but if there is no update by the beginning of next week, then the Trust will make a further announcement.
Out of interest at what point do the trust fully adopt a Martin Out agenda and engage with the planned protests on the 28th?

why are people so agitated that there is no statement when even if one comes out no one will believe a word of it anyway?

Because it keeps things ticking along. So that when there’s a bump in the road the cocked gun can be fired with no concern where the bullets end up

Can't see a point to a statement as it won't tell us anything we don't know and everything else will be dismissed as a lie

I've said it once and I'll say it again!! Its not in Ron's interest to let us get wound up! He stands to make a packet from Fossetts! This thread is pointless and annoying! Everyone knows ron always pays.

why are people so agitated that there is no statement when even if one comes out no one will believe a word of it anyway?
Surely it’s common courtesy and good practice at the very least to explain to fans of their club how it isn’t going to be liquidated in 41 days?

Whether people believe a statement or not it’s not acceptable to just remain silent. This isn’t a trivial matter like the colour of next seasons kit.

That’s the problem with this club. We have had so many dire moments like this, dicing with death so many times, that this is almost treated as not even newsworthy by some. At other clubs this would cause carnage amongst fans.

Whether you are confident or not that Ron finds the money by 1st March, fans are well within their rights to demand answers in this very significant period in our history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back