• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones - S7 - Spoilers allowed on Wed each week. Be warned!!

Agree also. which is why I think it will be important to watch really closely. They can barely waste a line of dialogue
  Spoiler:  
surely why they had to get rid of Sand snakes. Momma! Momma!
, let alone whole scenes now, so there should be clues and pointers all over the place.

Definitely. it hardly gives you time to process the last important moment before the next one is being played out. It puzzles me why such a popular money spinning show is being rushed and the remainder packed into 2 short seasons? You would have thought they'd want to stretch it out a bit more?

I guess it's hard to get the balance right sometimes, season 5 was soooooooooo slow I nearly gave up!

Also hasn't the show gone away from the books now, or more accurately overtaken them?

I'm fine with the pacing, there are less episodes but they're also getting longer. Can't believe there are still people online complaining that it's moving too slow!

There's also a lot of people on twitter calling Theon a coward,
  Spoiler:  
well yes that was always a part of his character, but he also has PTSD to the max, we see that in Alfie Allen's face (who did an awesome job I thought), he knows he can't beat Euron and he jumps off the ship. Unwittingly he probably saved his sister's life. If he'd rushed at Euron, then Euron cuts Yara's throat, then kills Theon. And he has to kill Yara because he can't just release her to take on Theon.

Also I know he's a dick but how badass is Euron?! and his ship is amazing.

Need somebody to fill the Joffrey, Ramsey void

Indeed. However I never liked Joffrey or Ramsey, I kind of like Euron. :unsure:

Although he's more the latter than the former. Certainly in that he doesn't mind actually fighting rather than hiding. I don't know if he'll prove to be as depraved as Ramsey.

Ramsey wasn't a fighter. A good strategist and he certainly liked to torture people but when it came to battle he commanded from the back and when tide turned he ran back to Winterfell. I haven't read the later books (only the first 3), but I gather Euron is just as good a strategist as Ramsey, as twisted as Joffrey AND a badass warrior.

Don't know but thought we may have seen the first signs from Daenerys Targaryen that she is turning slowly into her father the Mad King. There has to be more twists and turns coming up. It can't just be a straight fight against the Lannister's and on to tackle the Night King with a sackful of Dragon glass. Ser Jorah Mormont still has big role to play in the this I hope.

Watched episode 3, loved it.

Not sure if the no spoliers til Weds rule means I can say anymore than that, even with spoiler tags?

I watched it this morning too. Good episode. Things are moving at break-neck speed at this point.

Does anyone have any GoT podcast recommendations?

I watched it this morning too. Good episode. Things are moving at break-neck speed at this point.

Does anyone have any GoT podcast recommendations?

The Watch podcast is good and they do a section on GoT. The same guys do Talk the Throne which is a twitter TV show (yes that's a thing)

another episode with loads packed in, has been a very entertaining season so far but I do think they are moving things too fast now, some of these key moments could have been savoured a bit more and extended.

another episode with loads packed in, has been a very entertaining season so far but I do think they are moving things too fast now, some of these key moments could have been savoured a bit more and extended.

Agreed, they're definitely moving the main players into place.

I can't believe that

Spoiler:  
the lannisters seem to know everything that Dani's crew is doing but they are completely oblivious the other way round,
the writing has get very sloppy, Jon Snow completely forgetting about dragonstone until Tyrion "reminded" him for example wtf?

Back