• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the morning after the night before. And we're still here. Most points raised already so I'll not go over old ground.
Just a few points.
Whilst it's true the council are keen to get the housing numbers up I think it's unfair to view them like the council in Vic Jobson's day as being anti SUFC. I thought many of them spoke quite eloquently about the need for a professional club in the town and have played their part in granting planning permission and amending bits of Victory Sports Ground and Jones Memorial Ground to support the plans.
One thing I think Ron wants is a legacy. That legacy is not hopefully that under his custodianship the club ceased to exist. The legacy is "I built this ground which is fantastic. I said I would, you doubted me but I did it". If he delivers many me included would see it as a near miracle.
I don't think either he wants his son's life tainted by being the son of that **** who killed the club. I hope I'm right.

With any luck I should be elected to Rochford District Council this May, so I will be doing what I can find out further info since part of the development falls into RDC

Good luck with that. I guess your some sort of Liberal, lefty green type candidate.....Who wants more recognition for the 72 different genders.

I went to that presentation at the Blues lounge about 6/7 years ago when BL were going to build Cinema etc. It seemed they hadn't considered the obvious problem of extra traffic. The head of SBC said they had been pushing for a new relief road from FF to Tescos for over 20 years.

They would have a new Warners bridge and could have picked up all the airport traffic. the problem is part of it would have been on Rochfords land and they refused and were proud of it.

Every time i'm stuck in traffic clutching through Rochford I think of those narrow minded idiots who are poisoning their own people.

The planning for the airport expansion and to a lesser degree FF shows the 2 councils can work together. There are difficulties joining Warner's bridge to Fossets Way just look at a map but they are not insurmountable. Like everything it would cost and in the scheme of things is it a priority. There is already a junction off the small roundabout by Tesco from St Lawrence Way leading from to the A127, and one at the top of Fossets Way heading East to the north of Garons Park so theoretically there is the possibility of a northern ring linking east and west. Not the fabled new road from Shoebury linking the A130 but a useful cut through avoiding the existing roads.

Good luck with that. I guess your some sort of Liberal, lefty green type candidate.....Who wants more recognition for the 72 different genders.

I went to that presentation at the Blues lounge about 6/7 years ago when BL were going to build Cinema etc. It seemed they hadn't considered the obvious problem of extra traffic. The head of SBC said they had been pushing for a new relief road from FF to Tescos for over 20 years.

They would have a new Warners bridge and could have picked up all the airport traffic. the problem is part of it would have been on Rochfords land and they refused and were proud of it.

Every time i'm stuck in traffic clutching through Rochford I think of those narrow minded idiots who are poisoning their own people.
How dare you call RDC narrow-minded idiots.....they're far worse than that!

I think we’ll get the finance facility and will be able to limp on.

This isn’t the end of it though. Using a loan to settle historic debts and help bail out the working capital requirements rarely work out well.

Well according to @Kat_r RM is loaded, and is just choosing not to pay staff, suppliers, taxman and other such bills. But, then again, that is absolutely rubbish.

I’m no RM supporter, in fact I don’t think you’ll find one amongst our supporter base, but the idea that RM has millions in the bank, sits at home on a throne and decides not to pay people is ludicrous.

RM has always managed to get finance in place, however not always in time, hence why staff have been paid late for years now, we’ve adjourned court cases, then paid on the day of the new date etc. We know he has always robbed Peter to pay Paul, however Peter hasn’t been about as much recently for RM to rob.

He isn’t a fit and proper person because he doesn’t have the funds anymore, however, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The bridging loan is for more than £5m, and is closer to landing than people think. That will keep us ticking along, paying the taxman, the staff, other debts, safety certificates etc and keep us going until the additional finances are released at certain stages during the FF project.

It’s not been great for a while has it, it’s been really bleak at times this season, and thankfully Kev & Co have kept us entertained on the pitch so it isn’t all doom and gloom. Just try to remember with all the talks of protests, and disruption etc that none of the fault lies at the feet of the people pulling on our shirt on a Saturday at pm, or 5:20pm, or midweek matches. A lot of those guys are young, quite a few are just establishing themselves at this level, some of them have never played for a club with the level of support we attract. Remember to leave the frustrations at RM and the off the field stuff at the gates of Roots Halls come kick off time. The players and staff deserve our support, and need it more than ever.

With all the horrible stuff going on off the field, we still have the chance at making it a really successful season, the most successful season in years. We are still in with a shout at promotion and a trip to Wembley. We are still in with a shout of a cup final and a trip to Wembley. Ironically, with everything that has gone on off the field, it could be our best season since the 2015 Wembley play-off final. So let’s get behind the boys, stop the nonsense on here of blaming fans for things, turning everything into a RM bashing thread (Keep the RM bashing to the RM bashing threads and not hijacking others) and do everything we can to help.
Let hope you are right about the loan that are closer than we think, as I want it to be sorted, plus I am sure he wouldn’t want his son well know as “son of the b*****ds who killed the club” in eyes of many.

