• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
No one in their right mind ever thought it would be a plain, simple and smooth ride did they? There are going to be some big ups and some equally big downs along this road to political and trading freedom we're now on. I knew that long before the 23rd June but i still made the choice I made.

I'm really starting to think this thread has run it's course. All it is now is a place for those Remainers that can't seem to accept what's going to happen to post bits of information that suit their argument in the vain hope it will somehow either score some 'forum' points or persuade some that voted leave that perhaps they were wrong.

Oh, one other thing. Your updated 'sig'. It says more about you than it does about making a point about the referendum outcome. To analogize the leave vote on the 23rd and indeed those that voted leave with the Munich Agreement and the ultimate rise of Nazism and the Third Reich in Eastern Europe is both extremely insensitive and insulting in equal measure and I'd hope you have the good grace to remove it.

No one in their right mind ever thought it would be a plain, simple and smooth ride did they? There are going to be some big ups and some equally big downs along this road to political and trading freedom we're now on. I knew that long before the 23rd June but i still made the choice I made.

I'm really starting to think this thread has run it's course. All it is now is a place for those Remainers that can't seem to accept what's going to happen to post bits of information that suit their argument in the vain hope it will somehow either score some 'forum' points or persuade some that voted leave that perhaps they were wrong.

Oh, one other thing. Your updated 'sig'. It says more about you than it does about making a point about the referendum outcome. To analogize the leave vote on the 23rd and indeed those that voted leave with the Munich Agreement and the ultimate rise of Nazism and the Third Reich in Eastern Europe is both extremely insensitive and insulting in equal measure and I'd hope you have the good grace to remove it.

Actually,I think this thread's got another two years to run, (at least),unfortunately.:sad:

As for my updated signature.I don't plan on removing it any time soon.I'm a huge Alan Bennett fan.

(It was the sort of historical "mistake" analogy I was thinking of, when I mentioned the post WW2 war loan from the USA.Only AB's is better).

Last edited:

discussion on the nature of the EU exit will run for a long time, the fact that the Prime Minister is reluctant to discuss it creates a vacuum where others will.

The Nazi comparisons aren't restricted to a play-write, our Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson likened the EU 'superstate' to the Nazi's, and of course Labour MP Jo Cox was murdered by a neo-Nazi just before the referendum. So though it's an ugly comparison Alan Bennet's style of reference is far from the worst.

discussion on the nature of the EU exit will run for a long time, the fact that the Prime Minister is reluctant to discuss it creates a vacuum where others will.

The Nazi comparisons aren't restricted to a play-write, our Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson likened the EU 'superstate' to the Nazi's, and of course Labour MP Jo Cox was murdered by a neo-Nazi just before the referendum. So though it's an ugly comparison Alan Bennet's style of reference is far from the worst.

Very true ***. I certainly don't take offence when one old out of touch lefty quotes another old out of touch lefty for their 'sig.' Nobody takes either of them seriously.

:hilarious: Please Barna, no more Gaurdian links. People will start to think your a tad blinkered in your political views :hilarious:

:hilarious: Please Barna, no more Gaurdian links. People will start to think your a tad blinkered in your political views :hilarious:

You never know, you might learn something from them-if you ever bothered to click on the link (and read the article concerned).:smile:

�� You see. That's typical. I do actually read some of them to get a different perspective on my opinions but the articles never ever sway me towards any other viewpoint. As I've said to you before. I'm neither left or right but I'm far more right leaning than left.

�� You see. That's typical. I do actually read some of them to get a different perspective on my opinions but the articles never ever sway me towards any other viewpoint. As I've said to you before. I'm neither left or right but I'm far more right leaning than left.

That's a pity.As Keynes said:"When I find new information,I change my mind.What do you do?"

That's a pity.As Keynes said:"When I find new information,I change my mind.What do you do?"

And when I find new information that makes sense and I agree with it I change mine. I assume Keynes meant the same or did he change his mind even though he didn't agree with it?

My point Barna is that for every Guardian link you put up me, or anyone else for that matter could, with a minimum of fuss, put up another from a different tabloid or media source advocating the exact opposite.

To throw Keynes back at you. If I posted up 'new information' from lets say The Mail or The Torygrapgh on a subject that contradicted your view or views and you read it would it make you change your mind? I suspect that would be a no.

And when I find new information that makes sense and I agree with it I change mine. I assume Keynes meant the same or did he change his mind even though he didn't agree with it?

My point Barna is that for every Guardian link you put up me, or anyone else for that matter could, with a minimum of fuss, put up another from a different tabloid or media source advocating the exact opposite.

To throw Keynes back at you. If I posted up 'new information' from lets say The Mail or The Torygrapgh on a subject that contradicted your view or views and you read it would it make you change your mind? I suspect that would be a no.

:off topic: but nevertheless an interesting question.Doubt if I'd find anything in the Daily Fail or Torygraph that would ever make me change my views.

FWIW,the last time I did change my mind over a substantial political issue-Scottish independence- was after some friendly discussions with some Scots I met on holiday at Easter some 3 years ago now,just before the referendum there.

:off topic: but nevertheless an interesting question.Doubt if I'd find anything in the Daily Fail or Torygraph that would ever make me change my views.

FWIW,the last time I did change my mind over a substantial political issue-Scottish independence- was after some friendly discussions with some Scots I met on holiday at Easter some 3 years ago now,just before the referendum there.

Then don't go quoting Keynes to me then.

Apologies for taking it off topic people but I had to reply.

As you were

I know, lets play a game. It's called 'You Quote, I Quote' .... I think you get the gist of it.

Nah, second thoughts, you win :thumbsup::clap::winking:

Back