• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw Margethe Von Trotta's wonderful Rosa Luxemburg again on France's Arte tv yesterday.Think I'll have to dig up my own copy of the film when we're back in SC for the English subtites.

Last edited:
Saw Wes Anderson's Astroid City earlier at Bézers moncine cinema.Strictly for WA fans I think ,though I did enjoy his Grand Budapest Hotel-.

Can anybody help? I am looking for a vintage British film (1950's?) about a man on a train who looks out and thinks that he sees a murder in a house.

Does anybody know the title?

Can anybody help? I am looking for a vintage British film (1950's?) about a man on a train who looks out and thinks that he sees a murder in a house.

Does anybody know the title?
The man who saw a murder in a house whilst on the train!!!

Mrs Baldy and I went to the lovely Picturehouse Finsbury Park yesterday and saw the excellent docu. about Three time winner of The Tour De France---- American cyclist Greg LeMond's incredible triumph in the 1989.

1688099974786.png

A quiet place II

I liked the first one, it was a little bit “different “ from similar “end of the world” type films. The concept of “make no noise” seems at odds with watching a film but worked well.

The sequel is more of the same but with a decent story line , and cleverly has multiple lines at the same time which come together nicely.

It also sets itself up nicely for a third film of how us humans can take back the planet.

To anyone who hasn’t watched the first film and doesn’t like science fiction, most of it is just good acting and a good story line. The aliens ( who you hardly see in the first film) could be the SS in WW2 searching out Jews in warsaw. ( or that’s where my brain went )

Well worth a watch 7.25

Watched Guy Ritchie’s The Covenant on Amazon Prime which I thought was a decent movie with loads of action so a solid 8 from me.

I liked also that it was about the relationship between a local interpreter in Afghanistan and an American sergeant which was a bit different and thought provoking in respect of how many of them suffered after the USA pulled out only for the Taliban to rule again,

Back