Let hope you are right about the loan that are closer than we think, as I want it to be sorted, plus I am sure he wouldn’t want his son well know as “son of the b*****ds who killed the club” in eyes of many.
It's not about hope, they put an agreement in principal in front of a judge yesterday. No lender would put that out without the majority of all hurdles cleared.

The only thing to discuss now is when we will clear all HMRC debt and who wins the prize of biggest Ron Martin hater.

I think we’ll get the finance facility and will be able to limp on.

This isn’t the end of it though. Using a loan to settle historic debts and help bail out the working capital requirements rarely work out well.
Without the massive property development that is FF & RH you would be absolutely correct. In other circumstances it would be unsustainable.

Indeed MPs have no obligation of course to support the club but any MP worth their seat will understand that it’s important to be seen to be backing it, if only from a community perspective. Mark Francois has been a few times even though he’s Rayleigh and Wickford (he’s more a rugby man)
Interestingly, the MP's have it in their gift to take some responsibility to support clubs in difficult positions. No doubt not a priority given the state of the nation, but they ought to be making sure that the report published in 2022 is acted on and implemented in full - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...elivering-major-reform-of-football-in-england

Without getting political, this has been on the agenda for a long time, and kicked down the road a bit following the sad demises of both Bury and Macclesfield, and the much more high profile rogue plans of the premiership clubs wanting to create a new European league. Also, every club who has suffered at the hands of terrible (asset stripping) owners will have had fans contacting their MPs for help and support to get these people out of our clubs for years.

Clearly, should the recommendations finally end up in legislation, owners like RM and co would undoubtedly not pass enhanced fit and proper tests, and fans of smaller clubs like ours will have a lot more say in how the clubs are run.

It's not about hope, they put an agreement in principal in front of a judge yesterday. No lender would put that out without the majority of all hurdles cleared.

The only thing to discuss now is when we will clear all HMRC debt and who wins the prize of biggest Ron Martin hater.
They put an indicative terms letter in front of the Judge not an agreement in principle. It’s like saying a dog is a cat...

Well according to @Kat_r RM is loaded, and is just choosing not to pay staff, suppliers, taxman and other such bills. But, then again, that is absolutely rubbish.

I’m no RM supporter, in fact I don’t think you’ll find one amongst our supporter base, but the idea that RM has millions in the bank, sits at home on a throne and decides not to pay people is ludicrous.

RM has always managed to get finance in place, however not always in time, hence why staff have been paid late for years now, we’ve adjourned court cases, then paid on the day of the new date etc. We know he has always robbed Peter to pay Paul, however Peter hasn’t been about as much recently for RM to rob.

He isn’t a fit and proper person because he doesn’t have the funds anymore, however, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The bridging loan is for more than £5m, and is closer to landing than people think. That will keep us ticking along, paying the taxman, the staff, other debts, safety certificates etc and keep us going until the additional finances are released at certain stages during the FF project.

It’s not been great for a while has it, it’s been really bleak at times this season, and thankfully Kev & Co have kept us entertained on the pitch so it isn’t all doom and gloom. Just try to remember with all the talks of protests, and disruption etc that none of the fault lies at the feet of the people pulling on our shirt on a Saturday at pm, or 5:20pm, or midweek matches. A lot of those guys are young, quite a few are just establishing themselves at this level, some of them have never played for a club with the level of support we attract. Remember to leave the frustrations at RM and the off the field stuff at the gates of Roots Halls come kick off time. The players and staff deserve our support, and need it more than ever.

With all the horrible stuff going on off the field, we still have the chance at making it a really successful season, the most successful season in years. We are still in with a shout at promotion and a trip to Wembley. We are still in with a shout of a cup final and a trip to Wembley. Ironically, with everything that has gone on off the field, it could be our best season since the 2015 Wembley play-off final. So let’s get behind the boys, stop the nonsense on here of blaming fans for things, turning everything into a RM bashing thread (Keep the RM bashing to the RM bashing threads and not hijacking others) and do everything we can to help

Nicely balanced comment, but for me, the very phrase "I'm no RM supporter" raises concerns.. Its a bit like saying "with all due respect"
As for "successful"........ when you're just one hair away from the very bottom of a the toxic cesspit that our beloved leader has sunk us into, its likely that you might be able to rise an inch or two....... before you finally drown in his sh!te. !!
We need to remember where we're at right now, AND move up two leagues before we start talking about successful.
That "person" just laughs at us all, and anything less than 100% opposition to him, is in my view, just enabling and supporting him.

Ron needs to sell the club now or we are as good as finished!!

It’s evidently clear he can no longer finance the club and adding more debt onto an already mass debt is only going to have one outcome unfortunately, regardless of what some fans think of the FF development.

I can truly see the end of SUFC come the 1st March unless Ron sells up now.

Ask yourself why no statement yesterday or today? Post every court hearing we have heard from the club very quickly, but this time nothing. This tells me one of two likely possibilities,

1. He is still struggling to secure the loan and is worried he won’t find the money in time.

Or

2. He’s possibly sold the club and is staying tight lipped until the sale has been announced.

The silence from the club is deafening and to me tells me there is much more to this than they are letting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back