• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones

No way can you feel sorry for Joffrey. He stuck several crossbow bolts in a girl for 'an experiment'. He's a coward, and evil.

Mostly you end up sympathising for people who've been tortured (Jamie and Theon), which is a bit manipulative.

Thought I was pushing it with Joffrey :hilarious:

The theon and bran story lines are really dragging. Every time I cheer on Jamie I have to remind myself he pushed a child out of a window

The Bran story does nothing but drag on in the books, even now after 34 books he still has done **** all.

Theon is like a lot of the characters who get added half way through the books, you arent really sure if they are actually worthwhile and feel like padding, maybe they will all make sense later on.

As fo the Jaime thing, thats the beauty of George RR Martins books, characters you mark down as evil often turn out to be decent underneath, theres very few black/white evil/good characters in there. Joffrey is one that has no redeeming qualities.

Theres some pretty big plot deviation last night, the Red Priestess taking the King's ******* (illegitimate child) to Kings Landing doesnt happen in the books from what I remember. Dont think they have anything to do together in them.

I read that with GRRM being heavily involved in the script, he's made changes to 'fine tune' the story as I guess the first books are quite old and the story hasn't yet been completed. Stephen King did similar with the Dark Tower stories I think.

I've only read the first book, which I think was the right thing to do because now I have a better grasp of the 'world' and the main characters and their backgrounds, which means I've enjoyed the TV series a lot more.

These books and the tv show had so much potential... its a real shame that GRRM is such a massive ****. The story arcs are so spread out and there are too many meaningless characters :(

The Bran story does nothing but drag on in the books, even now after 34 books he still has done **** all.

Theon is like a lot of the characters who get added half way through the books, you arent really sure if they are actually worthwhile and feel like padding, maybe they will all make sense later on.

As fo the Jaime thing, thats the beauty of George RR Martins books, characters you mark down as evil often turn out to be decent underneath, theres very few black/white evil/good characters in there. Joffrey is one that has no redeeming qualities.

Theres some pretty big plot deviation last night, the Red Priestess taking the King's ******* (illegitimate child) to Kings Landing doesnt happen in the books from what I remember. Dont think they have anything to do together in them.

They didnt have Edric Storm in the tv show so they are just filling in the little hole by taking away Gendry...

Bran will be incredibly important at the end. Greensight and all kinds of stuff

Theon as well gets to be interesting. In the book it works better but I don't know how it will work on telly.

Bran will be incredibly important at the end. Greensight and all kinds of stuff

Theon as well gets to be interesting. In the book it works better but I don't know how it will work on telly.

Even so, its what 6 or so books in and 2 to go and Bran hasnt made an impact whatsoever yet.

I do love the books but the pacing of some of the character arcs really does leave a lot to be desired. It feels like he is making it up as he goes along half the time.

Even so, its what 6 or so books in and 2 to go and Bran hasnt made an impact whatsoever yet.

I do love the books but the pacing of some of the character arcs really does leave a lot to be desired. It feels like he is making it up as he goes along half the time.

Hmm, how to break this to you? It's a work of fiction.

:winking:

Hmm, how to break this to you? It's a work of fiction.

:winking:

Haha, I thought that as I was typing that. Most epics you think there is a story arc and its all planned. With the rambling nature of the books it doesnt feel Martin actually knows how it will end or how he will bring it all together.

Back