• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My ears are still ringing from the double-assault of Mogwai last night and Les Savy Fav tonight. LSF especially were absolutely blinding. Their frontman looks like Brian Blessed and was a complete nutter. Highlights included when he sang a chorus in the girls toilets, and when he climbed onto the bar and slid along while people poured beer on him. superb!

The marvellous Jenna Witts at Devoran Acoustic Sessions - almost a sell out - pleasing both Jenna and the promoter ( a certain Mrs C - no bias involved :clap:)

Tony Allen

Saw hime live at Badalona last night with pretty much the same line up as on this video.Afrobeat at its best.[video=youtube;qtaGKHAaTUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtaGKHAaTUw[/video]

[video=youtube;85bvWRh1yUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85bvWRh1yUM[/video]

Saw the excellent Jim Lauderdale last night at the Teatro Zorilla in Badalona.A really fine singer songwriter, it's a bit suprising that he's never had a breakthough hit with his brand of alternative country music.

Any other zoners getting out their hotpants and strutting their stuff with Kylie at the O2 later this week?
One of my best friends birthdays (Pocahontas Shrimper), so we are having a proper girlie night on the town, cant wait. :smile:

My problem is trying to get my hotpants off. They're a bit stuck and I have to work out how to remove them without taking off a layer of skin.

I'm also going to see Chris De Burgh in the next couple of days. He's not playing anywhere, I just thought it was high time this **** paid for his crimes.
If anyone else wants in, PM me and bring a tool.

Kind Regards
You have pm

My problem is trying to get my hotpants off. They're a bit stuck and I have to work out how to remove them without taking off a layer of skin.

I'm also going to see Chris De Burgh in the next couple of days. He's not playing anywhere, I just thought it was high time this **** paid for his crimes.
If anyone else wants in, PM me and bring a tool.

Kind Regards

Why bring a tool? Chris De Burgh's already there.

Going to see Big Audio Dynamite tomorrow at Shepherds Bush Empire, haven't seen Mick Jones since the Clashs Casbah Club tour should be a good night I think.

Just got back, thought they were brilliant. Shame there was no BAD II stuff but hearing e=mc2 and Battle of All Saints road again was good enough!

The Music Maker Blues Revue

[video=youtube;jVO1Vd9zAwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVO1Vd9zAwU[/video]

Saw the Blues review on Saturday in Badalona.They have an excellent live cd out on April 12th in the UK.Look out for a track or two from it in future Paul Jones BBC2 Radio shows.

Bought tickets at the weekend to see The Mission and The Fields of the Nephilim at the Brixton Academy in October.

When you start seeing bands play 25 year anniversaries when you were at the original gigs you know you are getting old!

Well fresh back from the O2 and Kylie - and was very impressed by her whole show and chororaphy (not sure on spelling at 11.00pm!), have to say that I thought she was better than Usher. Kylie interacted with the crowd well and her voice sounded much better than I had expected, looked for Tarquin but think he was up on the stage with the dancers -plenty of gold hotpants on display!

(Criko, probably best to sit down before watching this link :winking:)

[video=youtube;t1DWBKk5xHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1DWBKk5xHQ[/video]

Mine and SUFC_Al's band Beyond Heresy are playing at Chinnerys tonight, our first gig for about 3 and a half years!

Back