• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Back to 1961....It was corny and slushy but I still enjoyed it.

Attachments

• 1688407977171.png
    1688407977171.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 7
Saw Aisha earlier .This little Irish gem (released in Nov in the UK according to Pete Bradshaw's Grauniad review).FWIW my takaway is that it's not a good idea to be an an asylum seeker from Nigeria in modern day Ireland

Tried to watch Naked (1993 Mike Leigh). Got halfway through and finding it tough going. I’ll stick with it and maybe have the G&Ts flowing for the remainder.

Not to be confused with another film called Naked which is a dire attempt at humour in the mode of Groundhog Day. Avoid at all costs.

Tried to watch Naked (1993 Mike Leigh). Got halfway through and finding it tough going. I’ll stick with it and maybe have the G&Ts flowing for the remainder.

Not to be confused with another film called Naked which is a dire attempt at humour in the mode of Groundhog Day. Avoid at all costs.

David Thewliss is great in it though.

Watched “The Father” last night. Excellent portrayal by Anthony Hopkins as an elderly dementia sufferer struggling with life while be supported by his daughter (Olivia Colman). Takes a little getting used to until you realise you are seeing everything from the old man’s perspective but a very good watch. Might be a tough watch for someone who has dealt with dementia sufferers though. 5/5

This remake is in the pipeline apparently!!

Also watched The Hippopotamus based on a Stephen Fry novel. Wife hated it but when it finished I realised that I'd actually enjoyed it a lot. Roger Allam is excellent value, as always.

Attachments

• Parasite.jpg
    Parasite.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 11
Had 2 recent flights to NY & back, & watched 4 films, which as i don't have Netflix or anything else, was a bonus. My ratings as follows.
1917, enjoyed it but wouldn't watch again.
Bullet train, thoroughly enjoyed it, would happily watch again.
A man called Otto, liked it, might watch again.
Top Gun Maverick. I've never seen the original Top Gun, but thought this was good & would watch again.

Had 2 recent flights to NY & back, & watched 4 films, which as i don't have Netflix or anything else, was a bonus. My ratings as follows.
1917, enjoyed it but wouldn't watch again.
Bullet train, thoroughly enjoyed it, would happily watch again.
A man called Otto, liked it, might watch again.
Top Gun Maverick. I've never seen the original Top Gun, but thought this was good & would watch again.

Recommend you watch the first Top Gun

Back