• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones

Personallly that was the highlight of the books up to date.

There are more twists and turns along the way but nothing quite as 'WTF!?!' as last night, although the end of the last book came quite .

The last book of the ones he has written was my favourite. So much happens.

**** the bed. That was just brilliant. Watched it quite late last night and actually took a while to get to sleep thereafter (I'm usually out like a light).

Another excellent Andy Greenwald blog here, including a 'yada' yada' reference that will appeal to fellow Seinfeld fans

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...-episode-9-its-like-rains-on-your-wedding-day

I'm going to end up reading all of that blog I'm sure. Brilliant!

"Sure, Gareth is plenty annoying, but was poking him worth losing the pleasure and privilege of doing the same to Ygritte?"

As an aside, I commented to Mrs MK during the ceremony that I can see these vows & the cloaking ceremony occuring in real life weddings.

Then 10 minutes later - maybe not.

Yes I was thinking that when I saw it, replacing the Star Wars themed wedding in true geek-dom. Bedding ceremony sounds good though :smile:

I must agree about last nights episode. I haven't read the books an found last night ending jaw dropping. I knew that the wedding night wasn't going to turn out well but assumed that they'd be taken hostage for instance. Suddenly they're all dead.

It's time for Jon Snow to step it up!

I must agree about last nights episode. I haven't read the books an found last night ending jaw dropping. I knew that the wedding night wasn't going to turn out well but assumed that they'd be taken hostage for instance. Suddenly they're all dead.

It's time for Jon Snow to step it up!
  Spoiler:  
ha.....:dim:

Markw you're a git with your spoiler temptations!
Haha, i hate the things... my self control is terrible :stunned:

I remember after reading the red wedding scene (I had to take a few weeks off) that i wanted all my favourite characters to keep a low profile just in case GRRM took offense :dim:

Also during that last episode, was it just me or was that the first time we saw robbs direwolf in ages?

Just to remind he had one before

Spoiler:  
swapping the heads
But in the tv show that never happened they just crossbowed him numerous times?

I feel that only Bran and maybe Arya use their direwolfs properly, such a shame as that could have been an awesome part of the books

The direwolves aspect always bothered me. In the books it was more of a plot device to introduce the Starks and the difference with Jon Snow. I never really liked them.

are all these spoilers relating to future plots from the books?

Maybe spoilers could also be prefixed *TV* or *Books* as the books are some way ahead of the TV.

Back