• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw kenneth Branagh's A Haunting in Venice earlier an d foud it really enjoyable and and I'm far from being an AG fan .

Last edited:
tbh I'm looking for a little help please to track down an end of the world/armageddon type movie. I have the name of one of the lead character's and I remember much of the plot but cannot find the title or a link to it.

tbh I'm looking for a little help please to track down an end of the world/armageddon type movie. I have the name of one of the lead character's and I remember much of the plot but cannot find the title or a link to it.
Hi, If you can remember any cast member--- Imdb will have the answer.

What was the character's name and what was the basic plot?
It's an "end of the world" armageddon survival type story similar to The Road, one of the film's main character is a black traveller pulling a handcart called Jeremiah and he stumbles across a fellow "survivor" a female who's late father was a pastor. The church is derelict. Jeremiah and her try to get to know each other but then a third party (a rugged looking guy) arrives which adds a twist to the plot.

I was thinking it might be the 1959 film 'The World, The Flesh and The Devil' with Harry Belafonte as a mine inspector trapped in a cave in who digs himself out only to find that humanity has been wiped out by atomic poisoning. He goes to New York and finds another survivor, a white woman and they become close but another man (white) appears on the scene with the inevitable consequences. Sounds similar plot but not your film I don't think.

It's an "end of the world" armageddon survival type story similar to The Road, one of the film's main character is a black traveller pulling a handcart called Jeremiah and he stumbles across a fellow "survivor" a female who's late father was a pastor. The church is derelict. Jeremiah and her try to get to know each other but then a third party (a rugged looking guy) arrives which adds a twist to the plot.
How old is the film roughly?

Why is the handcart called Jeremiah?

From ChatGPT

The film you're describing sounds like "The Divide" (2011). It's a post-apocalyptic survival story with a group of characters seeking shelter in a fallout shelter after a nuclear attack. Jeremiah and the female survivor's encounter is one of the early plot points, and the arrival of the rugged-looking guy adds tension to the story.

I was thinking it might be the 1959 film 'The World, The Flesh and The Devil' with Harry Belafonte as a mine inspector trapped in a cave in who digs himself out only to find that humanity has been wiped out by atomic poisoning. He goes to New York and finds another survivor, a white woman and they become close but another man (white) appears on the scene with the inevitable consequences. Sounds similar plot but not your film I don't think.
Thanks for the heads up----A new film to me.

Ms Baldy and I went to see "The Old Oak" (Ken loach's last film?) and it was grim.
1696798404684.png

Last edited:
Back