• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
That's a pity.As Keynes said:"When I find new information,I change my mind.What do you do?"

Out of interest, how many times have you followed that, rather than expecting others to do so? As far as I remember, you refuse to read The Telegraph and The Times, so why would you expect people to do something you're not prepared to do?

Out of interest, how many times have you followed that, rather than expecting others to do so? As far as I remember, you refuse to read The Telegraph and The Times, so why would you expect people to do something you're not prepared to do?

See post 496 on this thread for an answer to your (redundant) question.

As a matter of fact, I occasionally read either the Torygraph or the Sunset Times in extremis, ie when I'm on holiday in France.

8b93389b-61d4-4c38-965f-3992371afb96.jpg

Good, get someone in who wants to actually do the job being asked of him. Clearly he feels he's not up to the challenge. Of course, being a 'Remainer' didn't help either.

Next.......

May was a remainer too, I'm feeling she is not up to the job either

Time will tell but lets not forget. It's not actually TM that will dictate when and how things will happen. Market forces, political pressure and lobbying from vested interest groups will have a huge sway in how this all pans out and when. In my opinion anyway. The PM actually wields far less personal decision making power than many people think.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38503020

Be careful about "muddled thinking". A timely warning.

Spot on Tangled. The last thing we need is 'soft Brexit', even many remainers think that would be a disaster. No Brexit means Brexit.

Perhaps we could learn from Mr Trump about the benefits of tough negotiation. Just the threat of a 35% tax on cars built in Mexico and already Fords have changed their plans. Not only are they going to build two new models in Detroit which will save a bout 4,000 jobs. They will now build a new factory there, instead of Mexico and create hundreds more jobs.

So he is not even President yet but has still saved more jobs for poor black people than Obama managed in 8 years.

Spot on Tangled. The last thing we need is 'soft Brexit', even many remainers think that would be a disaster. No Brexit means Brexit.

Perhaps we could learn from Mr Trump about the benefits of tough negotiation. Just the threat of a 35% tax on cars built in Mexico and already Fords have changed their plans. Not only are they going to build two new models in Detroit which will save a bout 4,000 jobs. They will now build a new factory there, instead of Mexico and create hundreds more jobs.

So he is not even President yet but has still saved more jobs for poor black people than Obama managed in 8 years.

Personally, I tend to agree with Mr Donald Tusk rather than Mr Trump.You'll remember that as far as the President of the European Council was concerned, the choice before the UK was between " hard Brexit" or "no Brexit".

Unfortunately I think he was right.

I now think your falling in to the trap that was mentioned on Newsnight the other night, by Matthew Paris if memory serves, that the more people bemoan and attempt to point out supposed unknowns of leaving the EU to those that voted Brexit the more those very same people become even more fixed in their Brexit beliefs. I'm one of them. With every Gaurdian link you post the more I think to myself 'why, what his point'. It just smacks of poor attempts at point scoring. Which inevitably just hardens opposing views.

Still, carry on. It's amusing if nothing else.

I now think your falling in to the trap that was mentioned on Newsnight the other night, by Matthew Paris if memory serves, that the more people bemoan and attempt to point out supposed unknowns of leaving the EU to those that voted Brexit the more those very same people become even more fixed in their Brexit beliefs. I'm one of them. With every Gaurdian link you post the more I think to myself 'why, what his point'. It just smacks of poor attempts at point scoring. Which inevitably just hardens opposing views.

Who was that youngish woman with unkept grey hair?..my god she hated Trump calling him every name whilst looking bewildered at the American guy sitting next to her.

Actually this has nothing to do with brexit the guy would be in the same position if we were to remain in the eu and he wanted a British passport.

That is true (though Brexit is obviously what spurred his application for a British passport in the first place.However, he's ,presumably, got a much better chance of getting that passport now before we formally leave the EU.

Who was that youngish woman with unkept grey hair?..my god she hated Trump calling him every name whilst looking bewildered at the American guy sitting next to her.

He was a right-wing, Henley Business School academic-who's been on before.Can't recall the lady's name but she was obviously a Democrat.

Thought it was the academic Matthew Goodwin who made this point rather than the Times journo (and ex-MP) Matthew Paris .

Back