• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Back to the front of the queue it appears!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38565192

Post Brexit looks as if it's going to be really exciting.............a TTIP like deal with the US of A..........you LUCKY people! :winking:.........be sure you read the small print before signing!:smile:

The USA is a highly protectionist country.While we export a great deal more to them than we import ie we have a trade surplus, a good trade deal with Germany and other EU countries that we currently have a trade deficit with,would make a lot more sense,economicallly speaking.

The USA is a highly protectionist country.While we export a great deal more to them than we import ie we have a trade surplus, a good trade deal with Germany and other EU countries that we currently have a trade deficit with,would make a lot more sense,economicallly speaking.

TTIP is dead and buried and we need to secure trade agreements so where's the problem? Oh, and we can't do a deal with Germany remember, that EU thing.

Think your stats.are more than a bit dodgy. (After a friendly warning from one of the mods.some years ago) I always look for a BBC link if we're talking about news stories.

FYI,I've never thought that anything that anyone ever posted on an internet site ever changed anyone's views.Depressing but true.

Are you trying to say the BBC is impartial? :hilarious:

I know you have lots of qualifications but obviously none in Economics or Business studies.

When you spend £90billion more with any business, they are the ones who need a good business relationship and have to look after you.

I know you have lots of qualifications but obviously none in Economics or Business studies.

When you spend £90billion more with any business, they are the ones who need a good business relationship and have to look after you.

Actually,I passed A level Economics and have also done undergraduate and post grad.courses in Economics.

FWIW,I also teach Business English.:raspberry:

PMQs this week - while Jez rightly focused on the NHS crisis, Angus Robertson of SNP's question on holding back on article 50 if there is no government in Northern Ireland at that point threw May completely - seemed to be yet another aspect of Brexit that has been given no thought.

One of the pre and immediately post Brexit 'experts' we were told by many Remainers on here we would be foolish not to listen to. Are you listening now?

http://www.politico.eu/article/mark-carney-eats-humble-pie-on-brexit/

Lets the arguments contitue :D

That article is twisting his words, he said the risk from Brexit is more severe to mainland Europe but the impact on us is still 'elevated', he was saying the impact is less severe, not that Brexit isn't a danger to the economy at all as this article is suggesting.

Either way I'm a bit tired of experts on either side, they were useful in the run up to the vote but aside from Remainers or Brexiters shouting 'told you so' at each other there isn't much point in them at the moment, the reality is we won't really know what's going to happen until May reveals her plan.

TTIP is dead and buried and we need to secure trade agreements so where's the problem? Oh, and we can't do a deal with Germany remember, that EU thing.

As I'm sure you're aware, the pm has promised to invoke article 50 by the end of March.From that moment, the UK government will be actively involved in negotiating a trade deal with all EU member countries, including Germany.

Btw,no trade deal with the US can be finalised until after the UK has formally left the EU.presumably in two years time or so.

That article is twisting his words, he said the risk from Brexit is more severe to mainland Europe but the impact on us is still 'elevated', he was saying the impact is less severe, not that Brexit isn't a danger to the economy at all as this article is suggesting.

Either way I'm a bit tired of experts on either side, they were useful in the run up to the vote but aside from Remainers or Brexiters shouting 'told you so' at each other there isn't much point in them at the moment, the reality is we won't really know what's going to happen until May reveals her plan.

Or more exactly how the EU decides to respond to that plan.

They hold the cards in a marked deck.

Or more exactly how the EU decides to respond to that plan.

They hold the cards in a marked deck.

Once you finally wake up and realise we don't even need a trade agreement, then you will also realise that all the tough talk from Brussels is a total bluff.....They can mark as many cards as they like, we are off to the bigger game of poker...Know as the World Trade Tournament.

One of the pre and immediately post Brexit 'experts' we were told by many Remainers on here we would be foolish not to listen to. Are you listening now?

http://www.politico.eu/article/mark-carney-eats-humble-pie-on-brexit/

Lets the arguments contitue :D

SK.You're quite right ,of course.A much more balanced article can be found here:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...brexit-than-uk-says-mark-carney-a7521861.html

The headline says it all."Europe more at risk from hard financial Brexit than UK, says Mark Carney."

Either way I'm a bit tired of experts on either side, they were useful in the run up to the vote but aside from Remainers or Brexiters shouting 'told you so' at each other there isn't much point in them at the moment, the reality is we won't really know what's going to happen until May.

Edited for accuracy

Back