• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

late notice but if anyone wants two tickets to see the rifles at Boogaloo tuesday 16th then PM and happy for you to have them, dont want them to go to waste. work in london so can meet to hand tickets over

late notice but if anyone wants two tickets to see the rifles at Boogaloo tuesday 16th then PM and happy for you to have them, dont want them to go to waste. work in london so can meet to hand tickets over

Lol, only got put on the guest list for this last night! It's our annual signal that Christmas is officially here! You could try Liam F, used to be The War Chest on here, not sure what his name is these days.

And the Boogaloo was, as always, brilliant! Though it seemed even more packed than usual and full of very tall people!

Domino Records band The Bohicas are playing in Southend next Thursday at Chinnerys and Canvey at the Oysterfleet on Sunday. I did a bit of work for them earlier in the year relating to tours in Australia and Japan but I've not seen them live as they have not played London since.

They seem like nice lads and sound like Dirk era Ants and are on a great roster so worth a visit....

http://www.dominorecordco.com/uk/news/25-11-14/the-bohicas-swarm-over-essexxx-dates/

Dub Sex are back and playing in Camden tomorrow.
Sleater Kinney are back and playing Camden in March.
Babes In Toyland are back and playing Shepherds Bush in May.
Prolapse are back and supporting Mogwai in Camden in June.

Iceage, Bohicas, Jon Hopkins and East India Youth, Will Butler, R Seiliog, the Saturday line up of Field Day....

A general election / war and promotion for the mighty Southend United - I am chuffin lovin 2015

Manfred Mann's Earth Band at the Holmfirth Picturedrome. They played for 110 minutes and included their most well known songs. But I couldn't help thinking that a shorter set time, with less self-indulgent solos, would have made for a better show. For the encore they did a strange reggae version of Do Wah Diddy Diddy before finishing with The Mighty Quinn which unnecessarily morphed in to Smoke On The Water and Sex Machine before getting back on track for the final chorus. Not a bad gig, but it could have been better.

mm01.jpgmm04.jpgmm09.jpgmm13.jpgmm14.jpg

I have just booked a ticket for Wilko Johnson at The Ritz in Manchester in March. I have to say when I saw him in Minehead, I thought it would be the last time I would see him play live.

12442636475_14de1d843a_o.jpg

It's my b'day this weekend and tomorrow we're off to Newcastle for a couple of nights of the 6 Music festival. Friday night @ the O2 Academy is War on Drugs, Sleater-Kinney, Interpol & Mogwai. Saturday at the Sage is Maximo Park, The Fall, Jungle, The Cribs & Gruff Rhys (and others). Can't wait.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band at the Holmfirth Picturedrome. They played for 110 minutes and included their most well known songs. But I couldn't help thinking that a shorter set time, with less self-indulgent solos, would have made for a better show. For the encore they did a strange reggae version of Do Wah Diddy Diddy before finishing with The Mighty Quinn which unnecessarily morphed in to Smoke On The Water and Sex Machine before getting back on track for the final chorus. Not a bad gig, but it could have been better.

View attachment 3038View attachment 3039View attachment 3040View attachment 3041View attachment 3042
Saw them at the Kursaal in '76 and, to put it politely, they were very average then! Self indulgent solos sort of rings a bell - nothing changes. The support band, Racing Cars, were however excellent and stick in the memory to this day.

Drastic™;1710254 said:
It's my b'day this weekend and tomorrow we're off to Newcastle for a couple of nights of the 6 Music festival. Friday night @ the O2 Academy is War on Drugs, Sleater-Kinney, Interpol & Mogwai. Saturday at the Sage is Maximo Park, The Fall, Jungle, The Cribs & Gruff Rhys (and others). Can't wait.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Fall, I'll have to check the listings for a local gig*

The Dead Kennedys are booked for June in Manchester.

*Playing in Wakefield in May.

Last edited:
Back