• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Pop Group in Brighton last night. Even better than I'd hoped. Great sound, with plenty of 70's dub effects and full-on funk punk grooves. To top it all, they only played for forty five minutes and left us wanting more. Brilliant.

Commiserations - you'd think they could get out some candles and Accoustic guitars and do it unplugged. The brass band wouldn't need electric. Considering their name a bit of Dunkirk spirit could have partially saved the night.

There was certainly enough power for them to keep the bars open and for them to continue selling overpriced alcohol! I guess it was a health and safety matter on the part of the Barbican Centre. Very frustrating.

Relived my misspent sixth form lunchtimes listening to Genesis and playing cards by seeing Steve Hackett at the Cliffs last night. Loved it.

Saw Skid Row at The Underworld in Camden, great venue and a great gig, first time I've seen them since Donnington in 1992! Their new material acually sounds pretty good so may have to investigate.

USA Nails, Joanna Gruesome, Perfect Pussy - appeared in that order, impressed in the reverse order - no disrespect to PP but everything else was that good. And USA Nails are playing with Guerilla Toss on 25th and who here has not already penciled that in? Exactly.

Boomtown Rats at the Forum
Rather a good evening , despite not playing my favourite.
Good support from Republica too

[video=youtube_share;fwFclLBDs48]http://youtu.be/fwFclLBDs48?list=PLSHpr766HS6Tgy1cCeO58aOT-LLdhmCpy[/video]

Saw John Mayall here last night.Excellent gig.

Hope I'm as lively as him at 80.:thumbsup:

Robert Plant at the O2 Academy, Leeds

• Monday night's gig was a strange mixture of music, from a 'different' version of the Led Zepp classic Black Dog, covers, 12 bar blues and some tunes from his latest album. Plant still has his voice and a good group of musicians including a chap with a home made guitar come violin. The biggest of roar of the night was when the band started playing Whole Lotta Love, and it was certainly the highlight of the gig. I know Plant has moved away from his Led Zepp roots, but he could pepper his set list with a few more straight versions of those great songs.

p01.jpgp03.jpgp06.jpgp10.jpgp12.jpg

Robert Plant at the O2 Academy, Leeds

• Monday night's gig was a strange mixture of music, from a 'different' version of the Led Zepp classic Black Dog, covers, 12 bar blues and some tunes from his latest album. Plant still has his voice and a good group of musicians including a chap with a home made guitar come violin. The biggest of roar of the night was when the band started playing Whole Lotta Love, and it was certainly the highlight of the gig. I know Plant has moved away from his Led Zepp roots, but he could pepper his set list with a few more straight versions of those great songs.

View attachment 2924View attachment 2925View attachment 2926View attachment 2927View attachment 2928

Not sure I agree about the Led.Zepp. stuff but I'm as angry as hell he cancelled his summer gig here.:angry:

The Who at the First Direct Arena, Leeds. It was billed as the hits tour but strangely they didn't play My Generation. I am by no way one of their greatest fans but I recognised most of the songs and thoroughly enjoyed the gig. Certainly, Daltry and Townsend seemed to be enjoying themselves and were not just going through the motions. They even managed to splice in a bass solo by John Entwistle, and Daltry did a duet with Keith Moon on Bell Boy.

w2.jpgw3.jpgw4.jpgw5.jpgw6.jpg

[video=youtube_share;H0olLTghK98]http://youtu.be/H0olLTghK98[/video]

Saw MF in concert here earlier tonight.

Great show -despite her breaking a hip/thigh bone earlier this year.

Echo & the Bunnymen at the Holmfirth Picturedrome last night. Despite singer Ian McCulloch suffering from Laryngitis, this was a top gig, culminating with spine-tingling versions of The Killing Moon and The Cutter.

e01.jpge02.jpge07.jpge08.jpge09.jpg

A few gigs booked for 2015:

Manfred Mann's Earthband - February
Hawkwind supported by Focus - March
The Damned - April
Moody Blues - June

Thinking about seeing The Jesus and Mary Chain doing Psychocandy in February.

A few gigs booked for 2015:

Manfred Mann's Earthband - February
Hawkwind supported by Focus - March
The Damned - April
Moody Blues - June

Thinking about seeing The Jesus and Mary Chain doing Psychocandy in February.
I'd recommend JAMC - saw them at Troxy a couple if weeks ago and once they had got the vocal mix right it probably sounded better than when they released it.

Back