• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Hartlepool United 0-0 Southend United

I get the frustration but you can't rest on should have's and maybe's. He knew he was on a yellow, deserved or not, and he decided to pull back a player. As captain, he should know better. As already mentioned, Miley was rightfully booked and played a very assured game thereafter. He never gave the ref an opportunity to give him a second yellow. If any ref was going to dish out a second yellow, it was him. Waterfall should have realised that.

On a different note. We can tell you don't really want Mancini, come on, admit it. So we'll happily have him if you want 😏
Great post mate, you’re right, he should have been a little more savvy especially when we had plenty of players back to cover.

As for Mancini, he had a great spell at the club initially until his injury. We’re waiting & hoping he finds that form again as he is a game changer. Last season at Chesterfield we were 2-0 up after 6 minutes, Mancini went off injured soon after and we lost 3-2, our season imploded after that.

I understand that mate, my point is that he shouldn’t have been on his first yellow card as the ref admitted he got that decision wrong, so the shirt pulling incident should have been his first yellow.
TBf he should have been off before HT. after the first booking whether right or wrong he took Cardwell out down in the corner which arguably should have been a second yellow. As for the second one as captain you have to be disciplined so whether the first was wrong or not is irrelevant. Once booked you have to be careful. In the end it was a poor 0-0 draw. We should have won in the end but credit to your boys for digging in

Your number 9 should have been red carded in the warm up for having such lustrous/luxuriant hair! We were discussing which 70’s AOR band he would have been lead singer for, Kansas, Styx, we finally decided on Chicago, Peter Cetera version. Personally I could replace Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins, I’ve got the head covered just not his talent.

People complaining of people having a moan. Yes it's two unbeaten and we are ahead of last year.

The frustrating thing is that we are obviously lacking bodies and the general style of play is not to lose rather than win.

Personally think we would have lost that yesterday had they had 11 men. Maybe not but more than likely.

We start the game with our most influential player on the bench, that after playing him in centre midfield the previous week.

Lets see how we get on when we sign additional attacking players but this style of football will lose more games than it wins.

Bring on Boston and let's actually have a go on the front foot against the early whipping boys

Interesting to see we took 364 back in March for a mid table nothing game. Yesterday in a brand bright new era was 302, expected more. Guess it is still the holiday season and also a result of 4 consecutive away Saturday’s.
Good to see Hartlepool had netted over the first two rows of seats. Avoided the problems of last season when the walkway at the front blocked the view for many. Also causing standing congregation behind the goal blocking views and heated arguments.

Some stats again.

Expected goals : 🔵 0.74 - 0.98 🔴
Possession : 🔵 37% - 63% 🔴
Total shots : 🔵 10 - 13 🔴
On target : 🔵 3 - 3 🔴
Passes : 🔵 218 - 413 🔴

Much better 2nd half but need to be finishing these chances

Yes it was 0-0 but claims of 10 men behind the ball, not going for the win, subs that can't change a game etc is total nonsense. If you claim tat then you couldn't have been watching live, watching on TV or listening on the radio. Either that or you haven't got clue what you were looking at.
Spot on. Despite the seemingly negative line up, we were tremendously positive and bossed both halves I thought and created a lot of chances. First half GSM was pushed right up like last season and put in a few delicious crosses. Second half Husins interplay with bridge and Ralph was superb and we created stuff in the final third.

Interesting to see we took 364 back in March for a mid table nothing game. Yesterday in a brand bright new era was 302, expected more. Guess it is still the holiday season and also a result of 4 consecutive away Saturday’s.
Good to see Hartlepool had netted over the first two rows of seats. Avoided the problems of last season when the walkway at the front blocked the view for many. Also causing standing congregation behind the goal blocking views and heated arguments.
It was a great atmosphere. First time up there for me and I liked their ground. Very friendly lot too. Looking forward to Fylde as it’s another ground I haven’t been to.

I genuinely think this says a lot … at some point the away support like the home support will average out once it’s obvious there is no crest of a wave … we are in our fourth ( I think ) season in non league football we need to stop with this easy mentality of ‘we’ve had it hard’ we are Southend United a proper club let’s get out of this ****ing dump and soon before it all gets to regular

I think the reason for the netted seats is because the owner didn’t want to go to the expense of replacing the broken ones. To be fair to him the fact is being in the NL there’s little chance of visiting fans selling out the Rink End (capacity around 1000), so why bother repairing them. York sold out their allocation last season but York is only an hour away.

Attacking wise I decided not to go to about 6-7 games at home last year because it just depressed me it was boring lethargic null of any attacking flair or even, and this year is this plus some, after doing 580 miles yesterday I’ve already decided I’m not going to Barnet I simply just don’t enjoy it. Yesterday was criminal that we didn’t get the win and again I genuinely can’t remember the keeper saving anything if we did get an attempt all our efforts were off target, half arsed and tentative .

I just want to go to football with hope and excitement and not leave with dispear and disappointment
Really? Last season we scored 46 goals at home - only 5 teams scored more home goals in the NL. We won 13 games out of 23.

I’m with Mr Browns Ghost. We did score a lot of goals at home last season, but after beating Chesterfield in mid November, of the remaining 13 home games, in 8 of them we either failed to score or just managed the one , 4 of each.

I do a 3 hour trip each way for home games and it’s pretty disheartening spending £45 on train fares to see just one or two shots on target. Perhaps I just pick the wrong games.

Back