• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Hartlepool United 0-0 Southend United

I think it was Walker he pulled back.

For others calling for Noor to start on Tues. I get it, the Noor, Miley, Coker trio might be our best bet in midfield. But I'm not sure if Noor should be rushed back - so if he's on the bench again I wouldn't be slagging kev off for being defensive
Agree. Would rather get 45 out of noor and have him available for the rest of the year rather than risking an injury

I personally have no problem with Kev's team selection for places and teams that play like Hartlepool. Not conceding before H/T is also a tick from me.

The fact that players put free headers wide or can't hit the target from les than 6yds doesn't mean tactics or team selection is at fault. We created more easy chances than we did last year v Oldham at home and Dagenham away...combined. By the way you can't drop 2 points if you don't score. Yes we should have won all 3 in that last 15. Frustrating but not through lack effort or choice of subs etc

Massive over reaction by some about 2 draws in August. The lads will feel the pressure about not scoring so lets get behind the lads v Boston. Collective groans on the first mistake or flat RH wont help. If we are the best fans in the NL then lets prove it and the season will lift off on Tuesday night.

Safe journey back for the 300.

Last edited:
I personally have no problem with Kev's team selection for places and teams that play like Hartlepool. Not conceding before H/T is also a tick from me.

The fact that players put free headers wide or can't hit the target from les than 6yds doesn't mean tactics or team selection is at fault. We created more easy chances than we did last year v Oldham at home and Dagenham away...combined. By the way you can't drop 2 points if you don't score. Yes we should have won all 3 in that last 15. Frustrating but not through lack effort or choice of subs etc

Massive over reaction by some about 2 draws in August. There lads will feel the pressure about not scoring so lets get behind the lads v Boston. Collective groans on the first mistake or flat RH wont help. If we are the best fans in the NL then lets prove it and the season will lift off on Tuesday night.

All of this

I think the brief might have been keep it tight for the first few games, we have a tough start , without many key signings , and some that have gone elsewhere.

Once we get a couple more in the door then we can push on, if that is from an unbeaten platform then that’ll do for me considering where we have been.

A play off position at the end of the season , considering our hampered start to the recruitment would be a good result for me, and no one would want to face us in the play offs if that’s where we finish

Massive over reaction by some about 2 draws in August. The lads will feel the pressure about not scoring so lets get behind the lads v Boston. Collective groans on the first mistake or flat RH wont help. If we are the best fans in the NL then lets prove it and the season will lift off on Tuesday night.

Has someone jumped on your PC while you were having a nap?.

I could actually see what Kev was doing keeping the same back five today. It gave us a good, solid foundation and Kev was clearly wary of Hartlepool coming out all guns blazing and getting balls in the box from out wide to Dieseruvwe. In addition he is very aware that we are not yet into our stride due to the late lifting of the embargo etc, and maybe a feeling that his players are a tad undercooked physically.
However, without the creative spark in midfield who we are all crying out for (Husin was excellent when he came on and provided that for the last 30 mins) we were always going to find it difficult to create much.
However, after the sending off and with the positive changes that Kev made, we were excellent. But for some poor finishing we could have run out 3 or 4 nil winners. Bridge and Husin seemed to instantly develop a good understanding on the left hand side which caused Pools problems.

No overreaction from me. We're going to be slow burners, but I still maintain that will come good and see big improvements over the coming months.

The main disappointment for me today was Morton. I hope there's more to come from him as we're going to certainly need all our squad firing when the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in.

I wouldn't want my earlier comments seen as criticism of the squad. I used the words annoyed, frustrated and disappointed and that's exactly how I imagine the players felt following that game. Tuesday night can't come quickly enough. A great chance to put things right and hopefully provide a confidence booster.

Our fanbase is mental…I knew we’d turn on the team eventually but didn’t realise it would be so soon after surviving Ron. The comments on twitter and some here about this result are ridiculous!
Do we go up this year? Probably not! Have we got a club to be proud of? Yes!
Totally agree, that’s why I came off here a few months ago, too much moaning

Hummm! I couldn't find our commentary. I didn't spend too much time trying because I was more interested in watching the game. Whatever link I tried all I could get was the list of game commentaries, which couldn't be clicked upon and one commentary available above (I think it was a NL S/N game), which worked. I failed to get the normal list of commentaries, which you move horizontally to find our game.

Hummm! I couldn't find our commentary. I didn't spend too much time trying because I was more interested in watching the game. Whatever link I tried all I could get was the list of game commentaries, which couldn't be clicked upon and one commentary available above (I think it was a NL S/N game), which worked. I failed to get the normal list of commentaries, which you move horizontally to find our game.

That doesn't seem to be there anymore. Above the list of commentaries there is now a button that says "watch & listen", when you click it, it opens up a gallery like page where you can find the commentaries

1723924246012.png
1723924269461.png

I am not turning against our team, for me, I am just frustrated we didn’t get the win, given our chances in last 30 mins. I hope we can nick any win against Boston on Tuesday night and KM set up an attacking line up.

Totally agree, that’s why I came off here a few months ago, too much moaning
Which is why it's so important that you do keep posting. Most of the moaning is done by the minority and the majority stay silent, so balanced views of all things on here is vital.

Back