• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Had 2 recent flights to NY & back, & watched 4 films, which as i don't have Netflix or anything else, was a bonus. My ratings as follows.
1917, enjoyed it but wouldn't watch again.
Bullet train, thoroughly enjoyed it, would happily watch again.
A man called Otto, liked it, might watch again.
Top Gun Maverick. I've never seen the original Top Gun, but thought this was good & would watch again.

I would certainly see 1917 again (as I did when it was on the box recently and thoroughly enjoyed it) .Can't say I've seen or would be interested in) any of the other films you mentionapart from A man called Otto,which I certainly enoyed and would probably see on the box again.

Last edited:
Had 2 recent flights to NY & back, & watched 4 films, which as i don't have Netflix or anything else, was a bonus. My ratings as follows.
1917, enjoyed it but wouldn't watch again.
Bullet train, thoroughly enjoyed it, would happily watch again.
A man called Otto, liked it, might watch again.
Top Gun Maverick. I've never seen the original Top Gun, but thought this was good & would watch again.

Loved 1917 but yea I agree it’s a one time only film
top Gun Maverick has a lot of callbacks - it’s so much better having seen the original beforehand

Really enjoyed Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

It did nothing original and won't win any awards, and certainly wasn't the best of Indy's outings, but it did what I needed it to do. A good story, great action (inc. the very first scene), and a good shot of nostalgia and fan service. Way better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull too.

The final act was a little too far fetched perhaps, but I can overlook that.

The de-aging/deep fake technology is getting better and better but there is a lingering coldness in the eyes.

I find Phoebe Waller-Bridge to be really, really likeable.

7/10.

Can anybody help? I am looking for a vintage British film (1950's?) about a man on a train who looks out and thinks that he sees a murder in a house.

Does anybody know the title?
Did you find the movie??

Sounds similar to the plot of the Hitchcock film, Rear Window ?

Just watched Le Mans 66. based on the true story of Fords effort to win Le Mans, against the might of Ferrari. Good film BUT Christian Bale's brummie accent, as Ken Miles, felt about as authentic as Dick Van Dykes cockney "Gaw bloimey Mehwy Poppins". Shame.

Last edited:
Saw Paul Shraeder's stylish,psychological thriller Master Gardener yesterday.Perhaps not my normal sort of fayre but well worth a couple of euros.A word or two about Signouney Weaver.She doesn't get her kit off in this one.Not quite. :Winking: But at her -ahem-age -there's clearly a future for her playing Bette Davis/Joan Crawford type roles (as she does here).

Saw Paul Shraeder's stylish,psychological thriller Master Gardener yesterday.Perhaps not my normal sort of fayre but well worth a couple of euros.A word or two about Signouney Weaver.She doesn't get her kit off in this one.Not quite. :Winking: But at her -ahem-age -there's clearly a future for her playing Bette Davis/Joan Crawford type roles (as she does here).
I feel a burst of "Baby Jane" coming on!!

I feel a burst of "Baby Jane" coming on!!
That was of course the film I was referring to indirectly .SW could play that sort or role easily for the rest of her career if she wantsd to.Personally I hope she won't.She much too subtle an actress for that And much as I admire Robert Aldrich's films I doubt if anyone ever called them subtle. :Winking:

Last edited:
Back