• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones

Oh yeah.
  Spoiler:  
The fight on the bridge and then the bit where they're recaptured to be taken back to Rob? If that's how it turns out, what was the point of that?

Fair point actually. But there has to be some reason for it. Surely?

Fair point actually. But there has to be some reason for it. Surely?

I have to say the first few books I thought the plots were all converging into one big ending, but after a few twists and turns its hard to predict whether theres point in all of it.

What I found really odd is that theres only meant to be 2 books left, yet in the last ones he suddenly introduced loads more characters which seems a bit odd.

Does give the impression he is just rambling on a bit with his plots, I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt know how its going to end.

I have to say the first few books I thought the plots were all converging into one big ending, but after a few twists and turns its hard to predict whether theres point in all of it.

What I found really odd is that theres only meant to be 2 books left, yet in the last ones he suddenly introduced loads more characters which seems a bit odd.

Does give the impression he is just rambling on a bit with his plots, I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt know how its going to end.

There's an interview with him I read recently where he has mapped out the histories of each character and where it's all heading. I trust him.

EDIT: It's in the Telegraph but as they've started charging, I found a similar one

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/72570529.html

There's an interview with him I read recently where he has mapped out the histories of each character and where it's all heading. I trust him.

Hope so.

Just seems very rambling some of it, and the introduction of so many new characters in the last one just seems unplanned.

Doesnt he take years to write them as well? I read them all in the last year or so, sounds like next one is some way off ?

Hope so.

Just seems very rambling some of it, and the introduction of so many new characters in the last one just seems unplanned.

Doesnt he take years to write them as well? I read them all in the last year or so, sounds like next one is some way off ?

Last one hopefully out in 2014.

Last one hopefully out in 2014.

Reading a clip of an interview I just found he seems to be writing faster because the TV series will catch him up, which is good to hear.

Martin is currently working on the sixth book, The Winds of Winter and has one more planned after that already titled, A Dream of Spring.

So two more books, although the last one was split into two paperbacks.

Seems like a lot has to happen for the story to come together.

Boob count still pretty low for this season. An average of one per episode, way under the 5.6 average during the first two seasons.

Sort it out.

Boob count still pretty low for this season. An average of one per episode, way under the 5.6 average during the first two seasons.

Sort it out.

I think they well & truly addressed issue that last week.

Last 5 minutes were again really strong last night, wow. :omg:

Spoiler:  
I kind of guessed that there was no way Ming blokey was going to get to keep one of the dragons

Another cracker, excellent bit how Jamie got the Kingslayer tag, Ygritte's boobies & bum, though a little bit too much man action :stunned: Jon Snow, you cunning linguist :winking:

Another cracker, excellent bit how Jamie got the Kingslayer tag, Ygritte's boobies & bum, though a little bit too much man action :stunned: Jon Snow, you cunning linguist :winking:

Very impressed at how quickly John Snuuuh went from "let's not do this" to going down on her. Good lad.

The theon and bran story lines are really dragging. Every time I cheer on Jamie I have to remind myself he pushed a child out of a window

The theon and bran story lines are really dragging. Every time I cheer on Jamie I have to remind myself he pushed a child out of a window

It is really clever that you feel pity those characters you thought were evil - Theon & Jamie for example. Even Joffrey being verbally bitch-slapped by Charles Dance.

Daenerys seems to be wanting to emulate Abe Lincoln in freeing the slaves. I have a feeling that she's going to come unstuck soon.

Agree completely. I assume they're going somewhere, but I wish they'd hurry up about it.

It is really clever that you feel pity those characters you thought were evil - Theon & Jamie for example. Even Joffrey being verbally bitch-slapped by Charles Dance.

Daenerys seems to be wanting to emulate Abe Lincoln in freeing the slaves. I have a feeling that she's going to come unstuck soon.

No way can you feel sorry for Joffrey. He stuck several crossbow bolts in a girl for 'an experiment'. He's a coward, and evil.

Mostly you end up sympathising for people who've been tortured (Jamie and Theon), which is a bit manipulative.

Back