• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want people to do, kill him? We've had protests on the pitch, outside the ground, people outside his house. He can be in no doubt about the strength of feeling.

How can we make him sell the club when he has millions coming his way in a couple of months?

The inference that the fans are somehow at fault for not making him sell is irritating.
Ref your first line, I’m sure many would say “yes please “….. but I would not condone that sort of malarkey .

I was going to refer to my previous post regarding this in another thread but it appears to have been deleted along with the thread. Ron has given a grand total of £5k.

£2k to the Conservative party (Rochford and Southend East) in 2017
£3k to James Duddridge in 2019

Its very well laid out for all to see (until this post gets deleted) on the Electoral Commissions website with all funds declared promptly.

I wonder if Ron has infiltrated the moderators and admins group yet …?? I do hope that we don’t see a trend of deleting posts that cast malignant Martin in a negative light.

Presumably one of the reasons why the fabled 'bridging loan' has not yet been finalised is because the accounts have not yet been filed and the prospective lender wishes to see them. This is Catch 22 for Martin who can't afford to pay the accountants yet if he did it would reveal the club to be in an even worse state than anyone realised and would probably sabotage any prospect of a loan.

Presumably one of the reasons why the fabled 'bridging loan' has not yet been finalised is because the accounts have not yet been filed and the prospective lender wishes to see them. This is Catch 22 for Martin who can't afford to pay the accountants yet if he did it would reveal the club to be in an even worse state than anyone realised and would probably sabotage any prospect of a loan.

Well according to @Kat_r RM is loaded, and is just choosing not to pay staff, suppliers, taxman and other such bills. But, then again, that is absolutely rubbish.

I’m no RM supporter, in fact I don’t think you’ll find one amongst our supporter base, but the idea that RM has millions in the bank, sits at home on a throne and decides not to pay people is ludicrous.

RM has always managed to get finance in place, however not always in time, hence why staff have been paid late for years now, we’ve adjourned court cases, then paid on the day of the new date etc. We know he has always robbed Peter to pay Paul, however Peter hasn’t been about as much recently for RM to rob.

He isn’t a fit and proper person because he doesn’t have the funds anymore, however, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The bridging loan is for more than £5m, and is closer to landing than people think. That will keep us ticking along, paying the taxman, the staff, other debts, safety certificates etc and keep us going until the additional finances are released at certain stages during the FF project.

It’s not been great for a while has it, it’s been really bleak at times this season, and thankfully Kev & Co have kept us entertained on the pitch so it isn’t all doom and gloom. Just try to remember with all the talks of protests, and disruption etc that none of the fault lies at the feet of the people pulling on our shirt on a Saturday at pm, or 5:20pm, or midweek matches. A lot of those guys are young, quite a few are just establishing themselves at this level, some of them have never played for a club with the level of support we attract. Remember to leave the frustrations at RM and the off the field stuff at the gates of Roots Halls come kick off time. The players and staff deserve our support, and need it more than ever.

With all the horrible stuff going on off the field, we still have the chance at making it a really successful season, the most successful season in years. We are still in with a shout at promotion and a trip to Wembley. We are still in with a shout of a cup final and a trip to Wembley. Ironically, with everything that has gone on off the field, it could be our best season since the 2015 Wembley play-off final. So let’s get behind the boys, stop the nonsense on here of blaming fans for things, turning everything into a RM bashing thread (Keep the RM bashing to the RM bashing threads and not hijacking others) and do everything we can to help.

Two ways of looking at that.

A) Its good to see them support their club. We have moved on from the days of Southend Councillors openly stating they don't want football in the town. Which is the reason Vic threatened the Basildon move and run up too many debts as the years ticked by.
Also about 7 years ago some Rochford Councillors boasted they didn't like Ron and would do their best to block the stadium.

B) Now the project involves nearly 2000 houses is the only reason MP's are taking an interest. The football club is way down the list.
It solves a lot of personnel headaches for them. That amount could be spread over 30 different sites and that means 30 different NIMBY groups pestering their local MP's.

Either way the longterm outcome will be good for us fans. The faster we see houses the faster we get a new owner.
With any luck I should be elected to Rochford District Council this May, so I will be doing what I can find out further info since part of the development falls into RDC

Ron isn’t on Twitter. It is a parody account in his name 🤔
Did
Well according to @Kat_r RM is loaded, and is just choosing not to pay staff, suppliers, taxman and other such bills. But, then again, that is absolutely rubbish.

I’m no RM supporter, in fact I don’t think you’ll find one amongst our supporter base, but the idea that RM has millions in the bank, sits at home on a throne and decides not to pay people is ludicrous.

RM has always managed to get finance in place, however not always in time, hence why staff have been paid late for years now, we’ve adjourned court cases, then paid on the day of the new date etc. We know he has always robbed Peter to pay Paul, however Peter hasn’t been about as much recently for RM to rob.

He isn’t a fit and proper person because he doesn’t have the funds anymore, however, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The bridging loan is for more than £5m, and is closer to landing than people think. That will keep us ticking along, paying the taxman, the staff, other debts, safety certificates etc and keep us going until the additional finances are released at certain stages during the FF project.

It’s not been great for a while has it, it’s been really bleak at times this season, and thankfully Kev & Co have kept us entertained on the pitch so it isn’t all doom and gloom. Just try to remember with all the talks of protests, and disruption etc that none of the fault lies at the feet of the people pulling on our shirt on a Saturday at pm, or 5:20pm, or midweek matches. A lot of those guys are young, quite a few are just establishing themselves at this level, some of them have never played for a club with the level of support we attract. Remember to leave the frustrations at RM and the off the field stuff at the gates of Roots Halls come kick off time. The players and staff deserve our support, and need it more than ever.

With all the horrible stuff going on off the field, we still have the chance at making it a really successful season, the most successful season in years. We are still in with a shout at promotion and a trip to Wembley. We are still in with a shout of a cup final and a trip to Wembley. Ironically, with everything that has gone on off the field, it could be our best season since the 2015 Wembley play-off final. So let’s get behind the boys, stop the nonsense on here of blaming fans for things, turning everything into a RM bashing thread (Keep the RM bashing to the RM bashing threads and not hijacking others) and do everything we can to help.
Well said.

Maybe football isn't his thing - but he's done his bit today and shown up. Ron hasn't managed to get the money, but has played about the strongest hand he could today in the circumstances.
Indeed MPs have no obligation of course to support the club but any MP worth their seat will understand that it’s important to be seen to be backing it, if only from a community perspective. Mark Francois has been a few times even though he’s Rayleigh and Wickford (he’s more a rugby man)

I’ll take my chances. If some **** does, I will have my mobile phone records etc to prove my location at the time. As I live in London, the odds of me not being able to use modern methods to prove my innocence are rare. But I am touched by your concern. Are you free for a steak dinner next Wednesday?
Steak dinner?! Poor man’s TrueBlue mate 😂

What do you want people to do, kill him? We've had protests on the pitch, outside the ground, people outside his house. He can be in no doubt about the strength of feeling.

How can we make him sell the club when he has millions coming his way in a couple of months?

The inference that the fans are somehow at fault for not making him sell is irritating.

I'm not blaming the fans one bit.

There's only 1 person who takes responsibility for this disaster. Although some fans should be ashamed of themselves being pro Ron. They've encouraged gambling with the clubs existence to be acceptable.

I just feel like he's had an easy ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back