• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones - S7 - Spoilers allowed on Wed each week. Be warned!!

Have to say the production of the last couple of seasons and battle scenes is fantastic.

The special effects etc are incredible.

Spoiler:  
Yep that was a significant step up last night I felt, I'm going to watch the last 20 mins again tonight I reckon,
Bronn swivelling the cross-bow around and aiming at the dragon was seriously ****ing cool, and dothraki standing on horses firing arrows was bad-***!!

along with the effects, the locations continue to be great, I loved Dany and Jon going into that cave, although can't stop thinking of Jon with some white chalk doing some toddler drawings on the walls!

Spoiler:  
Yep that was a significant step up last night I felt, I'm going to watch the last 20 mins again tonight I reckon,
Bronn swivelling the cross-bow around and aiming at the dragon was seriously ****ing cool, and dothraki standing on horses firing arrows was bad-***!!

along with the effects, the locations continue to be great, I loved Dany and Jon going into that cave, although can't stop thinking of Jon with some white chalk doing some toddler drawings on the walls!

I watched it twice yesterday, its so good these days it warrants it.

Anyone think the final 15 of yesterday's felt like a traditional western?

Spoiler:  
Ok, ignoring the pretty blonde lady on a flying dragon!

I also watched the last 15 again a couple of times

Spoiler:  

...then again for a third time this morning but on a youtube channel where people were watching it live in a packed Chicago bar. Was funny seeing GoT being reacted to in the same way as live sports at a bar. When the dragons were turning the Lannister army to ash - loud whoops. When a horse got hurt - ohhh that's out of order!

As said, production values were high. I know that sequence must have been cgi heavy but I also heard they recruited a ton of extras as well to help give it that "big" feeling.

I also watched again last night, which I never do. I got shades of 'Saving Private Ryan' in there too.

So,
  Spoiler:  
Bronn & Jamie to surivive the plunge into the water? With all that heavy armour and weaponry? I think Jamie & Tyrion have to meet again. I have a feeling Tyrion will change sides as Danny is fast turning into her mad father - note the questioning of Missandei returning home of her own free will by Davos.

So,
  Spoiler:  
Bronn & Jamie to surivive the plunge into the water? With all that heavy armour and weaponry? I think Jamie & Tyrion have to meet again. I have a feeling Tyrion will change sides as Danny is fast turning into her mad father - note the questioning of Missandei returning home of her own free will by Davos.

Without a doubt.

I also watched again last night, which I never do. I got shades of 'Saving Private Ryan' in there too.

Which strangely is the only movie I've ever been to cinema to see twice.

I ll watch some shows a couple of times over a period, but I literally watched Sundays episode twice back to back, never done that before.

So,
  Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  
So here's my view - firstly, that lake is very deep seeing as he just fell in from the side and had already ridden a horse over it.

but I guess the depth/sinking is to help them set up some kind of 'rebirth' thing - he'll literally shed his armour/hand and I think having survived that battle (assuming he does) he'll probably become team Dany/Tyrion "you ****ing idiot":smile:

I also watched the last 15 again a couple of times

Spoiler:  

...then again for a third time this morning but on a youtube channel where people were watching it live in a packed Chicago bar. Was funny seeing GoT being reacted to in the same way as live sports at a bar. When the dragons were turning the Lannister army to ash - loud whoops. When a horse got hurt - ohhh that's out of order!

As said, production values were high. I know that sequence must have been cgi heavy but I also heard they recruited a ton of extras as well to help give it that "big" feeling.

I've watched their reactions before, I do love GoT reaction videos - blindwave are well worth checking out if you like that kind of thing.

Some other thoughts...

Spoiler:  
As great as it was seeing Dany wrecking ****, she is very unlikeable this season, believing her own hype. Missandei saying Dany is the queen they chose because of her actions stands in stark(!) contrast to her behaviour now she's in Westeros, where she expects people to follow her just because of who she is. She needs a drastic change in attitude or I can see her biting it before then end of the season.

Don't know but thought we may have seen the first signs from Daenerys Targaryen that she is turning slowly into her father the Mad King. There has to be more twists and turns coming up. It can't just be a straight fight against the Lannister's and on to tackle the Night King with a sackful of Dragon glass. Ser Jorah Mormont still has big role to play in the this I hope.

Did I say this or did I say this?
Was actually hoping she was going to get slain or captured at the end.
Cave drawings were a bit lame - It's taken how many thousands of years to find them?
Drop the Mycroft Holmes character please as well.
Over all though, a good episode but not the best by any means.

Spoiler:  
I'm a bit worried they're going for the obvious Dany and Jon romance. I suppose it would fit since the Targaryens tend to marry their relatives, even if only Bran is aware of who Jon's mother is, but it seems a bit of a cliche.

Spoiler:  
I'm a bit worried they're going for the obvious Dany and Jon romance. I suppose it would fit since the Targaryens tend to marry their relatives, even if only Bran is aware of who Jon's mother is, but it seems a bit of a cliche.

Tbh they are dumbing it down quite alot at the moment so why not?

Mate and I was talking about the pace of it and how quickly things happen now. Getting rid of the shackles of George RR Martin and his rambling plots has really given it a boost, and thats from me a massive book fan.

The last two seasons without the books have personally taken it on leaps and bounds and probably just as well as the chance of him ever finishing them is zero.

The only real question that needs answering on this weeks episode is how does a puddle become an ocean when you fall in it.

[video=youtube;p4_o8W7pvVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_o8W7pvVk[/video]

I watched it and then watched it again on a better HD TV, everyone seems to be saying it was the best battle yet but for me the battle of the *******s was much better

Bit of a dull one this week in my opinion. A lot more conversation and a little less action to no quite quote the famous song.

Definitely get the sense it's building up though, just not entirely sure how they'll fit it into two episodes.

I just finished it, its setup for the next two but Christ did they squeeze a lot in at pace. You get the feeling that would have been three episodes any other season. Very different show to last week's but still very good.

I have this theory that what we are actually watching is Samwell's "more poetic" version of the "Wars Immediately After The Reign of Robert Baratheon". Possibly called "A Story of Fire & Ice".

Back