• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
This thread is racing off-topic at a rapid rate and I am seriously guilty of participating. Can we get back on topic of Brexit on here please.

I see Eddie Izzard claimed £36,000 in expenses for 31 days work for the remain campaign. Still I can understand that, I bet his lipstick costs more than her Ladyship's.

It would take about 18 months for a Nurse, Teacher or Firefighter to take home anywhere near £36,000, even with the additional London weighting allowance.

Nice work if you can get it Eddie.....As you say 'we really are better together'.....Some of us just wanted to know who exactly do you mean when you say 'We'

If he claimed it in expenses then its OUR money MK. As he won't be paying tax on that money.

He didn't. Plenty of leavers spent money on their campaign, notably rich people who have very little to lose once we leave the EU. Had to fund that lying £350M p/w battle bus somehow eh?

He didn't. Plenty of leavers spent money on their campaign, notably rich people who have very little to lose once we leave the EU. Had to fund that lying £350M p/w battle bus somehow eh?

If he has submitted 219 separate spending receipts then he will be deducting the lot from his tax bill. More than £1,000 per day on expenses.

Eddie might sneer down from his left wing pedestal but he is no better any of the others. They all take the p***

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38156891

Obviously, this is one that interests me as an expat in Spain.

Can't really see it as a problem for the 1.3 million British nationals living in other EU countries, or indeed for the 3.1 million EU nationals currently living in the UK,as long as they have all applied for residence permits.

I can, however, see it as becoming a problem for future generations of Brits. who want to live elsewhere in Europe or other EU nationals who want to live in the UK, after the UK has formally left the EU.

Obviously the people of Richmond Park don't want a Hard Brexit, or even a Brexit at all. Well done Sarah Olney, a great victory and one in the eye for the religious zealot Teresa May. Only downside is she won't now call an early GE.

Obviously the people of Richmond Park don't want a Hard Brexit, or even a Brexit at all. Well done Sarah Olney, a great victory and one in the eye for the religious zealot Teresa May. Only downside is she won't now call an early GE.

Great win for the LIb Dems in Richmond.I hope Labour will now back a rainbow coalition against the Tories before the next G/E to include the Lib Dems,SNP and the Greens.

Cannot stand Zac Goldsmith, but fair play to him standing down and fighting for what he believed in.

As Tories and UKIP did not stand, it was a token victory, but nevertheless a wake up call to TM and I listen to the ordinary people speech

UTS

Back