• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On a very parochial level I noticed today that Digby Fairweather is guesting at the Cricketers every second Wednesday of the month starting Wednesday, August 12th, 2015 for those of you interested.

I was considering New Order later in the year. Prices are a bit high, but sold out in Liverpool in 3 hours after going on sale this morning at 9.00.

Crazy. As I said on FB, the line up doesn't even have Peter Hook in it these days. I saw them at Reading one year and Bernard Sumner is just a terrible singer. No loss mate.

Peter Hook's playing here with his new band in October.Prices are reasonable and it's a great venue.Could be tempted.

http://www.rrspromo.com/event/peter-hook-the-light-joy-division-en-barcelona/

Went to see a bluegrass band last night at the local, not normally my cup of tea but they were excellent - started off with three musicians, and people just kept turning up with instruments and joining in - I counted 15 by the end of the evening! They were The One Tree Hillbillys, and well worth a look if they pop up anywhere near you.

On a very parochial level I noticed today that Digby Fairweather is guesting at the Cricketers every second Wednesday of the month starting Wednesday, August 12th, 2015 for those of you interested.

His band is doing the rounds. They're playing the local village in Kent in September.

Saw the excellent Lambchop (again) last night at BARTS.

ps They did do Bowie's Young Americans as their last number.Introduced it as "an old folk song.But that's OK,we're old folk anyway." :thumbsup:

Helstonbury is happening this w/e! > [video=youtube;8esXFEITdi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esXFEITdi0[/video]

Very few memories of The Blue Anchor. Probably due to the fact I have been carried out of the place a dribbling wreck every time I have been there. That beer is just too moreish.

Very few memories of The Blue Anchor. Probably due to the fact I have been carried out of the place a dribbling wreck every time I have been there. That beer is just too moreish.
Ha - amazingly, I managed to keep it to just four pints there yesterday. And only one more when I got back to PZ. Nice to wake up without feeling dazed and confused.

On Thursday I caught the former Teardrop Explodes' front man performing a solo gig at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth. And I do mean solo as Cope performed on his own with just a twelve string guitar. The stripped down versions of his songs worked perfectly well as his voice remains as distinctive and as clear as ever. The only downside of the night was Cope insisting on telling an anecdote between every song, with one lasting nearly five minutes. I am all for building up a rapport with the audience but I paid to hear him sing not talk.

jc001.jpgjp001.jpgjp010.jpgjp013.jpgjp014.jpg

I never been inclined to watch tribute bands, but I have always been a big fan of the Eagles, and one of life's disappointments was that I never saw them live. There is an outfit called the Illegal Eagles doing the Cliffs Pavilion in early September. Anyone ever seen them, and are they worth seeing?

I never been inclined to watch tribute bands, but I have always been a big fan of the Eagles, and one of life's disappointments was that I never saw them live. There is an outfit called the Illegal Eagles doing the Cliffs Pavilion in early September. Anyone ever seen them, and are they worth seeing?

You may yet get a chance RHB, I saw them in Leeds last year and they are still on their History Tour in the US.

You may yet get a chance RHB, I saw them in Leeds last year and they are still on their History Tour in the US.

Gosh, I'm sort of excited now. Short of going Stateside, do you know if they are coming to the UK or am I stuck with the 'Illegals'?

There are internet rumours of a new album and worldwide tour towards the end of 2016.
Coming to a Holmfirth venue near you, good sir ... the mighty Graham Parker ... not sure if he's with The Rumour or not ... on October 14th, I believe.
[video=youtube;YGWK_hvGgkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGWK_hvGgkU[/video]

There are internet rumours of a new album and worldwide tour towards the end of 2016.

Oh the agony of decisions. Do I ditch the Illegals idea and wait patiently??...........I shall sleep on it and make a choice tomorrow with help of decent coffee and a Krispy Kreme doughnut I think. Yep, that sounds like a plan.

Back