• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/05/how-remain-failed-inside-story-doomed-campaign

This article gives an insight as to how the Remain camp was run, and offers some insight as to what went wrong.

Yes, I'm sure I read it at the time, just to depress myself a little more.............

"Stronger In’s head of strategy, Ryan Coetzee, had run the Liberal Democrat 2015 election campaign."

...........say no more!

"The financial crisis led not to a redistribution of power and greater economic security but to austerity, coupled with apparent immunity for the elite from any consequences of their prior mismanagement. The unique opportunity of a referendum was to give voters the option of punishing a generation of politics, regardless of party allegiance."

Totally agree. The shame is, eventually, the majority of 'just managing' voters who supported Brexit in the hope of change and the belief that, things couldn't get worse, will sadly find out that they can.........and probably will. Neither May nor Brexit is going to improve their lot and even their wished for clearing out 'the swamp' of east european immigrants isn't going to happen any time soon. What's going to happen when they find they've been sold a pup?
In the end I don't hold the stronger in campaign mainly responsible, they were dealt a pretty rotten hand. For me, that blame falls totally on the shoulders of that pathetic, weak arrogant t**d of a man called Cameron. Anyway, none of this deals with the suspected sinister manipulations going on in modern day politics.

Ooooh, looky here. From The Granuad no less.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/nov/15/google-commits-to-massive-new-london-hq

I could spend hours cherry picking articles like that from various source but really, what's the point? It does seem to be the done thing on here now. Quote this and that from your beloved biased rag and personally have absolutely nothing meaningful to add to the debate.

Now I see Mr Grey himself has wandered out of the wilderness and waded into the debate with a typical 'I'll protect my own interests at all costs' speech to a cherry-picked crowd. Soundly thumped at an election and thrown on the political scrapheap years ago and given another bloody nose again last June. Not bitter at all is he, noooooooo. He spends years feathering his own EU financial nest after leaving British politics only to have the great British public get in the way of lining it some more in the future. A pointless non-entity of a political figure if ever I saw one.

Maybe, could be, might be.

Coulder, woulder, shoulder.

Can't say I know much about the UK car industry (though I used to drive a mini and two of my uncles worked at Ford's back in the day :winking: ) but this seems to me a foretaste of its future after Brexit, along with the recent news from Renault. Why would German and French carmakers want to continue production in the UK after we leave the EU?

Ooooh, looky here. From The Granuad no less.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/nov/15/google-commits-to-massive-new-london-hq

I could spend hours cherry picking articles like that from various source but really, what's the point? It does seem to be the done thing on here now. Quote this and that from your beloved biased rag and personally have absolutely nothing meaningful to add to the debate.

Now I see Mr Grey himself has wandered out of the wilderness and waded into the debate with a typical 'I'll protect my own interests at all costs' speech to a cherry-picked crowd. Soundly thumped at an election and thrown on the political scrapheap years ago and given another bloody nose again last June. Not bitter at all is he, noooooooo. He spends years feathering his own EU financial nest after leaving British politics only to have the great British public get in the way of lining it some more in the future. A pointless non-entity of a political figure if ever I saw one.

Well, I find it normal to seek support in papers which broadly agree with one's views. I don't think it's a question of being bitter, he's just giving a warning that May and her government are being 'economic with the truth' about the likely outcomes of Brexit. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how the droves of voters (predominently Labour) who were persuaded to vote leave, are going to be better off?

Well, I find it normal to seek support in papers which broadly agree with one's views. I don't think it's a question of being bitter, he's just giving a warning that May and her government are being 'economic with the truth' about the likely outcomes of Brexit. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how the droves of voters (predominently Labour) who were persuaded to vote leave, are going to be better off?

And there you have it, folks. It's not exactly conducive to having a balanced and well-informed opinion, is it? And I highlighted the fact you did go plural. Unlike some on here who seem content to have a fixed and dilated opinion on everything from one source.

And there you have it, folks. It's not exactly conducive to having a balanced and well-informed opinion, is it? And I highlighted the fact you did go plural. Unlike some on here who seem content to have a fixed and dilated opinion on everything from one source.

Do I assume then, you entered into the referendum with a neutral view.......read everything from the Mail to the Guardian and then formed your opinions and decided to vote Brexit? I certainly didn't! If you read what I said, it was that I seek SUPPORT for my views, I don't need papers to FORM my opinion. I know where I stand with regards to Brexit.........and of course so do you.
I'm still waiting for a response to the second-half of my question. I read in one of those biased papers (Independent) on line, that Davis has told the Cabinet to draw up plans for the 'unlikely' eventuality of leaving the EU without a trade deal. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...plan-uk-leave-eu-trade-deal-wto-a7603911.html (I suppose coming from the Independent, it could be fake news?) Can someone explain what that it would entail for those less successful people, not living in the prosperous south-east who voted Brexit in the hope of an improvement in their situation, if that 'unlikely eventuality came to pass? Yep! In that scenario, they'd certainly get their country back. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be a country they'd recognise, nor would it probably be one they'd like or could afford to live in...........an ultra-liberal basement economy with no social support and safety net.

Last edited:
Back