• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

In the Dorset deluge yesterday we visited the Bovingdon Tank Museum which then led to us 'renting' out 'Fury' on Amazon Prime yesterday to continue the theme ... what a top movie that is.
I really disliked the film the first time I saw it, but really enjoyed it the second time. The ending is a bit dumb, and I’m being polite ( attack the back of the tank) and I think that clouded my judgement first time

Bovington is my favourite museum. On one visit by pure luck we were there when they brought out their Tiger Tank 😀😀. The only running one in the world

Edit- just remembered they also have a Sherman firefly there which was the first allied tank that could take out a Tiger

Last edited:
Saw Chistopker Nplan's excellent Oppenheimer earlier.A much better fom IMO than the cult classic Momento (or even the only other film of his that I've seen) Dunkirk.

Last edited:
I saw this the other day--(maybe the best motor sickle film)
View attachment 27642

This is my favourite scene:

"What the hell is this - troublemakers?"

I read in the comments that all the diner actors were local residents. The sheriff was a real policeman and got into quite a bit of trouble.

One of the prostitutes they pick up in New Orleans is Toni Basil of Mickey fame. She also appeared in another counterculture classic, Head by The Monkees.

Last edited:

I read in the comments that all the diner actors were local residents. The sheriff was a real policeman and got into quite a bit of trouble.

One of the prostitutes they pick up in New Orleans is Toni Basil of Mickey fame. She also appeared in another counterculture classic, Head by The Monkees.
Toni Basil was also in 'Five Easy Pieces'

Great scene......The 45 in the background was "Let's Turkey Trot" by Little Eva.

"Easy Rider" was a huge success...."Head" was a total flop.

Ms Baldy and I went to the lovely Curzon in Bloomsbury on Saturday---If you are a fan of "The Master Of Suspense" this is a "must see" docu.
View attachment 27600
Remember seeing Philip French ,RIP,the Observer's respected film critic at the time,talking about Hitchcock's The Birds and introducing the film at a session of WHSB's film club circa 1969/70.

Ps.Haven't seen the 2021 documentary I am Alfred Hitchcock,have you? (Thinking about getting a copy).

Last edited:
I do like a true murder film but this one was actually shocking beyond belief. :Sad:

220px-American_Murder_The_Family_Next_Door_Poster.jpg

From Imdb "This cheapo "biker" flick featuring bikers, hippies, and cowboy rednecks is pretty tame stuff with TERRIBLE music throughout."

1690482183834.png

Back