• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones - S7 - Spoilers allowed on Wed each week. Be warned!!

Agree with all that and yeah, not much chance to fanny about now.

Was that giant White Walker meant to be a re-incarnation (as it were) of Wun-Wun? I know he died at Winterfell, not the other side of The Wall, but the way they focused in on the eye where we took the fatal blow had me wondering. Doesn't really make sense I know but then again in the same programme a teenage girl was able to successfully imitate a 90 year old man so anything is possible really.

Hope we see plenty more of Jim Broadbent's character.

I didn't notice the focus on the eye but if that is him the thing that would be a bigger plot hole for me is the fact that Jon Snow and the free folk/ Wildlings have religiously burnt the dead to stop them reinforcing the army of the dead. Surely they would have done this for all those who fell at the battle of the *******s?

I'm sure there are plenty of dead giants and it wasn't Wun Wun. I vaguely remember when Jon Snow first met the Wildlings there was more than one.

I thought Thomas Turgoose being in that scene was a bigger deal than Ed Sheeran!

But I still don't get why people got so annoyed about Sheeran.

Will say no more until the Wednesday morning 'no spoilers' embargo.

Because it was totally pointless.
Having said that, good opening and please no spoilers to ruin things. I would go as far as a zone ban if anyone feels the need to let everyone know what's about to happen - just keep it to your bloody self!

Because it was totally pointless.
Having said that, good opening and please no spoilers to ruin things. I would go as far as a zone ban if anyone feels the need to let everyone know what's about to happen - just keep it to your bloody self!

I get people not liking it, but some reaction on Twitter was excessive. As per usual I guess.

Re spoilers, we've agreed at the top of this thread that spoiler tags should be used for anything posted before Wednesday am UK time. After that it is open season, otherwise the whole thread will just be

Spoiler:  
Spoiler

Spoiler:  
Spoiler

Spoiler:  
Spoiler

Spoiler:  
Spoiler

I thought it was an ok episode. Until the final 10 minutes, it felt a bit rushed. You can tell they're compressing the story this season.

I thought it was an ok episode. Until the final 10 minutes, it felt a bit rushed. You can tell they're compressing the story this season.
Yeah, concerned that they're trying to fit 10 episodes worth of storyline into 7 episodes.

Unnecessary sex scene ahoy!

Sort of.
  Spoiler:  
Looking at Nathalie Emmanuel in the nip is a fine way to pass one's time

I was very glad indeed to
  Spoiler:  
see the back of 2/3 of the tiresome sand snakes. Maybe they're good characters in the books, but on the telly they've been poorly written and have added little of worth

Sort of.
  Spoiler:  
Looking at Nathalie Emmanuel in the nip is a fine way to pass one's time

I was very glad indeed to
  Spoiler:  
see the back of 2/3 of the tiresome sand snakes. Maybe they're good characters in the books, but on the telly they've been poorly written and have added little of worth

I very much agree with you first spoiler, Beautiful!!

I agree with the pace of this series so far, does seem rushed and trying to pack too much in.

Agree also. which is why I think it will be important to watch really closely. They can barely waste a line of dialogue
  Spoiler:  
surely why they had to get rid of Sand snakes. Momma! Momma!
, let alone whole scenes now, so there should be clues and pointers all over the place.

Back